McGregor vs Mayweather game changer!

.... but not at breaking limbs and submissions because many of them are illegal in wrestling ......

Not many, all.
There are a lot of submissions in Catch Wrestling. Its a dying art though. As far as i know, Josh Barnett is the only professional MMA fighter who really uses it anymore. Hes also won elite level submission tournaments with it too. He was the "2009 World No Gi Jiu-Jitsu Championship Black Belt Gold Medalist", for example.

Last edited:
McGregor won't last long at all. It is a huge mismatch and hopefully Mayweather doesn't hurt him.

The NSAC just unanimously voted to approve 8 oz gloves! This will have a bigger impact on the fight than some people might think.

Nevada commission approves 8-ounce gloves for Mayweather vs. McGregor, who is 'very pleased'
This is not such a good thing for mcgregor.
Boxers throw sharper punches than mma fighters. Mcgregor has never been punched as hard as Floyd will punch him. Besides with floyd's defense I doubt mcgregor gets off many shots of his own. I'd be shocked if mcgregor wins a round.

The NSAC just unanimously voted to approve 8 oz gloves! This will have a bigger impact on the fight than some people might think.

Nevada commission approves 8-ounce gloves for Mayweather vs. McGregor, who is 'very pleased'
Boxers throw sharper punches than mma fighters. Mcgregor has never been punched as hard as Floyd will punch him. Besides with floyd's defense I doubt mcgregor gets off many shots of his own. I'd be shocked if mcgregor wins a round.

I'm sure he has been hit hard during his mma career, and mayweather is not a power puncher, but mcgregor still hasn't got a snowball's chance.

I'm sure he has been hit hard during his mma career, and mayweather is not a power puncher, but mcgregor still hasn't got a snowball's chance.

It's not all about power. Precision is also a factor, and no one can deny that boxers are more potent punchers than mma fighters. Even though floyd is not a power puncher and he has bad hands, he's still going to punch mcgregor like he's never been punched before. This fight won't go past three rounds.

It's not all about power. Precision is also a factor, and no one can deny that boxers are more potent punchers than mma fighters. Even though floyd is not a power puncher and he has bad hands, he's still going to punch mcgregor like he's never been punched before. This fight won't go past three rounds.
Smaller gloves make for a smaller shield to protect yourself with. Yes Mayweather can punch Connor even harder now with 8 oz gloves, but Mayweather isnt a power puncher, unlike Connor, so the punching power advantage goes to Connor. Also, if Mayweather punches Connor harder than anyone has ever punched him before, hes going to break his hand, and if he breaks his hand, hes almost certain to lose the fight.

21034350_1912279655688374_7764692280194107439_n.jpg

Rocky Marciano would win. No question whatsoever.
That's why I'm rooting for McGregor. My favorite fighter of all time is the Rock. I can't have Mayweather break his record. Especially, the way Mayweather fights. It's so pussy!

I'd like to see how Mayweather would fight a young Roberto Duran?

Wow, been reading up on this thing for a few days now and I am coming around to McGregor being the best bet, due to the pay off, though I think Mayweather still has to be the favorite.

This fight has upset smell all over it.

Mayweather does not seem to be taking the fight seriously.

Mayweather is giving up nearly 4 pounds at weigh in and it will be probably 7 pounds by the fight.

Mayweather is giving up two inches of reach.

Mayweather does have the experience edge over McGregor, but McGregor is a fanatic, and the two sports are not that dissimilar. MMA fighting usually involves some boxing training as well, so its not like McGregor is from another universe or something.

McGregor is driven to prove himself and MMA to be respectable and all the trash talking by boxing folks about MMA not being up to speed with boxing is likely motivating McGregor even more.

I think McGregor is far mor capable fo getting in a knock out punch than Mayweather, but I doubt it comes to that.

If Mayweather has not been preparing properly and starts running out of gas around round 9, then McGregor wins.

Mayweather has to fight defensively and wear McGregor down. IF he is going out there to try to punch it out with McGregor toe-to-toe, McGregor will kill him.

Wow, been reading up on this thing for a few days now and I am coming around to McGregor being the best bet, due to the pay off, though I think Mayweather still has to be the favorite.

Mayweather is giving up nearly 4 pounds at weigh in and it will be probably 7 pounds by the fight.

Mayweather does have the experience edge over McGregor, but McGregor is a fanatic, and the two sports are not that dissimilar. MMA fighting usually involves some boxing training as well, so its not like McGregor is from another universe or something.

McGregor is driven to prove himself and MMA to be respectable and all the trash talking by boxing folks about MMA not being up to speed with boxing is likely motivating McGregor even more.

I think McGregor is far mor capable fo getting in a knock out punch than Mayweather, but I doubt it comes to that.

If Mayweather has not been preparing properly and starts running out of gas around round 9, then McGregor wins.

Mayweather has to fight defensively and wear McGregor down. IF he is going out there to try to punch it out with McGregor toe-to-toe, McGregor will kill him.
McGregor was also an Irish amateur boxing champion.

:lol:

MacGregor won the first 3 rounds! Dang it I should have bought the fight.
Well, Mayweather won a TKO in 10 rounds, and McGregor was really hurting, so it is good the fight was stopped.

Pound for pound Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer to have ever stepped in the squared circle, IMO.

But you have to give McGregor his due. He had the class to congratulate Mayweather and he fought his heart out.

Mayweather is just too good.

Forum List

Back