Megachurches Still Packing Them In!

I really don't care if you feel my First Amendment Rights are selfish. For now, they are still my rights. I know you probably care little for them.

I care more about the people who are going to die because you dumb-ass bible thumpers are more interested in praising your Sky Fairy than actually protecting lives.
Protect yourself and the stupid people can't hurt you

For what, protect yourself for what? A few more spins on this floating rock in space?

This is what I mean here...doomed to destruction
Just kill yourself and get it over with.

Being a right-winger has to be a measurable risk factor in dying of this disease.
Incredible but true.
I went to our small town hardware store the other day. The place has become sort of a hangout for conservatives since things started shutting down. There were about a dozen men standing right inside the front door close talking and shaking hands. I know most of them and never thought of them as idiots before but that open display of ignorance was alarming to me. Our local hospital has only 25 beds, those fools could fill up half of them.

Did you go over and say, "Hello, I"m your local Leftist and I would like to report you to the Viral Authority Board"

Or did you just WISH you could?
Nope. I said hey and went about my business. I still have work to do before I get shut down. Pretty libertarian when it comes to personal choice. If they want to flirt with death then they deserve what they get.

I would like to know what has liberals absolutely hyperventilating all over about this virus. The men shook hands. In one post you called them "idiots", "ignorant" and "fools". Honestly you would think they dove head first off a tall building the way you talk about it.

It's honestly ridiculous
It's high time you come to understand exponential growth. A basic understanding of bell curves would bring you a little closer to understanding. Communicable diseases always follow a curve that allows one to fairly accurately foretell the future. Our current growth curve says this thing is going to be horrifying before it's done.

Equally horrifying would be if we get a good drug combo on board to treat and prevent the virus and we could all return to normal life very, very soon

I understand
Sadly there is nothing that will make a noticeable dent in this thing coming any time soon. Quit looking for magic bullets. Prevention, as always, is the best cure. There are diseases out there that have been around for millennia and still all we can do is medical life support until they fight it off or die. There are no magic bullets.

Science-denier
Reality denier. Think about the aids virus. It took years to find something to treat it. We may be better at understanding viruses these days but still there can be no treatment that will be ready to flatten the curve before it goes into decline anyway.

They didn't quarantine everyone and bring on a Depression that makes the last one look like a piker over AIDS.
*sigh
I really don't care if you feel my First Amendment Rights are selfish. For now, they are still my rights. I know you probably care little for them.

I care more about the people who are going to die because you dumb-ass bible thumpers are more interested in praising your Sky Fairy than actually protecting lives.

For what, protect yourself for what? A few more spins on this floating rock in space?

Damn right. I want to stay on this ride as long as possible.

And that right there, exactly, is the problem in 21st century America. Because we have become a post-Christian society, we have forgotten what freedom means to us. So we will ALL lose our freedom, we have lost "herd immunity freedom". Sure, we will be clinging to life after this. But what life?

We have forgotten that sometimes, life is not worth living. But whatever. Life can also be a very, very hard teacher.
Well, if life is not worth living, then...

Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.

Probably my least favorite part of this entire mess is Virus-Shaming

Shut up and let people live their lives, and you live yours

C Clayton dislikes this because it wants to shame you and tell you how to live your life

But then we all know this. It's what Leftists love best. Honest to goodness, this is the truth: part of what I love best about my evangelical Christian church life is ESCAPING the judgment and shaming.

I am being absolutely 100% honest. Evangelicals are nothing compared to the 21st century Leftist. Nothing

Leftest hate religion because it puts God ahead of the State. The Leftest believe in a duality God: Big Government and AGW. Maybe a a little bit of pot thrown in.
I don't hate religion because it puts God ahead of the State. I hate religion because it isn't true, and yet it makes people do horrible things. And I'd rather have LSD than pot.

You don't know if it is true or not. It is typical of a Moon Bat to be closed mind about things so I understand your denial of God.

There have been religious war but by far the greatest number of people killed in history have been perpetrated for secular reasons. The Stalin and Mao purges as recent examples.

You are simply confused about things like this.

Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.

