Meet Elizabeth Warren chief of the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Elizabeth Warren's qualifications and competence merit a much closer look. That's a given. But what really bothers me is her overwhelming zeal to head the organization and all the liberal organizations that have come out of the woodwork to back her. This looks like just another big government power-grab from the liberal elite.

Do I understand this right?

frank-dodd fuck up Franny and freddie, then they get a say in who thier boss will be?

Incorrect.

Fannie and Freddie followed the Wall Street herd into fucked-uppery (BEFORE being nationalized btw), and now we're taking measures to make sure it doesn't happen again. :thup:

Bullshit... read on:

In September 2003 the Bush administration launched a measure to bring Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under stricter regulatory control, after a report by outside investigators established that they were not adequately hedging against risks and that Fannie Mae in particular had scandalously mis-stated its accounts. In 2006, it was revealed that Fannie Mae had overstated its earnings — to which its senior executives' bonuses were linked — by a stunning $9.3billion. Between 1998 and 2003, Fannie Mae's executive chairman, Franklin Raines, picked up over $90m in bonuses and stock options.

Yet Barney Frank and his chums blocked all Bush's attempts to put a rein on Raines. During the House Financial Services Committee hearing following Bush's initiative, Frank declared: "The more people exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness [at Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae], the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially." His colleague on the committee, the California Democrat Maxine Walters, said: "There were nearly a dozen hearings where we were trying to fix something that wasn't broke. Mr Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac and particularly at Fannie Mae under the outstanding leadership of Mr Franklin Raines."

Exceprt from The Independent.

Last edited:
I love how keeping people protected from deceptive business practices is "absolving them of personal responsibility".

Elizabeth Warren is brilliant. You should actually try listening to her sometime.
Yeah, you lefty's think all lefty's are "brilliant"........Hell, you have ALL claimed Obama is "brilliant"..........Oh how wrong we now see you ALL have been.

frank-dodd fuck up Franny and freddie, then they get a say in who thier boss will be?

Incorrect.

Fannie and Freddie followed the Wall Street herd into fucked-uppery (BEFORE being nationalized btw), and now we're taking measures to make sure it doesn't happen again. :thup:

That's BS

Franks was supposed to prevent shit like this from happening, and he failed to even warn people, hell that fuck even sadi F and F are fine after Bush raised the alarm. The Senate backed Franks and Bush pussed out.

So Ill ask again

Is that fucking pile of shit Franks having a say in who his new boss is?

JFC.

She sounds like another nitwit who's never even run a lemonade stand.

I can see why Barry would have hired her.

Spot on with the reading skills, a nitwit and she's never been in charge of anything you say?....

"professor at Harvard Law School and the chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), about the importance of transparency in consumer financing, the future of the regulatory system, and what’s good about capitalism."

:eusa_eh:

spot on with pretending definitions don't count and the gov. and bus. are one and the same:rolleyes:
i.e.....you're scared-shitless she'll do well.

That was pretty-much understood, from the start.

:rolleyes:

Spot on with the reading skills, a nitwit and she's never been in charge of anything you say?....

"professor at Harvard Law School and the chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), about the importance of transparency in consumer financing, the future of the regulatory system, and what’s good about capitalism."

spot on with pretending definitions don't count and the gov. and bus. are one and the same:rolleyes:

Your back must be hurting from moving those goal posts.

I was thinkin' it was a little-more like this:

peekaboo.JPG

I love how keeping people protected from deceptive business practices is "absolving them of personal responsibility".

Elizabeth Warren is brilliant. You should actually try listening to her sometime.
Absolutely!

All she's suggesting is....if the "rules" for financial-agreements are up-front, concise & clear, people who default/screw-up will have ZERO EXCUSES for a negative-outcome!

I keep thinking....if it's clear to the 'Baggers they'll STILL have an outside-chance to punish SOMEone, they'll be (at least) marginally-satisfied.

JFC.

Yep. Another nitwit who has no real life experience.

Example: we are just now finding out that TARP money was lent to a bunch of large foreign banks at 0% interest. Why didn't the Oversight Panel uncover this?
How odd you folks never questioned (all) this when BUSHCO was nailin'-it-together.

It's no wonder you're so damned clueless!

You keep askin' the wrong people the wrong questions!!!

282.png

JFC.

Great comprehension skill there Sparky.

Again, she's just another nitwit who's never even run a lemonade stand.
Gee....let's see.....Lil' Dumbya had NUMEROUS CEOs....

......and, HE STILL FUCKED-UP!!!!

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

How's that POSSIBLE????!!!!

:eek:

Last edited:

Incorrect.

Bullshit... read on:

In September 2003 the Bush administration launched a measure to bring Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under stricter regulatory control, after a report by outside investigators established that they were not adequately hedging against risks and that Fannie Mae in particular had scandalously mis-stated its accounts. In 2006, it was revealed that Fannie Mae had overstated its earnings — to which its senior executives' bonuses were linked — by a stunning $9.3billion. Between 1998 and 2003, Fannie Mae's executive chairman, Franklin Raines, picked up over $90m in bonuses and stock options.

Yet Barney Frank and his chums blocked all Bush's attempts to put a rein on Raines. During the House Financial Services Committee hearing following Bush's initiative, Frank declared: "The more people exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness [at Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae], the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially." His colleague on the committee, the California Democrat Maxine Walters, said: "There were nearly a dozen hearings where we were trying to fix something that wasn't broke. Mr Chairman, we do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac and particularly at Fannie Mae under the outstanding leadership of Mr Franklin Raines."

Exceprt from The Independent.

The Independent??

You've got a blog, now?

handjob.gif

JFC.

C'mon RD.. You know you don't have any life experience unless you are a Conservative.

No really.. the attacks continue on another great lady. It doesn't really matter who it is.. If she's in any way Liberal - Unintellegent and no experience.

They did it with Kagan, Sotomayor, Warren.. and they will continue to do it.

Ya know.. you only have experience if you were a half-term governor of a small-ass state and couldn't even handle that.. :cuckoo:.

Forum List

Back