Map Israel

greater_israel.jpg

Selah!

Insha'Allah

No 'if' necessary.

"To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates."
Old book says what? Who wrote that, the Japanese?
Selah!

:blues:
Sláinte!

I have just read a stat that saddens me: The Jewish population in Israel is now down to 74%.

I hope that Israel can find some way to raise that figure.
Bibi is a huge Trumper. Just do like his buddy and lie. Tell them it’s 94%.
As opposed to Bill "Blow Up More Jews" Clinton.
No, that was “get blown by more Jews”.
Could be; hopefully not by Donkey Face AOC.

When Jerusalem was divided that wasn't enough for the Palestinians who played all or none. Fine by me.

I think refugees should take your property and then agree to let you have some of it back.. If you protest, you'll be shot.

I think refugees should take your property and then agree to let you have some of it back..

Take your property? The Ottomans lost. Gave it up.
Doesn't suddenly turn it into Arab properrty. Right?

The Rothschilds of Paris and the Jewish National Fund were buying land here during the Ottoman period and during British Mandate era. Most of the land was owned by Arab Effendis who had land grants from the Sultan. They were willing to sell the worse land. Edmund and Alphonse Rothschild bought malarial swamps where Petach Tikva and Rishon Le Zion are today. Kibbutz Degania was swamp. Ein Gedi was salty soil near the Dead Sea where nothing grew. In 1920 the JNF bought all the Jezreel Valley from the Sursuk clan. I could go on but i think i have given you the basics.

Most of the land was owned by Arab Effendis who had land grants from the Sultan.

Most? How much?

I could go on but i think i have given you the basics.

So you admit, the Ottoman loss didn't make Ottoman land suddenly Arab land. Right?

Right. What i was saying is that Jews legally bought much land. Also the British declared that anyone who had rented from Turkish landlord could declare themselves owners of the land. That included both Jews and Arabs.

Also the British declared that anyone who had rented from Turkish landlord could declare themselves owners of the land.

I don't believe you. Link?
It is complicated. The Ottomans had a land rights/tenure system.

1.1 User’s rights in land and property Building on the categories of tenure rights that were listed by the World Resources Institute in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme [11], this article classifies user’s rights in land and property into the following:
• The right to use the resource;
• The right to profit from use of the resource;
• The right to sell one’s tenure rights to others, permanently or for a limited time;
• The right to pass down these rights to one’s successors;
• The right to protection from illegal expropriation of the resource.

Since this was incompatible with the land ownership system of the "west," during the Mandate period those who possessed the rights to land were being issued deeds.

More info:

If in Syria and Iraq urban notables and tribal shaykhs were able to wrest ownership of land from peasants, in Palestine and Anatolia large estates were created primarily through the sale by the state of wasteland that needed to be reclaimed. The capacity of peasants in parts of Palestine and Anatolia to obtain legal possession of their land suggests that peasants were not automatically unwilling to register their land; it would seem to be the case that in many regions, they were unable to do so.

When Jerusalem was divided that wasn't enough for the Palestinians who played all or none. Fine by me.

I think refugees should take your property and then agree to let you have some of it back.. If you protest, you'll be shot.

I think refugees should take your property and then agree to let you have some of it back..

Take your property? The Ottomans lost. Gave it up.
Doesn't suddenly turn it into Arab properrty. Right?

The Rothschilds of Paris and the Jewish National Fund were buying land here during the Ottoman period and during British Mandate era. Most of the land was owned by Arab Effendis who had land grants from the Sultan. They were willing to sell the worse land. Edmund and Alphonse Rothschild bought malarial swamps where Petach Tikva and Rishon Le Zion are today. Kibbutz Degania was swamp. Ein Gedi was salty soil near the Dead Sea where nothing grew. In 1920 the JNF bought all the Jezreel Valley from the Sursuk clan. I could go on but i think i have given you the basics.

Most of the land was owned by Arab Effendis who had land grants from the Sultan.

Most? How much?

I could go on but i think i have given you the basics.

