Megachurches Still Packing Them In!

Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.

Most churches are shut down. This virus hoax is all about getting to do what global warming couldn't:
Shut down the economy and crash it.
Cloward-Piven strategy. Keep people from assembling/going to work for 2 mos.
Economy crashes, wage-earners and small businesses worst hit.
Tons of new people needing goveernment assistance, overburdening the system.

You're nuts. Why would ANYONE want to do that?

Communist Revolution, duh!
What the fuck do you know about Communist Revolution?

Wtf do you know about any damn thing, fucktard?

I know about the Communist stated goals for bringing down America, and this Coronavirus thing fits in nicely.

Being a right-winger has to be a measurable risk factor in dying of this disease.
Incredible but true.
I went to our small town hardware store the other day. The place has become sort of a hangout for conservatives since things started shutting down. There were about a dozen men standing right inside the front door close talking and shaking hands. I know most of them and never thought of them as idiots before but that open display of ignorance was alarming to me. Our local hospital has only 25 beds, those fools could fill up half of them.
They've been told this is a political plot and they believe it, down to their bones.

This has been a perfect example of how an ideology can literally be dangerous.
At some point they will question why they are being asked to parrot a contradictory message every week.
Obviously they get this stuff from talk radio and the internet.

I wonder if any of those people feel the slightest bit of guilt.

I'm guessing not.
I suspect that the slower ones actually believe that the world is a conspiracy against them so its all moot. Its kind of shocking that hatred of science leads people to advocate spreading disease and ultimately killing people.
I wonder if they realize that exercising their "freedom" puts others at risk.

The problem here is that their thought processes are simply saturated with partisan politics, and particularly Trumpism. There is nothing you can say to them, even at this moment. They will only believe what they are told in their closed-circuit universe.

Literally. Not kidding.

I wonder if they realize that exercising their "freedom" puts others at risk.

Gosh you're right there, Mac. Better do away with a lot of those pesky freedoms so the government can do a great job of keeping us safe, huh?

Oh yeah. Safety. Courtesy of the government. Just what the Founding Fathers envisioned.
Yeah, well, this is part of the Declaration of Independence, shithead (note the word in bold face):

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes...

Good to see we still have freedom of religion in America.

Yes, you are free to be as stupid as possible. This has nothing to do with "freedom of religion", and if you had half a brain, you'd know that. Hopefully there were a LOT of Trump voters in church yesterday.

Given the geographical location and demographics of the churches mentioned in the article, I'm pretty sure they were all MAGA hat people.

Being a right-winger has to be a measurable risk factor in dying of this disease.
Incredible but true.
I went to our small town hardware store the other day. The place has become sort of a hangout for conservatives since things started shutting down. There were about a dozen men standing right inside the front door close talking and shaking hands. I know most of them and never thought of them as idiots before but that open display of ignorance was alarming to me. Our local hospital has only 25 beds, those fools could fill up half of them.
They've been told this is a political plot and they believe it, down to their bones.

At some point they will question why they are being asked to parrot a contradictory message every week.

I'm guessing not.

I made my decision about this Coronavirus hoax yesterday, while watching "Meet The Press".

You see, you observe whatever they're pushing for, and the opposite is what's best for the country.

Yesterday they were pushing lockdown for 2 more months, that means it needs to end as soon as possible. :)
And yet your guru Trump extended the lockdown until the end of April. What does that tell you?

That we're teetering on the edge of a Worldwide Depression larger than the 1 in the 20th Century.
PS: Trump is not my "guru". I am not Indian, I am American and not American Indian, either; You?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get ready for work.

I really don't care if you feel my First Amendment Rights are selfish. For now, they are still my rights. I know you probably care little for them.

I care more about the people who are going to die because you dumb-ass bible thumpers are more interested in praising your Sky Fairy than actually protecting lives.
Protect yourself and the stupid people can't hurt you

For what, protect yourself for what? A few more spins on this floating rock in space?

This is what I mean here...doomed to destruction

Damn right. I want to stay on this ride as long as possible.

And that right there, exactly, is the problem in 21st century America. Because we have become a post-Christian society, we have forgotten what freedom means to us. So we will ALL lose our freedom, we have lost "herd immunity freedom". Sure, we will be clinging to life after this. But what life?

