Manhattan DA convenes "special" grand jury in Trump criminal probe

Prosecutors in New York have convened a grand jury to hear evidence against President Donald Trump and potentially decide whether he will face charges, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Trump and his businesses, including top executives, have been under investigation in the state for more than two years. Jurors were convened “recently,” the paper said, citing two people familiar with the probe, and will be expected to sit three days a week for three months.

This story is developing...

Prosecutors Convene Grand Jury To Weigh Potential Trump Charges

Sounds like things are heating up.
A special one that will help the DA invent a crime?:auiqs.jpg:
Everyone with half a brain knows what the crimes are. You should pay more attention and stop making excuses!!

Then it should be easy for you to list, oh, let's say six of them.

Go ahead...
Tax evasion, over and undervaluing assets, insurance fraud, bank fraud, real estate fraud, securities fraud and probable money laundering.

Hmmm... Okay, yeah, that's what I thought.

See, by saying "probable money laundering" you tip your hand to show that you don't have a fucking clue. I can't find a single instance where someone was prosecuted even unsuccessfully, for "probable money laundering".

If there are crimes, those crimes have criminal codes. What are those? There are several layers of insurance fraud, for example. Which one is Trump being charged with? What are the criminal codes?

Or, simply admit that those are so-called crimes you hope he's charged with, and that you actually have no clue what charges, if any, Trump might face.

Also, and this is just for fun: If evidence is found that Trump committed a crime, but the statute of limitations has expired for that crime, what do you think should happen?
NONE of Donnie’s crimes currently investigated by year’s end resulting in indictments will be past statute.
Do enjoy the festivities :D
The Communists will.

Prosecutors in New York have convened a grand jury to hear evidence against President Donald Trump and potentially decide whether he will face charges, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Trump and his businesses, including top executives, have been under investigation in the state for more than two years. Jurors were convened “recently,” the paper said, citing two people familiar with the probe, and will be expected to sit three days a week for three months.

Everyone with half a brain knows what the crimes are. You should pay more attention and stop making excuses!!

Go ahead...
Tax evasion, over and undervaluing assets, insurance fraud, bank fraud, real estate fraud, securities fraud and probable money laundering.

See, by saying "probable money laundering" you tip your hand to show that you don't have a fucking clue. I can't find a single instance where someone was prosecuted even unsuccessfully, for "probable money laundering".

If there are crimes, those crimes have criminal codes. What are those? There are several layers of insurance fraud, for example. Which one is Trump being charged with? What are the criminal codes?

Or, simply admit that those are so-called crimes you hope he's charged with, and that you actually have no clue what charges, if any, Trump might face.

Also, and this is just for fun: If evidence is found that Trump committed a crime, but the statute of limitations has expired for that crime, what do you think should happen?
NONE of Donnie’s crimes currently investigated by year’s end resulting in indictments will be past statute.
The Communists will.
If I’m a commie (stupid) then festivities?
Yes!!
Perhaps you’ll entertain us with a table dance?

Go ahead...

The Communists will.
If I’m a commie (stupid) then festivities?
Yes!!
Perhaps you’ll entertain us with a table dance?
You are supporting what Communists do. That makes you a Communist. Period.

Go ahead...

Well, then perhaps you're intelligent enough to explain which crimes those were and when they were committed.

Or perhaps you're not...

Grand Juries can indict a ham sandwich. LOL
The first charge will be the fact that trump kept two books. One was for paying taxes and the other was for getting loans on his properties. That is the civil part of the case. But there is a criminal side. That will be the zinger....

Keeping two sets of books is not uncommon.

You have to meet certain regulatory requirements in one set. That is spelled out.

The other set is likely more germane to the actual business.
So you're saying that purposely under-valuing property for tax treatment and purposely over-valuing the same property for insurance underwriting is legal?

Is that what you're saying?

I have no idea what was on his books.

I WAS saying that it isn't uncommon for businesses to keep two sets of books.

Try reading.
I did. Which I why I reacted to the ignorant post.

By making up Red Herrings ?

Got it.

