Masks Don't Work

Why do surgeons use masks when performing surgery?

Are we all out performing surgery?

The reason for that by the way, is mainly to protect themselves from blood and other fluids squirting out of the body.

No, that's what face shields are for. Masks are to prevent the spread of disease.

Why do doctors and nurses wear face masks while treating COVID patients?

To prevent the spread of disease, you have to change the mask ever hour, when the spit dries out and the spores become individually motile.

Which would explain why many nurses and doctors were forced to reuse the same mask for an entire shift when there were shortages of PPE. (Hint, anything is better than nothing)

And while we may want to protect the vulnerable, we do not want to stop the spread to the young and healthy. It is only the quick spread that achieves herd immunity that can ever end any epidemic.
Never has any epidemic ever been ended by "flattening the curve".

I guess death does end pandemics.

Wrong.
No medical staff ever had to wear masks an entire day.
They get at least 4 breaks a day, and NEVER put the old mask from before break, back on again.
You are totally and completely misinformed.
At worst, used masks are re-sterilized and then reused.
Chemicals or heat can be used.
Covid-19 is trivial to kill just with UV.

You should look into this a little more.

Death is not what stops pandemics, since it can take months for the cytokine storm to actually kill someone.
All it takes to end any pandemic is immunity, and almost everyone recovers from covid-19 with immunity.
What do you think has stopped all pandemics?
Its has NEVER been "flattening the curve".
Not once has that ever succeeded.

You're going to kill millions needlessly if we remove social distancing and mask wearing. "Herd immunity" without a vaccine means more death, not less.

Will leftists accept REAL SCIENCE?

I already know the answer.

This is what REAL science looks like

View attachment 436438
Masks work if you replace it after every use and or wash it and wash your hands each and every time before you touch your face. Since no one does that they are more of a hindrance than help. Hence our cases are spiking.

I know you consider yourself a world expert but I will go for a real expert for now..
Oh and screw you.

By the way you are biassing you information on an article written on April the 1st 2020.... The opinion piece very clearly said at the time the information was inconclusive.

The large organisations that have done research since and stated that cloth masks are considerably better than nothing... I personally use a reuseable N95 mask....
I can find numerous others and none of yours state dirty masks work. Thanks for playing, Cowgirl.
Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC
Your numerous sites aren't using all the information available... But basic logic should tell you using masks work... Masks of course should be cleaned regularly, that is also in the advice.

No need for insults...
Where do your links state that dirty masks work? Still waiting.....

Where did I say don't wash masks, actually said opposite...

Also, the concept of "work' leads to a 1 or 0... it is not like that, masks reduce transmission... Clean ones are better...
And how many do you believe wash and or replace masks? That was my whole point. Less than 1% I would bet. Actually worn or dirty ones are worse than no mask as they trap bacteria.

I do... All my friends and family do... Maybe you should encourage it. I have a 100 disposable in my car, in case...

As for 'trap bacteria'.... For starters it is a virus... But if it was a bacteria, you are right, trap bacteria... You have it and you can't get infected twice, you want to trap it in and give it to others...

Now you are making my point... Thanks
You and your family change / wash your masks every single time. You're the only one I know who does it. Catching it twice is a myth.

I also keep a stash in my car and house and regularly swap out for a new one.
You are one of very few. Not one person I know does this and I don't know you. To me you're just a leftist on the web. Most people use the same mask over and over again and touch their face constantly when they take it on and off. Especially in poorer communities where people cannot afford a new mask every hour. Hence the virus keeps spreading.

Gee, face masks are now a multi billion dollar business in the United States alone but you don't know anyone who keeps a stack handy? Maybe you should go out and meet the world (after the pandemic though).
We keep a stack handy but my kids just use the same ones. I wear gaiters. Every single person I know uses the same ones over and over again. Maybe you should stop being such a coward. I had the virus. I am still here.

I'm not sure how swapping out masks is cowardly, it's what you're supposed to do.

Lots of people had the virus and are still here, most of them actually. However we've also lost close to 400k people.

As for 'trap bacteria'.... For starters it is a virus... But if it was a bacteria, you are right, trap bacteria... You have it and you can't get infected twice, you want to trap it in and give it to others...
If you are touching your face more with a mask you have an ill fitting mask... Get a proper fitting one and you don't need to touch it...

Tip: take your mask off with hand sanitiser on, it stops the virus getting on your hands...
You know even if you have antibodies you can still get COVID and pass it on to others?
You won't even free anything, you will be just running around like Typhoid Mary. She didn't think she was harming anyone either.
Look at the CDC excess deaths and explain them... I have a hospital full of patients as evidence...

All this pseudoscientific nonsense and other ignorance brought to you by the side whose “science” asserts that Bruce Jenner is a woman.

So if masks don't work, you don't care if your doctor or dentist wears a mask when operating on you, to prevent infection. You're good with whatever they're breathing on you.
To that point: annrcse01509-0009.pdf (nih.gov)

View attachment 436438
Masks work if you replace it after every use and or wash it and wash your hands each and every time before you touch your face. Since no one does that they are more of a hindrance than help. Hence our cases are spiking.