We have forgotten that sometimes, life is not worth living. But whatever. Life can also be a very, very hard teacher.

Live free or die!

Yes indeed. Or the cry of my patriot forefathers: "Give me liberty or give me death!"

But not now. The cry of the 21st century American: "Big Daddy Govco, keep me safe! There's a virus out there and it's scaaaaarrrrry and I don't know what to do if you don't protect meeeeee"

Really shameful when you think about it
I don't expect the government to ever keep me safe.

I protect myself if you don't want to do that that's your problem

Sure you expect the government to keep you safe, don't you? We have protected religious freedom in the Constitution but you have a problem with it. What do you propose to do about it?

I don't care what your religion is but don't assume that other people don't think their life is worth living just because you think yours isn't

If you care so little for your own health and the people of your church care so little for theirs that's your problem so go to church and get everyone there sick IDGAF because I have never stepped foot in a church and don't plan to any time in my life

But don't tell me you can't practice your religion from home or in small groups because that is simply untrue

These people do not understand how disease is spread. They also do not understand that they can pray anywhere, even in their homes. The Creator/Supreme Being can hear you in your living room, your bedroom, your bathroom 24/7.
It takes a crowd to induce religious ecstasy. A neurological state indistinguishable from orgasm. Getting "the spirit" releases a powerful endorphin rush that can be terribly addictive. They have a deep physical need to get their spiritual rocks off.

You must have gone to the Roly-Poly church where they "Get the Spirit" and start speaking gibberish.
I went when I was around 12 with my friend, we ran home as fast as we could when they started trying to drown a kid.
We went around to all the churches when I was a kid.
Yes, that's the kind of churches that refuse to close. I have actually witnessed snake handling and speaking in tongues during my childhood.

See I don't know about that. My church "meets" only virtually now. But if churches wanted to meet, I would understand it. Throughout the history of Christendom, churches have met underground for all sorts of reasons even under horrible circumstances, even upon pain of death.

I draw the line of course if someone has an active infection or even if someone in their house does.
And if someone is infected, but has mild symptoms or NO symptoms, what then?

Well now, if someone is infected but has no symptoms how would they even know? But then how does the guy in the hardware store or the liquor store know either?
you can be safer in a one on one interaction than you can among hundreds of people at the same time

Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.

Probably my least favorite part of this entire mess is Virus-Shaming

Shut up and let people live their lives, and you live yours

People can't live their lives when people like you refuse to believe in science. You probably think the earth is 6000 years old, too.

Noted Creation Scientist Sir Isaac Newton's research indicates the universe was created in 3998 BC, which would make it 6021 years old, not 6000.

You might not like the theory of Creation Science, but Newton's credentials are impeccable.

And the freedom to infect everyone around you! Yes!
Did you ever notice that GERMS aren't mentioned in the Bible? Why is that?

Because the bible isn't a science book. It's a book describing human relationships with God.

What good would it have done? It was 2000 years before humans designed any kind of instrument to be able to actually DO something with that information. Telling someone about germs and viruses without the knowledge to STOP them is kind of like telling a baby about the theory of relativity.

Yes, you are free to be as stupid as possible. This has nothing to do with "freedom of religion", and if you had half a brain, you'd know that. Hopefully there were a LOT of Trump voters in church yesterday.

Wishing death on your enemies? So much for Love Trumping Hate.

Incredible but true.

I'm guessing not.

I made my decision about this Coronavirus hoax yesterday, while watching "Meet The Press".

You see, you observe whatever they're pushing for, and the opposite is what's best for the country.

Yesterday they were pushing lockdown for 2 more months, that means it needs to end as soon as possible. :)
And yet your guru Trump extended the lockdown until the end of April. What does that tell you?

That he caves to political pressure, when it reaches a certain point.

So Drs. Fauci and Birx had nothing to do with him backing off his fantasy? Fauci and Birx are not politicians. They are the only thing standing between the ignorance of Trump and an end to this pandemic, you stupid fucking idiot.

The last stated talking point from the left on that subject was that Trump does not listen to experts, so it can't be that.

I doubt you have the Authority to change such an important talking point, without direction from above, and I know for a fact, that you have not received any such directive.

These people who go to these mega-churches are being incredibly selfish. Whatever they contract while there they will carry with them to infect others.
Of course. But they believe it's not that dangerous.

