McGregor vs Mayweather game changer!

Mcgregor definitely surprised me, however I think Mayweather could have beaten him easy had he fought his normal fight. One thing this fight proves is boxers have greater stamina than mma guys. Mcgregor should have done more cardio in training prior to the fight.
No, they do not have better stamina. MMA is more of an anaerobic workout, while boxing is more aerobic. Mayweather would gas out badly if you made him grapple for a few minutes. Connors body is dialed in for a different type of workout, hence him tiring out in those later boxing rounds.

Mayweather is a woman beater, he is disgusting, I wouldn't pay a penny to watch him fight.
I gave my buddy $20 but he got the fight before I showed up so does that count?

McGregor did good for 7 rounds. Then he gassed. But good effort. Huge payday for him.

Um, the fight was even going to the tenth round and had McGregor finished the tenth and gotten his second wind, who knows.....?

Yeah but after leading in the first 4 rounds on punches landed, over the last 5 rounds he was getting outlanded 2 to 1. And it was better than 3-1 for Mayweather in the 8th/9th. He couldn't keep his hands up for half the 8th or any of the 9th. It wasn't getting better for him.

That ref stepped in more than I've ever seen in a fight.

Yeah but there was more rabbit punches, back of the head punches than I've seen in a LONG while. I was surprised how many warnings he gave, but never took points. I think the ref failing to do that gave McGregor the ability to keep doing what he was doing.

That ref stepped in more than I've ever seen in a fight.

Yeah but there was more rabbit punches, back of the head punches than I've seen in a LONG while. I was surprised how many warnings he gave, but never took points. I think the ref failing to do that gave McGregor the ability to keep doing what he was doing.

True but be honest, 99% of MCGregor's punches had very little power behind them. I think it was one of two things, Maywether and McGregor set this up a long time ago just to make money and the fight was all a sham and they just made it last as long as it did to make it look more legit, or McGregor knew he wasn't going to knock out Mayweather so he threw so many punches, even though they were not strong punches, in hopes he could win by that on the score card at the end of the fight. I saw a stat that said he landed 40 more punches than Pac.

True but be honest, 99% of MCGregor's punches had very little power behind them. I think it was one of two things, Maywether and McGregor set this up a long time ago just to make money and the fight was all a sham and they just made it last as long as it did to make it look more legit, or McGregor knew he wasn't going to knock out Mayweather so he threw so many punches, even though they were not strong punches, in hopes he could win by that on the score card at the end of the fight. I saw a stat that said he landed 40 more punches than Pac.

Yeah he took the only way he had a chance. Go at Mayweather furiously, know that Mayweather with his hands doesn't have the knockout power, Try and get a lucky shot. Once the bell to the 4th ended, he was done. After that it was save up for a flurry or two and try to not get knocked out for McGregor.

And yes it was more a spectacle than a fight, that's what it was set up to be and what they both wanted.

Well, Mayweather won a TKO in 10 rounds, and McGregor was really hurting, so it is good the fight was stopped.

Pound for pound Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer to have ever stepped in the squared circle, IMO.

But you have to give McGregor his due. He had the class to congratulate Mayweather and he fought his heart out.

Mayweather is just too good.
How well do you think Mayweather would do against a young Roberto Duran?

McGregor was gassed and had nothing at the end.

How well do you think Mayweather would do against a young Roberto Duran?

I think Floyd would fight Roberto in a way similar to his other fights against heavy hitters; play defense till his opponent shows signs of fatigue then go in for the finish.

I dont mean to take anything away from Duran, but Mayweathers defense is just unbreachable. Look at what he did at times to avoid Connor.

upload_2017-9-1_23-18-32.png

Last edited:
I think Floyd would fight Roberto in a way similar to his other fights against heavy hitters; play defense till his opponent shows signs of fatigue then go in for the finish.

I dont mean to take anything away from Duran, but Mayweathers defense is just unbreachable. Look at what he did at times to avoid Connor.

View attachment 147130
There's a big difference between McGregor and Hands of Stone.

Mcgregor definitely surprised me, however I think Mayweather could have beaten him easy had he fought his normal fight. One thing this fight proves is boxers have greater stamina than mma guys. Mcgregor should have done more cardio in training prior to the fight.
No, they do not have better stamina. MMA is more of an anaerobic workout, while boxing is more aerobic. Mayweather would gas out badly if you made him grapple for a few minutes. Connors body is dialed in for a different type of workout, hence him tiring out in those later boxing rounds.
I think part of being experienced in either sport, boxing or MMA. is knowing how to pace one's self. I suspect that in an MMA fight, Mayweather would be quicker to gas than McGregor. Efficiency comes with experience and both sports are exhausting in their own ways.

If they were both in their prime I'd give a slight edge to mayweather
Do you really believe that?

I've seen Duran fight as a lightweight and he was a mother-fucker! Until him, I never seen anyone fight an entire fight literally in someone's face.

I know Duran was a beast, and it may very well be that he was superior to mayweather. I'm not an expert. I'm just saying gun to my head I give the edge to Floyd because of his defense and smarts in the ring.

Forum List

Back