Marriage Matters: Consequences of Redefining Marriage

If children did not need a mother and a father, then children who come from these dysfunctional arrangements would not be dysfunctional themselves.

According to Children-our investment.org, homes without fathers ultimately affect children in numerous tragic ways:

* 63 percent of youth suicides are from fatherless homes
* 90 percent of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes
* 85 percent of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
* 80 percent of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes
* 71 percent of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
* 75 percent of all adolescent patients in chemical-abuse centers come from fatherless homes
* 85 percent of all youths in prison come from fatherless homes

Single mothers have just been sooooo good for the country. Don't bat an eye about it.

72 Percent of African-American Children Born to Unwed Mothers

And 100% of the families don't need you shoving your morals down their throats.

Indeed, all they require is a larger share of public funding.

:eusa_hand:

Constructive criticism is not welcome.

If children did not need a mother and a father, then children who come from these dysfunctional arrangements would not be dysfunctional themselves.

According to Children-our investment.org, homes without fathers ultimately affect children in numerous tragic ways:

* 85 percent of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes
* 75 percent of all adolescent patients in chemical-abuse centers come from fatherless homes

Single mothers have just been sooooo good for the country. Don't bat an eye about it.

You only Speak for your own... But currently about 5% of the Population, Homosexuals, are trying to Shove their LACK of Morals down ours.

So Fuck right off. :thup:

:)

peace...

What are the percentages from homes with two parents of the same sex?

I agree, single parenthood is a problem... especially if the man skips out on his responsibilties and the woman has to balance work and child-raising. Putting a roof over their heads means you neglect what is going on under that roof.

From what I have seen and I've seen a lot of two parent same sex households. the children suffer from many of the same dysfunctions as those from single parent households. They might not have the same criminal tendencies, but they have the same social disabilities. A boy raised in a household by two gay men will simply never learn to relate to women. He won't know why, but he will just never have a successful heterosexual relationship and if he is heterosexual, he has a life of misery before him. Successful same sex families are never two parent families. They incorporate and opposite sex surrogate. The biological parent, a grandfather, uncle, good friend, someone who is able and willing to help raise the child.

LOL

Seriously, where do you come up with this?

Did Phyllis Schlafly tell you that?

I agree, single parenthood is a problem... especially if the man skips out on his responsibilties and the woman has to balance work and child-raising. Putting a roof over their heads means you neglect what is going on under that roof.

From what I have seen and I've seen a lot of two parent same sex households. the children suffer from many of the same dysfunctions as those from single parent households. They might not have the same criminal tendencies, but they have the same social disabilities. A boy raised in a household by two gay men will simply never learn to relate to women. He won't know why, but he will just never have a successful heterosexual relationship and if he is heterosexual, he has a life of misery before him. Successful same sex families are never two parent families. They incorporate and opposite sex surrogate. The biological parent, a grandfather, uncle, good friend, someone who is able and willing to help raise the child.

LOL

How can a Gay Man Communicate to a Boy about Dealing with Girls?...

Or Lesbians with Girls about Dealing with Boys?...

peace...

LOL

How can a Gay Man Communicate to a Boy about Dealing with Girls?...

Or Lesbians with Girls about Dealing with Boys?...

peace...

Every situation is different.

How did you learn about dealing with boys?

LOL

Did you have to google Phyllis Schlafly before posting that?

LOL

Did you have to google Phyllis Schlafly before posting that?
I google lots of people before posting, mostly just the get their spelling right.

Whatsamatter? Never hear of Schlafly?

The fact is that kids do not need a mother and a father. If they did, it would be illegal to be a single parent. Instead, single women have babies all the time, and no one bats an eye.

As a person who grew up without a father, i have to disagree.

Children need a father.

Well, maybe YOU needed a father, but not every child does.

Many children grow up fine as children of single moms or with two moms.

I mean fuck, I can just point out that SO MANY CHILDREN don't need a father, because their father sexually abuses them, physically abuses them or is a total nightmare in their household and/or a bad influence.

Same thing with mothers.

Even though I am single, I don't see what the big deal is. What others chose to call their union (whatever it may be composed of) does not have any bearing on the interpersonal relationships of others, in my opinion.
State licensing: Totally unnecessary.