So what are we supposed to say to someone like that?

Objectively, to what would you like to compare it? What plague, what virus in the past?

Smallpox?

Measles?

Bubonic plague?

Ebola?

Cholera?

Typhoid?

Maybe YOU could set aside the sighing and whining and we could do an honest, objective comparison. Truth is, this virus is a LOT less deadly than many. Truth is, aside from a few tragic outliers, it barely touches those who are already not in poor health. A century ago, many of the people stricken by COVID would have probably not been alive at any rate. Am I saying they don't deserve to be alive now? Not even close. I'm just saying that in all the plagues we have, let's be honest: this one is not a horror show.
Probably the best comparison would be with the so-called "Spanish" flu of 1918-1919, which you didn't list. Smallpox was eradicated by the United Nations, the first disease ever made (virtually) extinct, and the U.N. justified its existence for all time with that one accomplishment. Measles was once common and extremely contagious, much more than the coronavirus, but now with a vaccine it wouldn't be a problem except stupid anti-vaccers have screwed things up. Better hygiene probably helped greatly reduce bubonic plague, as well as cholera and typhoid. Ebola is a terrible disease, but it's not nearly as contagious as covid-19.

The factors that make this virus so insidious are these: it's extremely contagious; you may have mild symptoms or no symptoms, but still be infectious; and the virus can survive on some surfaces for a long time (some evidence indicates as long as 17 days).

Incredible but true.

Did you go over and say, "Hello, I"m your local Leftist and I would like to report you to the Viral Authority Board"

Or did you just WISH you could?
Nope. I said hey and went about my business. I still have work to do before I get shut down. Pretty libertarian when it comes to personal choice. If they want to flirt with death then they deserve what they get.

I would like to know what has liberals absolutely hyperventilating all over about this virus. The men shook hands. In one post you called them "idiots", "ignorant" and "fools". Honestly you would think they dove head first off a tall building the way you talk about it.

It's honestly ridiculous
It's high time you come to understand exponential growth. A basic understanding of bell curves would bring you a little closer to understanding. Communicable diseases always follow a curve that allows one to fairly accurately foretell the future. Our current growth curve says this thing is going to be horrifying before it's done.

Equally horrifying would be if we get a good drug combo on board to treat and prevent the virus and we could all return to normal life very, very soon

I understand
And what are YOU doing to achieve that "good drug combo"? Anything?

Most churches are shut down. This virus hoax is all about getting to do what global warming couldn't:
Cloward-Piven strategy. Keep people from assembling/going to work for 2 mos.
Economy crashes, wage-earners and small businesses worst hit.
Tons of new people needing goveernment assistance, overburdening the system.

You're nuts. Why would ANYONE want to do that?

Communist Revolution, duh!
What the fuck do you know about Communist Revolution?

Wtf do you know about any damn thing, fucktard?

I know about the Communist stated goals for bringing down America, and this Coronavirus thing fits in nicely.

Like I said, you're nuts. I'm not sure that there's any point in continuing this conversation...

These people who go to these mega-churches are being incredibly selfish. Whatever they contract while there they will carry with them to infect others.
Of course. But they believe it's not that dangerous.

So what are we supposed to say to someone like that?

I do not know. I've said, years before the coronavirus showed up, that these guys have to have their stage so that they can be videoed waving their arms in the air for "God" and can't just pray. I don't know what to think. In my own life, I've been to Ephesus, the Great Mosque of Istanbul, St. Peter's, the catacombs, Canterbury, Westminster, the National Cathedral, but these people's antics have caused me to rethink what faith is all about. Is it a farce? I am in the midst of serious questioning.
Just accept the fact that there is no God and you'll be fine. Why does one God make more sense than many gods? None of that makes sense. We're born, we live, we die. YOU make your life mean something, not some mystical being.

I remember when I was a total piece of lowdown shit...I tried my hardest to lose faith...I hated believers..I hated knowing there were believers...Just knowing they existed made me feel like I should be and do better. Damn those pesky Christians!
LefTard Logic:
“Christian believers whom love God = BAD”
“Chicks with dicks, faggots, rug munchers, abortionists, wetbacks, drug users, criminals and degenerate pieces of shit = GOOD”

You filthy fucks can’t be taken seriously.