So you admit, the Ottoman loss didn't make Ottoman land suddenly Arab land. Right?

Right. What i was saying is that Jews legally bought much land. Also the British declared that anyone who had rented from Turkish landlord could declare themselves owners of the land. That included both Jews and Arabs.

Also the British declared that anyone who had rented from Turkish landlord could declare themselves owners of the land.

I don't believe you. Link?
It is complicated. The Ottomans had a land rights/tenure system.

1.1 User’s rights in land and property Building on the categories of tenure rights that were listed by the World Resources Institute in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme [11], this article classifies user’s rights in land and property into the following:
• The right to use the resource;
• The right to profit from use of the resource;
• The right to sell one’s tenure rights to others, permanently or for a limited time;
• The right to pass down these rights to one’s successors;
• The right to protection from illegal expropriation of the resource.

Since this was incompatible with the land ownership system of the "west," during the Mandate period those who possessed the rights to land were being issued deeds.

More info:

If in Syria and Iraq urban notables and tribal shaykhs were able to wrest ownership of land from peasants, in Palestine and Anatolia large estates were created primarily through the sale by the state of wasteland that needed to be reclaimed. The capacity of peasants in parts of Palestine and Anatolia to obtain legal possession of their land suggests that peasants were not automatically unwilling to register their land; it would seem to be the case that in many regions, they were unable to do so.

Thanks for the info.
I already knew that the Arabs owned very little Ottoman land.

https://www.quora.com/profile/Gail-Ellis-2
Gail Ellis
, lives in Israel

Answered 3 years ago · Author has 458 answers and 1.3M answer views

If you read historical documents talking about Palestine such as old travelogues, the British White Papers, the Peel Report, reports to the UN, contemporary news reports from archives etc., you will generally see references to “Palestinian Jews” and “Palestinian Arabs” or to “Jews” and “Arabs” (for short.) What you will not see is references to “Jews” and “Palestinians” (when the two groups are being discussed together) with the term “Palestinian” referring solely to the Arab residents.
For example, UNGA 181 proposed ‘a Jewish state’ and ‘an Arab state’ not ‘a Jewish state’ and ‘a Palestinian state’. [1] .
UNSC 242, passed in 1967, refers to “ territories occupied in the recent conflict” by Israel, not to ‘Occupied Palestinian Territories”[2]

Even the PLO’s original charter refers to “The Palestinian Arab people” - that qualifier being necessary because when the charter was written (in 1964) ‘Palestinian’ was not synonymous with ‘Arab’ (and it renounced any claim to sovereignty over the West Bank and Gaza as well, since those areas were still in Jordanian and Egyptian hands.)[3]
While it is true, as one of the answers below notes, that both Jews and Arabs could be referred to as Palestinians (because both groups became citizens of Mandate for Palestine after 1920) the word ‘Palestinian’ (when used alone without some other context qualifying it) generally referred to Jews.

https://www.quora.com/profile/Gail-Ellis-2
Gail Ellis
, lives in Israel

If you read historical documents talking about Palestine such as old travelogues, the British White Papers, the Peel Report, reports to the UN, contemporary news reports from archives etc., you will generally see references to “Palestinian Jews” and “Palestinian Arabs” or to “Jews” and “Arabs” (for short.) What you will not see is references to “Jews” and “Palestinians” (when the two groups are being discussed together) with the term “Palestinian” referring solely to the Arab residents.
For example, UNGA 181 proposed ‘a Jewish state’ and ‘an Arab state’ not ‘a Jewish state’ and ‘a Palestinian state’. [1] .
UNSC 242, passed in 1967, refers to “ territories occupied in the recent conflict” by Israel, not to ‘Occupied Palestinian Territories”[2]

Even the PLO’s original charter refers to “The Palestinian Arab people” - that qualifier being necessary because when the charter was written (in 1964) ‘Palestinian’ was not synonymous with ‘Arab’ (and it renounced any claim to sovereignty over the West Bank and Gaza as well, since those areas were still in Jordanian and Egyptian hands.)[3]
While it is true, as one of the answers below notes, that both Jews and Arabs could be referred to as Palestinians (because both groups became citizens of Mandate for Palestine after 1920) the word ‘Palestinian’ (when used alone without some other context qualifying it) generally referred to Jews.

