Megachurch Pastor Preaches Climate Change Denial, Calls Earth ‘Disposable Planet’

I am posting this in "Religion and Ethics" because, in my view, this preacher is displaying a astounding LACK of ethics. He is putting vulnerable and gullible people at enormous risk in order to maintain his control and power over them

MacArthur, head of Grace Community Church, a suburban Los Angeles megachurch, has been in the headlines lately for defying local COVID-19 heath guidelines, and holding indoor services for thousands with no masks and no social distancing.

However, in addition to being a COVID denier, MacArthur is also a climate change denier, who rejects the science behind climate change and argues that the Earth is a “disposable planet.”

I am not here to argue the merits of climate change or the pandemic. My question is "does he have the right to mix religion with science and politics, and in doing so, encouraging people to engage in what is arguably self destructive behavior? More importantly, there are, no doubt, children involved who cannot give informed consent to being exposed to a virus and are likely to be influenced these views on climate change and their relationship to the each, setting up a bleak prospect for future of themselves and many others.

Bottom line is that ones right live according to the tents of their beliefs ends when the the act of putting those beliefs into practice infringes on the rights and well being of others.

Where do you find these guys and why do you think any of us know or care about him? You act as if everyone on the right follow these types of pastors. Get a grip.

I am posting this in "Religion and Ethics" because, in my view, this preacher is displaying a astounding LACK of ethics. He is putting vulnerable and gullible people at enormous risk in order to maintain his control and power over them

MacArthur, head of Grace Community Church, a suburban Los Angeles megachurch, has been in the headlines lately for defying local COVID-19 heath guidelines, and holding indoor services for thousands with no masks and no social distancing.

However, in addition to being a COVID denier, MacArthur is also a climate change denier, who rejects the science behind climate change and argues that the Earth is a “disposable planet.”

I am not here to argue the merits of climate change or the pandemic. My question is "does he have the right to mix religion with science and politics, and in doing so, encouraging people to engage in what is arguably self destructive behavior? More importantly, there are, no doubt, children involved who cannot give informed consent to being exposed to a virus and are likely to be influenced these views on climate change and their relationship to the each, setting up a bleak prospect for future of themselves and many others.

Bottom line is that ones right live according to the tents of their beliefs ends when the the act of putting those beliefs into practice infringes on the rights and well being of others.

Does he have the right? He's an American, fool. God forbid someone—anyone— dares to disagree with Agenda 21 climate change religion. I have suspected for quite some time you are not an American. This latest post of yours firms up that suspicion. In this post you sound like a shill for the justification of selective authoritarianism . . . the very same brand of oppression your ilk squeals daily about all over Twitter. So let us get this straight, you champion sexual preference freedom conditioning despite its effects on child minds, public displays of faggotry and gay marriage, but you're calling for—in so many words—the forcible censorship of Christians? You have become the thing you claim to hate. See how that works out for you. This is America, fool. America.

Of course he has the right to follow his religious faith.

That's what the 1st Amendment is about. Out here in the country, we have the amish riding their buggies on the road with cars and trucks. Its a hazard, no doubt. But its about their religion, and that's ok with me.

Do you know what Revelations is?

Chapter 6
1 Then I saw when the Lamb

Where do you find these guys and why do you think any of us know or care about him? You act as if everyone on the right follow these types of pastors. Get a grip.
Did I say any of that ? Do you have anything else to contribute besides a Straw Man logical fallacy? Try responding to the issues that I raised
I just responded with why the Earth is disposable. When you have such rampant evil as what is going on by the Progs, you fuckers arent going to have to worry about man made global warming.....if you know what i mean...

Of course he has the right to follow his religious faith.

That's what the 1st Amendment is about. Out here in the country, we have the amish riding their buggies on the road with cars and trucks. Its a hazard, no doubt. But its about their religion, and that's ok with me.
If they are putting other people at risk by being on the highway in buggies then they are in the same category as these other clowns . No rights, including religious rights are absolute. Case in point, if your religion involves animal sacrifice or grave robbing, you can't fucking do it!

Did I say any of that ? Do you have anything else to contribute besides a Straw Man logical fallacy? Try responding to the issues that I raised
I just responded with why the Earth is disposable. When you have such rampant evil as what is going on by the Progs, you fuckers arent going to have to worry about man made global warming.....if you know what i mean...

For the first time I find myself agreeing with Pantera's lyrics to their song Floods. God said it wouldn't happen again . . . not the same way, at least. Nevertheless, I recommend everyone learn how to tread water—for a very long time.

Does he have the right? He's an American, fool. God forbid someone—anyone— dares to disagree with Agenda 21 climate change religion. I have suspected for quite some time you are not an American. This latest post of yours firms up that suspicion. In this post you sound like a shill for the justification of selective authoritarianism . . . the very same brand of oppression your ilk squeals daily about all over Twitter. So let us get this straight, you champion sexual preference freedom conditioning despite its effects on child minds, public displays of faggotry and gay marriage, but you're calling for—in so many words—the forcible censorship of Christians? You have become the thing you claim to hate. See how that works out for you. This is America, fool. America.
That is quite an unhinged rant which totally fails to deal with the points and questions that I raised in any sort of rational or coherent way. Basically it is Gish Gallop

1602880615700.png
1602880636616.png

For the first time I find myself agreeing with Pantera's lyrics to their song Floods. God said it wouldn't happen again . . . not the same way, at least. Nevertheless, I recommend everyone learn how to tread water—for a very long time.

WTF!!
1602880879587.png
1602880903400.png
1602880937462.png

Well, call the PC police, or are you defunding them too?

That could be tricky.

My guess is that Leftists will just start fining people instead of arresting them, then they will take everything you have so they can get rid of the police. As an added bonus, no need to ever raise taxes again.

Remember, taxation cures all our ills.

Well, call the PC police, or are you defunding them too?

That could be tricky.

My guess is that Leftists will just start fining people instead of arresting them, then they will take everything you have so they can get rid of the police. As an added bonus, no need to ever raise taxes again.

Remember, taxation cures all our ills.
What? What the fuck are you blathering about?. The police? Defunding? Try getting on topic if you can.

Forum List

Back