Why should married people, straight or otherwise, get a better tax deal (among other special privileges afforded by the state) than you or I get?

What have YOU done to eliminate state licensing of marriages?

The fact is that kids do not need a mother and a father. If they did, it would be illegal to be a single parent. Instead, single women have babies all the time, and no one bats an eye.

Children need a father.

Many children grow up fine as children of single moms or with two moms.

I mean fuck, I can just point out that SO MANY CHILDREN don't need a father, because their father sexually abuses them, physically abuses them or is a total nightmare in their household and/or a bad influence.

Same thing with mothers.

Plenty of children grow up without eating dinner every night. that doesn't mean we should lobby to outlaw eating dinner. Because many many children do not grow up OK. Ditto with kids without fathers, who are many more times at risk than children with traditional 2 family households.

Children need a father.

True. But then EVERY child needs something different.

Throught the thread there is more than ample evidence that MOST children in households where there are TWO parents are better equipped to be successful adults.

Children need a father.

Throught the thread there is more than ample evidence that MOST children in households where there are TWO parents are better equipped to be successful adults.

I agree, two parents is better than one.

The gender of those parents doesn't matter however. Two moms, two dads. As long as they are loving, responsible parents... that's all it takes.

The gender of those parents doesn't matter however. Two moms, two dads. As long as they are loving, responsible parents... that's all it takes.

Your basing that on??
How stable are most homosexual relationships?

Jury's still out on whether or not queers will be more or less responsible, however, I'm inclined to believe queers will make no worse parents than dwarves, and no better parents than albinos.

Your basing that on??

Studies have demonstrated that homosexual relationships can be incredibly stable.

Why would you think otherwise?

What the FUCK would make you think otherwise?

It's not like traditional marriage relationships are very stable. So many marriages are just disasters that are waiting to happen, and do happen.

Last edited:

Jury's still out on whether or not queers will be more or less responsible, however, I'm inclined to believe queers will make no worse parents than dwarves, and no better parents than albinos.

What the fuck kind of dumbass post is this?

Queers, dwarves and albinos?

Your basing that on??

Studies have demonstrated that homosexual relationships can be incredibly stable.

Why would you think otherwise?

What the FUCK would make you think otherwise?

Studies?

How many queer couples with children were represented?

What the fuck kind of dumbass post is this?

Queers, dwarves and albinos?

It went over your pointed head.

:eusa_hand:

Sorry I left out retards.

Last edited:
Society has an interest in fostering stable families, which means one mother, one father. This is why it is tax advantaged. Studies quoted here look like advocacy literature rather than real research. For those who want gov't out of the marriage business, do you also want gov't out of the divorce, custody, adoption and inheritance business? Because those are all related.
States have the power over the marriage franchise. This is pretty much settled law. The libtards want to rewrite this so they can appeal popular ballot initiatives to gay judges who will be sympathetic to overturningthe rule of law.

Obviously you’re unaware this makes no sense whatsoever.

It is incumbent upon opponents of equal protection rights to justify the state’s interest in denying same-sex couples access to marriage law. In this they have failed.

Although the states are at liberty to compose marriage law as they see fit, they are compelled by the Constitution to allow access to that law by all citizens, regardless their sexual orientation. The doctrine of coverture is present in no state’s marriage law. The marriage law of every state establishes a contract between two equal partners, where gender is irrelevant. Consequently there is no reason why a same-sex couple should not have access to their state’s marriage law.

Your opposition to equal protection rights is thus motivated solely by animus toward same-sex couples, and ignorance of the Constitution and its case law.
I have already stated the state's interest in not allowing same sex couples. Once you open the door to same sex couples then "marriage" is a meaningless concept. No society has long endured without a strong concept of marriage.
I for one welcome government-sanctioned marriage to be a "meaningless" concept.

It's a contract. A piece of paper. The fact that Britney Spears can go down, sign one and then get divorced 3 days later shows that marriage is just a piece of paper.

You only Speak for your own... But currently about 5% of the Population, Homosexuals, are trying to Shove their LACK of Morals down ours.

So Fuck right off. :thup:

peace...

You and that fuckface Rabbi are the ones wanting BIG GUBMINT to interfere with their private decisions to get married. And guess what? It doesn't affect you one bit.

So YOU fuck off!!

Forum List

Back