They are Palestnian Arabs..They spoke ARABIC. Jewish Palestinians were a tiny minority from 70 AD until 1920. Read the Palestine documents available at Avalon Project, Yale.

Gail Ellis - Quora
Gail Ellis
, lives in Israel

They are Palestnian Arabs..They spoke ARABIC. Jewish Palestinians were a tiny minority from 70 AD until 1920. Read the Palestine documents available at Avalon Project, Yale.

Oh do pipe down.

OK for us non experts, and without having to go through mega threads. Her is the map. So in the west on media all we hear about is
1)Israel
2)Gaza Strip
3)West Bank
4)Golan Heights (won in a war with Syria or Lebanon?)

So where are the fences, walls, secured areas, who has freedom of movement to go where, who is restricted to what, which areas are considered Palestine and which are considered Israel? Where are the so called illegal settlements or new construction going on. When Jews started to go back during after WW1 what part of the map did they go back to? What would you your ID/Passport say on it it it based on where you live in this map?
map2-715x900.jpg
Perhaps the easiest way for those with power lust to get the young to kill and die for them is religion. Constant killing in the name of God here but no one thinks they arer desecrating holy land with that blood?

OK for us non experts, and without having to go through mega threads. Her is the map. So in the west on media all we hear about is
1)Israel
2)Gaza Strip
3)West Bank
4)Golan Heights (won in a war with Syria or Lebanon?)

So where are the fences, walls, secured areas, who has freedom of movement to go where, who is restricted to what, which areas are considered Palestine and which are considered Israel? Where are the so called illegal settlements or new construction going on. When Jews started to go back during after WW1 what part of the map did they go back to? What would you your ID/Passport say on it it it based on where you live in this map?
map2-715x900.jpg
Perhaps the easiest way for those with power lust to get the young to kill and die for them is religion. Constant killing in the name of God here but no one thinks they arer desecrating holy land with that blood?

Not so.

Everyone with citizenship in the British Mandate for Palestine were called Palestinians. This includes Jews, Druze, Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Bah’ai, etc.

Most of the Jewish terror gangs were established between 1920 and 1925.

I’m not interested

Do you have a source for that flag picture and perhaps a date? Who decided the minority could put a Star of David on a flag of Palestine?

In 1870 Jews were about 6% of the population.
Ask the British Mandatory powers.

I have many stamps and coins from that era, with Eretz Israel and the Star of David engraved on them.

Everyone with citizenship in the British Mandate for Palestine were called Palestinians. This includes Jews, Druze, Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Bah’ai, etc.

I’m not interested

Do you have a source for that flag picture and perhaps a date? Who decided the minority could put a Star of David on a flag of Palestine?

I have many stamps and coins from that era, with Eretz Israel and the Star of David engraved on them.

What years?

They used Ottoman and Egyptian currency.

Palestine pound - Wikipedia

Jan 09, 2006 · History. Until 1918, Palestine was an integral part of the Ottoman Empire and therefore used its currency, the Ottoman lira.During 1917 and 1918, Palestine was occupied by the British army, who set up a military administration.The official currency …

Estimated Reading Time: 8 mins

I’m not interested

What years?

They used Ottoman and Egyptian currency.

Palestine pound - Wikipedia

Jan 09, 2006 · History. Until 1918, Palestine was an integral part of the Ottoman Empire and therefore used its currency, the Ottoman lira.During 1917 and 1918, Palestine was occupied by the British army, who set up a military administration.The official currency …

Estimated Reading Time: 8 mins

Has it not yet dawned on you, that I’m not the slightest bit interested in anything you have to say?

Given that it’s a relentless repetitive diatribe against Israel.

You’re like a dog with a meatless bone.

Forum List

Back