Out of curiosity. Not trying to start a big fight here.

Is this a serious post?

You fuckin' aye right it is, Mac1958 the fence-sitting farce!
I believe ya!

Remember what I told you if/when it happens.

The media is prepared to go immediately from "Everybody stay home, Oh Noes! It's the Coronavirus" to
"Trump just crashed the economy" because people listened to the media and followed the "experts" recommendations.

Here come the 7 years of famine, baby, brought on by globalist media and politicians.
What's happening right now is no more the fault of the "globalist media and politicians" than it is Trump's fault. It just happened. But now we have to deal with it.

Probably my least favorite part of this entire mess is Virus-Shaming

Shut up and let people live their lives, and you live yours

C Clayton dislikes this because it wants to shame you and tell you how to live your life

But then we all know this. It's what Leftists love best. Honest to goodness, this is the truth: part of what I love best about my evangelical Christian church life is ESCAPING the judgment and shaming.

I am being absolutely 100% honest. Evangelicals are nothing compared to the 21st century Leftist. Nothing

Leftest hate religion because it puts God ahead of the State. The Leftest believe in a duality God: Big Government and AGW. Maybe a a little bit of pot thrown in.
I don't hate religion because it puts God ahead of the State. I hate religion because it isn't true, and yet it makes people do horrible things. And I'd rather have LSD than pot.

I remember when I was a total piece of lowdown shit...I tried my hardest to lose faith...I hated believers..I hated knowing there were believers...Just knowing they existed made me feel like I should be and do better. Damn those pesky Christians!
LefTard Logic:
“Chicks with dicks, faggots, rug munchers, abortionists, wetbacks, drug users, criminals and degenerate pieces of shit = GOOD”

Clearly, you have "issues" with religion. I grew up without it, so I was able to look at it objectively.

Incredible but true.

Did you go over and say, "Hello, I"m your local Leftist and I would like to report you to the Viral Authority Board"

Or did you just WISH you could?
Nope. I said hey and went about my business. I still have work to do before I get shut down. Pretty libertarian when it comes to personal choice. If they want to flirt with death then they deserve what they get.

I would like to know what has liberals absolutely hyperventilating all over about this virus. The men shook hands. In one post you called them "idiots", "ignorant" and "fools". Honestly you would think they dove head first off a tall building the way you talk about it.

It's honestly ridiculous
It's high time you come to understand exponential growth. A basic understanding of bell curves would bring you a little closer to understanding. Communicable diseases always follow a curve that allows one to fairly accurately foretell the future. Our current growth curve says this thing is going to be horrifying before it's done.

Equally horrifying would be if we get a good drug combo on board to treat and prevent the virus and we could all return to normal life very, very soon

I understand
Sadly there is nothing that will make a noticeable dent in this thing coming any time soon. Quit looking for magic bullets. Prevention, as always, is the best cure. There are diseases out there that have been around for millennia and still all we can do is medical life support until they fight it off or die. There are no magic bullets.

Science-denier
Reality denier. Think about the aids virus. It took years to find something to treat it. We may be better at understanding viruses these days but still there can be no treatment that will be ready to flatten the curve before it goes into decline anyway.

I'm sorry to break this sad news (for you) but the FDA just released emergency authorization of the cocktail of good drugs for coronavirus care. They are having excellent results. DARN! There goes your opportunity to Get Those Christians THIS TIME< huh?

I hope it's effective.

I really don't care if you feel my First Amendment Rights are selfish. For now, they are still my rights. I know you probably care little for them.

I care more about the people who are going to die because you dumb-ass bible thumpers are more interested in praising your Sky Fairy than actually protecting lives.
Protect yourself and the stupid people can't hurt you

For what, protect yourself for what? A few more spins on this floating rock in space?

This is what I mean here...doomed to destruction
Just kill yourself and get it over with.

LefTard Logic:

Clearly, you have "issues" with religion. I grew up without it, so I was able to look at it objectively.

No issues at all...I’m wise enough to know that nothing but good comes from true believers...Face it, that’s why you feel compelled to sow discord...fithly unaccountable degenerates can’t really spread their filth with those pesky believers standing in the way. I totally get it man.

New Topics

Forum List

Back