I remember when I was a total piece of lowdown shit...I tried my hardest to lose faith...I hated believers..I hated knowing there were believers...Just knowing they existed made me feel like I should be and do better. Damn those pesky Christians!
LefTard Logic:
“Christian believers whom love God = BAD”
“Chicks with dicks, faggots, rug munchers, abortionists, wetbacks, drug users, criminals and degenerate pieces of shit = GOOD”

You filthy fucks can’t be taken seriously.
Clearly, you have "issues" with religion. I grew up without it, so I was able to look at it objectively.

No issues at all...I’m wise enough to know that nothing but good comes from true believers...Face it, that’s why you feel compelled to sow discord...fithly unaccountable degenerates can’t really spread their filth with those pesky believers standing in the way. I totally get it man.
Oh, golly! You get me! You totally get me!

Good to see we still have freedom of religion in America.

Yes, you are free to be as stupid as possible. This has nothing to do with "freedom of religion", and if you had half a brain, you'd know that. Hopefully there were a LOT of Trump voters in church yesterday.

Wishing death on your enemies? So much for Love Trumping Hate.

Even before the Pandemic she was praying for the death of anyone that does not follow her Chinese Government Doctrine...

C Clayton dislikes this because it wants to shame you and tell you how to live your life

But then we all know this. It's what Leftists love best. Honest to goodness, this is the truth: part of what I love best about my evangelical Christian church life is ESCAPING the judgment and shaming.

I am being absolutely 100% honest. Evangelicals are nothing compared to the 21st century Leftist. Nothing

Leftest hate religion because it puts God ahead of the State. The Leftest believe in a duality God: Big Government and AGW. Maybe a a little bit of pot thrown in.
I don't hate religion because it puts God ahead of the State. I hate religion because it isn't true, and yet it makes people do horrible things. And I'd rather have LSD than pot.

You don't know if it is true or not. It is typical of a Moon Bat to be closed mind about things so I understand your denial of God.

There have been religious war but by far the greatest number of people killed in history have been perpetrated for secular reasons. The Stalin and Mao purges as recent examples.

I'm confused? Where did Stalin and Mao come from? I thought we were discussing religion. Granted, Stalin and Mao killed millions, but is that what we were talking about? Anyway, whether religion resulted in millions of people being killed, or none, that's not the point. The point is that religion is a fantasy.

And that right there, exactly, is the problem in 21st century America. Because we have become a post-Christian society, we have forgotten what freedom means to us. So we will ALL lose our freedom, we have lost "herd immunity freedom". Sure, we will be clinging to life after this. But what life?

We have forgotten that sometimes, life is not worth living. But whatever. Life can also be a very, very hard teacher.

Live free or die!
That's right. Live. Don't die.

I'm confused? Where did Stalin and Mao come from? I thought we were discussing religion. Granted, Stalin and Mao killed millions, but is that what we were talking about? Anyway, whether religion resulted in millions of people being killed, or none, that's not the point. The point is that religion is a fantasy.

Well ladies and gentlemen...there you have it...this guy in cyberspace says there's no God...so I guess there isn't.
532508872.jpg

How many people will pass that virus on to someone else?

They have the right to put their own lives in jeopardy but not someone else.

If they get the virus at church then go about their daily lives, they will be spreading it all over the place.

How many innocent people will die?

Selfishness like this is inexcusable. No one has the right to put someone else's life in jeopardy.

But you're a conservative so are those christians. You people are the most selfish and self centered lazy people I've ever encountered.

Actually, during the Previous Pandemic in 1350, the churches remained open and were a great comfort to the people in a time of devastation and pestilence. To ignore Almighty God would seem to be short-sighted.

BTW, it all turned out fine in the 14th Century pandemic, it ended and failed to wipe out the entire population.
It "failed to wipe out the entire population"?? Your obtuseness defies the imagination. The Black Death, which you (somewhat euphemistically) call the 14th Century pandemic, is estimated to have killed 30% to 60% of Europe's population. In total, the plague may have reduced the world population from an estimated 475 million to 350–375 million in the 14th century. That's at least 100 million deaths. It took 200 years for Europe's population to recover to its previous level, and some regions (such as Florence) only recovered by the 19th century.