I know you consider yourself a world expert but I will go for a real expert for now..
Oh and screw you.

By the way you are biassing you information on an article written on April the 1st 2020.... The opinion piece very clearly said at the time the information was inconclusive.

The large organisations that have done research since and stated that cloth masks are considerably better than nothing... I personally use a reuseable N95 mask....
I can find numerous others and none of yours state dirty masks work. Thanks for playing, Cowgirl.
Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC
Your numerous sites aren't using all the information available... But basic logic should tell you using masks work... Masks of course should be cleaned regularly, that is also in the advice.

No need for insults...

Also, the concept of "work' leads to a 1 or 0... it is not like that, masks reduce transmission... Clean ones are better...
And how many do you believe wash and or replace masks? That was my whole point. Less than 1% I would bet. Actually worn or dirty ones are worse than no mask as they trap bacteria.

I do... All my friends and family do... Maybe you should encourage it. I have a 100 disposable in my car, in case...

You and your family change / wash your masks every single time. You're the only one I know who does it. Catching it twice is a myth.

You are one of very few. Not one person I know does this and I don't know you. To me you're just a leftist on the web. Most people use the same mask over and over again and touch their face constantly when they take it on and off. Especially in poorer communities where people cannot afford a new mask every hour. Hence the virus keeps spreading.

Gee, face masks are now a multi billion dollar business in the United States alone but you don't know anyone who keeps a stack handy? Maybe you should go out and meet the world (after the pandemic though).
We keep a stack handy but my kids just use the same ones. I wear gaiters. Every single person I know uses the same ones over and over again. Maybe you should stop being such a coward. I had the virus. I am still here.

I'm not sure how swapping out masks is cowardly, it's what you're supposed to do.

Lots of people had the virus and are still here, most of them actually. However we've also lost close to 400k people.
You're a coward because you said I should not go outside and mingle. I do it all the time. We would have lost those people anyway. At least 90% of them. They were either very old and or ill to begin with. The virus is spreading still and people are wearing masks. Hmmmm.....the masks are useless unless your hands are sanitized and the mask is clean. Remember the first rule was DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE. Tough to do so when you're repeatedly taking off and putting on a mask.

Are we all out performing surgery?

The reason for that by the way, is mainly to protect themselves from blood and other fluids squirting out of the body.

No, that's what face shields are for. Masks are to prevent the spread of disease.

Why do doctors and nurses wear face masks while treating COVID patients?

To prevent the spread of disease, you have to change the mask ever hour, when the spit dries out and the spores become individually motile.

And while we may want to protect the vulnerable, we do not want to stop the spread to the young and healthy. It is only the quick spread that achieves herd immunity that can ever end any epidemic.
Never has any epidemic ever been ended by "flattening the curve".

Yes we DO want to stop the spread to the young and the healthy, because 20% of them will get REALLY fucking sick, and require tens of thousands of dollars worth of treatment to recover - the costs of which are causing the US economy to collapse. No responsible indiviudal is promoting "herd immunity".

In addition to which, they pass it on to the old and the vulnerable.

WRONG!.
The average young and healthy person does not even know they are infected.
Almost no one needs hospitalization, and the younger you are, the less risk.
Almost all those hospitalized are over 70.

Every responsible or intelligent person is pushing herd immunity because that is ALL there is.
Never has "flattening the curve" ever worked even once.
Quarantine has worked, but it likely is too late for that.

And what is causing the economy to collapse is NOT health care costs, but the bankruptcies and foreclosures from the lock down.

And no they do NOT pass it on to the old and vulnerable, because those are the people you DO isolate and mask.

Hopkins has been proven wrong many times, such as by the Germans.
Hopkins estimated an infection R0 of 4 when it is actually more like 2.
Hopkins estimated a lethality of 10%, when it is actually more like 0.15%.
Hopkins estimated you would need 230 million to acquire immunity through recovery, when clearly over 50% already are inherently immune, so you need more like only 20 million to recover.
Hopkins is wrong because if you only use volunteers under 40, then the risk of death is reduced by over a factor of 40.

It is easy to prove Hopkins is wrong.
The lethality and infectiousness of covid is no greater than any annual illness.
So why the 300 thousand dead?
It is because we have artificially kept the epidemic around for a whole year.
We won't let it end.
We keep it alive and viable by "flattening the curve", which conserves local hosts.

View attachment 436438

Oh and screw you.

Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC

No need for insults...

You're a coward because you said I should not go outside and mingle. I do it all the time. We would have lost those people anyway. At least 90% of them. They were either very old and or ill to begin with. The virus is spreading still and people are wearing masks. Hmmmm.....the masks are useless unless your hands are sanitized and the mask is clean. Remember the first rule was DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE. Tough to do so when you're repeatedly taking off and putting on a mask.

And you got COVID too. I haven't and believe it or not the fewer people who do (regardless of plasma donation) the better.

