Marjorie Taylor Greene says we should pull out of NATO

Two Great Wars on their soil... whose fault is it if they didn't prepare for the next one... and again, how is it our responsibility to underwrite their security?

We spend billions on defense, they have national healthcare and universal basic income.

Perhaps if we saved some of the money we are spending to protect other countries that really don't even like us that much... we'd have more money to fix our infrastructure, or incentivize new manufacturing, or improve mental health treatment, or build government housing for the homeless.

But we can't do those things because we have to police a continent that 360 million of us don't lives on.

If they want some cutting edge tech and don't want to invest in their own R&D and manufacturing, I'm sure McDonnell Douglas, Raytheon and BAE will be more than happy to sell them some.

But we are the best, and we aim to stay the best, with or without Europe.

The US should have pulled out of NATO 30 years ago.
Much like we walked away from europe after WWI?

In 1990 we could have done that

But I dont we could have remained aloof from world affairs

NATO's reason for existing ceased to exist in 1991.
The need for national security will never cease to exist

I know there are strong arguments against NATO but as we see russia is still a threat to democracies

Really? Are you kidding me?

Probably because these people struggle to even understand what this would mean for the USA.

They look at statistics without understanding what they mean and think the US is somehow spending more money on NATO than other countries, which totally isn't true.

Really? Are you kidding me?
Trump and the rest of the RINOs like Gazpacho are all Putin's useful idiots, so this really should not come as a surprise.

They remind me so much of the pinkos of the 60s, 70s, and 80s who all bowed down before Russia in supplication out of fear of the paper tiger.

The wars and various problems between European countries has been going on for centuries, with no end in sight.
America got involved in their nonsense three times in the last century, ww1 and ww2 and Kosovo.
Now they are at each others throat again over Ukraine.
It's time to just say, "Your continent, you fix it", and withdraw our troops and shut down all the US military bases.
Typical isolationist bullshit which we last saw with Charles Linbergh's America First party which believed Hitler would go away if we just ignored him.

Rus
The population of the E.U. is 512 million.

The population of Russia is 145 million.

That's a 3 to 1 advantage... PLUS the GDP advantage...if they can't fend off a paper tiger like Russia... They're not trying hard enough.

I mean look at that advantage...without us...

Why are we underwriting their security while they buy natural gas and oil from Russia???

Hell...I could make the argument that us pulling out of NATO would quell Putin's fears and make him less aggressive and more stable.

Right now the balance if power that keeps Russia a first world power is reliance of Western Europe on Russian fuel...and what have we been doing the last 20 years? Destabilizing Iraq, Libya and Syria in an attempt to run pipelines to Europe that bypass Russia and it's proxies.

Then we meddled in Ukraine...instigating a coop against a democratically elected president of Ukraine...in order to keep that president from establishing closer ties with Russia...

Our "helping" is only making things worse IMO.
Russia isn't a first world power. At best it's a second world power, more likely a third world power. Very poor economy, small population, small GDP and now it appears to have a worthless military. As they Somalia with snow. Your "coup" was a legitimate change of government done by the Ukranian people under their laws. They had good reason to not want to be back under Moscow's thumb.

Forum List

Back