Marco Rubio Just Gave a Really Important Speech — But Almost No One Paid Attention

Despite President Obama’s many efforts to reach across party lines,

"Despite President Obama’s many efforts to reach across party lines,"

This is a joke right?

Reached across party lines? Like he did when he crammed the ACA down America's throats and refused to allow the GOP to have any input in to the legislation and not only that, people were not even allowed to read it or look at it.

I have never heard such a thing ever occur with any bill.

It's a secret Bill so you cannot even read it to find out what's in it, until after you vote on it?

WTF?

Liberals provide endless hours of entertainment with their shenanigans and delusions of grandeur.

Marco Rubio gave a speech from the the Senate floor, which he, or some other Republican, should have given eight years ago, immediately after McConnell stated “My number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.”

Despite President Obama’s many efforts to reach across party lines, congressional Republicans stood fast in their opposition to everything Mr. Obama proposed, regardless of the damage it caused average citizens.

Rubio’s speech comes after a presidential campaign where the GOP’s eventual nominee lowered the bar of decency to a point few would have believed possible during the 2012 presidential race. This is after the first four years of disrespect the congressional Republicans showed a sitting President.

“Rubio's speech was a plea for civility in the Senate, a warning that if civilized debate dies in the Senate, it will die in the broader society too.”

But his words are meaningless if the House Republicans refuse to silence the most offensive politician ever to hold office in the United States, let alone be elected president.

Rubio’s entire speech can be heard at the link below. But, given the years the Republicans have ignored the wishes of the majority, Rubio’s words will fall on deaf ears.

Marco Rubio just gave a really important speech — but almost no one paid attention

Rubio is certainly right.

And both ends of the spectrum should pay attention.

Instead, they'll just point the finger at the other, like children in a schoolyard.
It was quite a good speech, and it is about what is fundamentally wrong with the United States. You see examples of it on these boards.
Do you think Americans will change, or will the country continue to to downhill?
I might have voted for that young man if things had been different. It won't hurt him to get a little more experience though.
I might have voted for him against Hillary, but it does not matter.
What is really funny about the whole Trump fiasco is that when things have obviously gone awry, the trump supporters are going to blame everything on liberals, Hillary, and Obama.

Liberals Idea of 'reaching across the isle".

pelosi-obamacare.png

Liberals have no civility.
You are wrong. You obviously do not know any liberals.

You mean the filthy as Libtards that attacked Secretary DeVos today or the ones that were rioting at Berkeley the other day?

How about the pink pussy hat wearers that acted like assholes the day after the inauguration?

How about that Libtard asshole that attacked Sessions on the floor of the Senate a couple of days ago and was told to shut the hell up by the presiding President of the Senate?

portland-riots-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
I'm all for civility but you're asking for submission and surrender. They aren't the same and you wont get that.

Marco Rubio gave a speech from the the Senate floor, which he, or some other Republican, should have given eight years ago, immediately after McConnell stated “My number one priority is making sure president Obama’s a one-term president.”

Despite President Obama’s many efforts to reach across party lines, congressional Republicans stood fast in their opposition to everything Mr. Obama proposed, regardless of the damage it caused average citizens.

Rubio’s speech comes after a presidential campaign where the GOP’s eventual nominee lowered the bar of decency to a point few would have believed possible during the 2012 presidential race. This is after the first four years of disrespect the congressional Republicans showed a sitting President.

“Rubio's speech was a plea for civility in the Senate, a warning that if civilized debate dies in the Senate, it will die in the broader society too.”

But his words are meaningless if the House Republicans refuse to silence the most offensive politician ever to hold office in the United States, let alone be elected president.

Rubio’s entire speech can be heard at the link below. But, given the years the Republicans have ignored the wishes of the majority, Rubio’s words will fall on deaf ears.

Marco Rubio just gave a really important speech — but almost no one paid attention

Btw Rubio was talking to you.

I'm all for civility but you're asking for submission and surrender. They aren't the same and you wont get that.

We are asking for the Libtards to stop being world class assholes.

Of course the butt hurt Left agenda is always to be assholes so maybe it is to be expected.

Forum List

Back