mcmichaels charged with hate crime on the arbery case, new trial coming

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

this is so ridiculous. they are in for life. lets move on. the idiots screwed up because thought he was stealing. not a hate crime. this is just the begining a white person even looks at black persion they get setence for hate crime. this race shit is just reuning our country.

It is fine. Most people think he was targeted because he was black. If they can prove it. They will get Federal time, probably to go along with the state time. It just means a state governor cannot pardon or commute, and they get to walk, scott free of their crime. Other than that, it only really has potential to effect the one that had the possibility of parole. So, it is no loss, just crossing the I(s) and crossing the T(s), so who cares?

There should be no such charge as a "hate crime" as it's based on the social construct of race.
Why not? Is it OK to target people based on race in your book?

It is fine. Most people think he was targeted because he was black. If they can prove it. They will get Federal time, probably to go along with the state time. It just means a state governor cannot pardon or commute, and they get to walk, scott free of their crime. Other than that, it only really has potential to effect the one that had the possibility of parole. So, it is no loss, just crossing the I(s) and crossing the T(s), so who cares?
Waste of time and money tbh.

Seems rather redundant. They are already convicted and jailed, adding hate to the crime is rather silly IMHO. It is not like murder is ever done without hate.

Honestly though, I feel you. While I do think it is a waste of time, I also could not give a rats ass if they are convicted here. Maybe they should not have chased anyone down and murdered them.

Blacks murder and maim white people all the time, but rarely, if ever, get charged with it being a hate crime.
But whites regularly get charged with a hate crimes, for even small offenses.
The reason is the government wants the statistics to show that evil white supremest's are running rampant all over the country and victimizing peaceful innocent black people. ... :cool-45:

this is so ridiculous. they are in for life. lets move on. the idiots screwed up because thought he was stealing. not a hate crime. this is just the begining a white person even looks at black persion they get setence for hate crime. this race shit is just reuning our country.

The fact of the matter is that Travis referred to Arbery as a "ni**er" while Arbery lay dead in the street.

That counts as a bit more than just looking at someone...

Seems rather redundant. They are already convicted and jailed, adding hate to the crime is rather silly IMHO. It is not like murder is ever done without hate.

Honestly though, I feel you. While I do think it is a waste of time, I also could not give a rats ass if they are convicted here. Maybe they should not have chased anyone down and murdered them.

It's not a waste of time if you're one of the defendants.

If they're convicted in a federal court, they would move to a federal prison for the first 30 years of their life sentence. Generally speaking, federal correctional facilities are known to be somewhat nicer and more comfortable than a state facility. Travis and Greg McMichael were both offered plea deals to avoid a trial. Greg agreed and then recanted.

Either way, those scumbags are dying in prison, and that's good enough for me...

They did a bit more than look at him.

I think redundancy is the point, on this one. If this was Tennessee or Ohio or Connecticut it probably would be a wasted of time, but we're talking about a state that is known for previous discriminating Governors and in these times of division, could easily see another, especially if they succeed in limiting the black vote. Most of the time, it is indeed a waste of time and money.

Prove race (thus racism) exists except as a recent social construct.....Hell the term was not even used till 1902. Race has no basis in science, it's just something made-up to shoehorn people into.

We have laws on the books for murder, even varying degrees of murder and to say that the ethnicity of a person who was murdered was the driving force behind the murder is more than a stretch. It simply can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt unless the perp is dumb enough to admit to it.

Blacks murder and maim white people all the time, but rarely, if ever, get charged with it being a hate crime.
The reason is the government wants the statistics to show that evil white supremest's are running rampant all over the country and victimizing peaceful innocent black people. ... :cool-45:
Yes, "innocent"

exactly. they are affraid to charge blacks they will destroy the cities.

Prove race (thus racism) exists except as a recent social construct.....Hell the term was not even used till 1902. Race has no basis in science, it's just something made-up to shoehorn people into.

We have laws on the books for murder, even varying degrees of murder and to say that the ethnicity of a person who was murdered was the driving force behind the murder is more than a stretch. It simply can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt unless the perp is dumb enough to admit to it.
I live in the South. Racism is not a new social construct. It should have been against the law to commit a crime against somebody because of their race, all along. I have no problem with it at the Federal level. At a state level, it is just an addon charge to up the time.

I live in the South. Racism is not a new social construct. It should have been against the law to commit a crime against somebody because of their race, all along. I have no problem with it at the Federal level. At a state level, it is just an addon charge to up the time.
So you have no aversion to add-on charges as long as you can shoehorn it in to fit some made-up social construct? Don't you have murder charges in your part of the South?

IMHO the feds have zero right to come into my state and say.....Oh you did not give Billy Bob enough time so here's a "hate crime" charge. Piss on that noise.....Don't you know rank hustling based on ethnicity when you see it?

It's not ok to target someone for any reason if they are innocent. Race being one of thousands of reasons that its not ok.

But to make something have a stronger sentence because you deem it a "hate crime" which is not even a real thing, is ridiculous.

If I shoot your ass, I didn't do it out of love. So would that make all shootings hate crimes? If not, why not? If I shot you because I hated you but not for a gov't stated reason of race, but just because I hate ugly people, would that make it a hate crime?

The dudes are already doing life without, what more do you want?

Last edited:
So you have no aversion to add-on charges as long as you can shoehorn it in to fit some made-up social construct? Don't you have murder charges in your part of the South?

IMHO the feds have zero right to come into my state and say.....Oh you did not give Billy Bob enough time so here's a "hate crime" charge. Piss on that noise.....Don't you know rank hustling based on ethnicity when you see it?
Sure we have murder charges. They usually do not get enough time, in my opinion and rare the death penalty, even when well deserved. I have no problem with addon charges to up the time they are given.

😄

I love when dumb little cucks, who don't actually understand what race being a social construct means, use it in their arguments in ways that don't make any sense.
Who gives a shit about your opinion? Legally the Feds have every right to bend over and fuck any good ole boy who still thinks it's the 1940s.

It's not ok to target someone for any reason if they are innocent. Race being one of thousands of reasons that its not ok.

But to make something have a stronger sentence because you deem it a "hate crime" which is not even a real thing, is ridiculous.

If I shoot your ass, I didn't do it out of love. So would that make all shootings hate crimes? If not, why not? If I shot you because I hated you but not for a gov't stated reason of race, but just because I hate ugly people, would that make it a hate crime?

The dudes are already doing life without, what more do you want?
There have been hate crime laws since 1968 in one form or another. The one they are being prosecuted under is the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr Hate Crimes Prevention Act, pass by the House, had 45 cosponsor in the Senate and pass. Then it was signed by the President. So, it's a real thing. The law has been challenged twice and upheld twice. For now, it is the law.

I just think they should not be subject to release on the whim of a Georgia Governor, going out of office.

Thats double jeapordy

Forum List

Back