If you are touching your face more with a mask you have an ill fitting mask... Get a proper fitting one and you don't need to touch it...

Tip: take your mask off with hand sanitiser on, it stops the virus getting on your hands...
You know even if you have antibodies you can still get COVID and pass it on to others?
You won't even free anything, you will be just running around like Typhoid Mary. She didn't think she was harming anyone either.
Look at the CDC excess deaths and explain them... I have a hospital full of patients as evidence...

All this pseudoscientific nonsense and other ignorance brought to you by the side whose “science” asserts that Bruce Jenner is a woman.

So if masks don't work, you don't care if your doctor or dentist wears a mask when operating on you, to prevent infection. You're good with whatever they're breathing on you.

It is likely masks worn by doctors and dentists accomplish nothing at all.
It is just psychological.
They wear them to protect patients from saliva. You're wrong. But not from viruses, there you're correct.

Saliva has a mild disinfectant.
If saliva were so bad, then humans would not kiss and animals would not lick themselves clean.

They wear them to protect patients from saliva. You're wrong. But not from viruses, there you're correct.

If saliva were so bad, then humans would not kiss and animals would not lick themselves clean.

Diseases are spread through saliva.

It is still gross to have someone spray you unwantedly.

View attachment 436438

Oh and screw you.

Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC

No need for insults...

And you got COVID too. I haven't and believe it or not the fewer people who do (regardless of plasma donation) the better.

WRONG!
The more people who deliberately get it and then protect the vulnerable, the better.
What is wrong is to slow down the infection rate, giving the virus more time to spread wider and evolve new and more deadly strains.
The quicker you end an epidemic the better.
Since young people are essentially not at risk, they should be volunteering.

View attachment 436438

Oh and screw you.

Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC

No need for insults...

You've had covid anyway havent you? I'm sure you still have some residual immunity. But you're right. I'm guessing 99% INCLUDING leftist mask cultists do what is necessary to even reduce the risk of covid.

View attachment 436438

Oh and screw you.

Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC

No need for insults...

I got in March 2020. I was in urgent care with my youngest post a basketball game and yes back then it was raging like wildfire. Likely got it there. Look, I am still here! MIRACLE!! LOL

View attachment 436438

Oh and screw you.

Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC

No need for insults...

WRONG!
The more people who deliberately get it and then protect the vulnerable, the better.
What is wrong is to slow down the infection rate, giving the virus more time to spread wider and evolve new and more deadly strains.
Rigby and I never agree but we agree here. The world is ending. He is 100% correct

Diseases are spread by spores, and those travel even better once the saliva dries out.
Saliva kills or inhibits pathogen growth more than it aids it.
When you cough or sneeze, that us mucus, NOT saliva.
You don't know what you are talking about.

View attachment 436438

Oh and screw you.

Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC

No need for insults...

You've had covid anyway havent you? I'm sure you still have some residual immunity. But you're right. I'm guessing 99% INCLUDING leftist mask cultists do what is necessary to even reduce the risk of covid.
I have full immunity. I have the antibodies. Correct. Want to reduce it? Let it run its course and fizzle out.

Diseases are spread by spores, and those travel even better once the saliva dries out.
Saliva kills or inhibits pathogen growth more than it aids it.
When you cough or sneeze, that us mucus, NOT saliva.
You don't know what you are talking about.
Still don't want a dentist sneezing on me. LOL.

Because people talk and spray spit all over the place which has a heavy viral AND BACTERIAL (which are bigger than virus's thusly easier to catch in a mask) LOAD that they don't want sprayed into a patients wound.

View attachment 436438

Oh and screw you.

Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC

No need for insults...

WRONG!

Nobody serious believes this.

Time is not the factor in mutation it's the number of hosts that creates mutations. So, another reason your anti-science views are wrong.

If you don't mind more people dying then yes.

Except for a couple of things. One, since I have shown you that the more people who get COVID the more mutations there will be means COVID could become more deadly and a newer strain could kill younger people at a higher rate.

Secondly, we don't have a clear understanding what long lasting effects those who have had COVID will be dealing with. As they age what sort of ailments will they be dealing with?

View attachment 436438

Oh and screw you.

Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC

No need for insults...

WRONG!

Nobody serious believes this.

Time is not the factor in mutation it's the number of hosts that creates mutations. So, another reason your anti-science views are wrong.

If you don't mind more people dying then yes.

Except for a couple of things. One, since I have shown you that the more people who get COVID the more mutations there will be means COVID could become more deadly and a newer strain could kill younger people.

Secondly, we don't have a clear understanding what long lasting effects those who have had COVID will be dealing with. As they age what sort of ailments will they be dealing with?

Except when you get it you get the antibodies and won't get it again. This isn't the plague. Chill, snowflake. While we don't know we also should not always assume the worst.

View attachment 436438

Oh and screw you.

Difference I am using
  • WHO
  • CDC

No need for insults...

WRONG!
Rigby and I never agree but we agree here. The world is ending. He is 100% correct

I agree, you're both not that bright.

Forum List

Back