Still have to go to out to the store for supplies, and all it takes is one idiot. Still required to go into the office once a week. One person at the place I consult for has already tested positive.

You cannot be forced to go to work and consulting can be done via the internet or telephone. And if you are fastidious in your own self protection the likelihood of getting infected is pretty low

Oh. Then what's the problem if people go to church?

Huh
They may be spreading disease.

Mods...I'm certain this thread is about to turn 'Politics' any minute now...right?
Meanwhile this one was moved to 'Health and Lifestyle' immediately.....Hmmm

How many people will pass that virus on to someone else?

They have the right to put their own lives in jeopardy but not someone else.

If they get the virus at church then go about their daily lives, they will be spreading it all over the place.

How many innocent people will die?

Selfishness like this is inexcusable. No one has the right to put someone else's life in jeopardy.

But you're a conservative so are those christians. You people are the most selfish and self centered lazy people I've ever encountered.

Wow, just wow...

The hate from all sides make me sick and make me embarrassed to live in this fucking country and if Canada would let me in I would go home!

Did you ever notice that GERMS aren't mentioned in the Bible? Why is that?
No, but I'm curious to know your theory on that.
My theory is simple: ancient people had no idea that germs exist. They had no microscopes, and they had no concept of a germ-caused disease. They thought that diseases were caused by the wrath of the gods, or bad humors, or evil spirits, or some other malevolent agency. So they had to come up with some other explanation, but it was wrong.
The whole idea of the law of Moses was basic sanitation
But I don't knowif they recognized it as such
I agree with you. For example, the Jewish prohibition on eating the flesh of pigs may have resulted from people getting sick from consuming improperly cooked pork.

pretty sure GOD was on the side of the crusaders.

lots of them died too.
God was on the side of the Crusaders? Ha, ha.

Live free or die!

Yes indeed. Or the cry of my patriot forefathers: "Give me liberty or give me death!"

But not now. The cry of the 21st century American: "Big Daddy Govco, keep me safe! There's a virus out there and it's scaaaaarrrrry and I don't know what to do if you don't protect meeeeee"

Really shameful when you think about it
I don't expect the government to ever keep me safe.

I protect myself if you don't want to do that that's your problem

Sure you expect the government to keep you safe, don't you? We have protected religious freedom in the Constitution but you have a problem with it. What do you propose to do about it?

I don't care what your religion is but don't assume that other people don't think their life is worth living just because you think yours isn't

If you care so little for your own health and the people of your church care so little for theirs that's your problem so go to church and get everyone there sick IDGAF because I have never stepped foot in a church and don't plan to any time in my life

But don't tell me you can't practice your religion from home or in small groups because that is simply untrue

These people do not understand how disease is spread. They also do not understand that they can pray anywhere, even in their homes. The Creator/Supreme Being can hear you in your living room, your bedroom, your bathroom 24/7.
It takes a crowd to induce religious ecstasy. A neurological state indistinguishable from orgasm. Getting "the spirit" releases a powerful endorphin rush that can be terribly addictive. They have a deep physical need to get their spiritual rocks off.
If it's indistinguishable from orgasm, why don't you all just jerk off instead? That would be safe sex.

Well ladies and gentlemen...there you have it...this guy in cyberspace says there's no God...so I guess there isn't.
532508872.jpg
Well, I don't have any piercings or tattoos, either.

Good to see we still have freedom of religion in America.
And the freedom to infect everyone around you! Yes!
Did you ever notice that GERMS aren't mentioned in the Bible? Why is that?

Because the bible isn't a science book. It's a book describing human relationships with God.

What good would it have done? It was 2000 years before humans designed any kind of instrument to be able to actually DO something with that information. Telling someone about germs and viruses without the knowledge to STOP them is kind of like telling a baby about the theory of relativity.
Actually, you're wrong. If people knew that there were organisms that they couldn't see, yet those things might kill them, they could take the same steps that we're being advised to today: wash their hands, keep their distance, etc.

Forum List

Back