Go ahead...
That's why when I hear speculation about whether or not Trump or the Trump organization, or some of the employees of the Trump organization may be charged with a crime, my immediate reaction is that Trump and his organization are likely looking at multiple charges over a period of years including conspiracy charges and a RICO charge thrown in for good measure.

CNN's Kate Bolduan just reported the following: Prosecutors investigating Trump tell witness to prepare for grand jury testimony, signaling probe is in advanced stage. Some Trump advisers see an indictment as inevitable. Adviser says Trump is "terrified".

Last edited:
CNN: Prosecutors investigating Trump tell witness to prepare for grand jury testimony, signaling probe is in advanced stage. Some Trump advisers see an indictment as inevitable. Adviser says Trump is "terrified".
CNN?

Trump is reportedly "terrified".
-----------------------------------------------------------

As a mildly committed skeptical optimists....I would demur on poster Lakhota's report.

I don't think 'terrified'.

Rather, I'd suggest the Don Trump is elated and welcomes this opportunity to finally clear the air and end this "witch hunt".

For him to object or be 'terrified' ...... signals some acknowledgment of guilt. I don't think he wants to signal any guilt whatsoever.

And knowing Don Trump as we all do on this venue, well, here is a gold-ribbon chance to get before the Grand Jury and explain all the good he did for America. And how he overcame a skeptical press. The 'Squad'. The Swamp and the Deep State and Michael Cohen and Bob Mueller.

It is a star-turn for him. A showcase. He can adequately explain himself.

Don Trump will enthusiastically embrace this seldom offered opportunity to explain how he ran his business at the stable genius level.

So, would I predict he will willingly grab this public relations opportunity to finally convince folks that he is truthful, not a con, not a tax cheat, an all around honest man?

Trump is reportedly "terrified".
-----------------------------------------------------------

As a mildly committed skeptical optimists....I would demur on poster Lakhota's report.

I don't think 'terrified'.

Rather, I'd suggest the Don Trump is elated and welcomes this opportunity to finally clear the air and end this "witch hunt".

For him to object or be 'terrified' ...... signals some acknowledgment of guilt. I don't think he wants to signal any guilt whatsoever.

And knowing Don Trump as we all do on this venue, well, here is a gold-ribbon chance to get before the Grand Jury and explain all the good he did for America. And how he overcame a skeptical press. The 'Squad'. The Swamp and the Deep State and Michael Cohen and Bob Mueller.

It is a star-turn for him. A showcase. He can adequately explain himself.

Don Trump will enthusiastically embrace this seldom offered opportunity to explain how he ran his business at the stable genius level.

So, would I predict he will willingly grab this public relations opportunity to finally convince folks that he is truthful, not a con, not a tax cheat, an all around honest man?

Are you a Trump adviser? Did CNN talk to you?

Last edited:
"Are you a Trump adviser?"

If I was, I would advise him to run to the Grand Jury and beg them to hear his story of struggle against over-whelming odds. To explain the challenges of the tax-code, the fickleness of lenders and insurers, and how through his native wit and boldness he was able to meet those challenges and pay a huge tax burden incurred due to his success in business.

That's the Don Trump that some people think exists.
So why not satisfy that belief?

ps....and given his native wit and stable geniusness, well, he don' need no stinkin' lawyer to hold his hand. He can handle these Deep Staters all by himself.

Anyway, that's how I would advise Don Trump.

The first charge will be the fact that trump kept two books. One was for paying taxes and the other was for getting loans on his properties. That is the civil part of the case. But there is a criminal side. That will be the zinger....

You have to meet certain regulatory requirements in one set. That is spelled out.

So you're saying that purposely under-valuing property for tax treatment and purposely over-valuing the same property for insurance underwriting is legal?

Try reading.
I did. Which I why I reacted to the ignorant post.
Please tell the Grand Jury it "isn't uncommon for businesses to keep two sets of books."

Try reading.

Wrong again....
I guess you didn't read the posts that say it isn't legal.

And there is a difference between bookkeeping and property valuation.

My 35 or so business financial clients would agree with me.

I know you have to defend the man you adore. But arrogant ignorance isn't the way to do it.
This is as good a time as any to remind people about what kind of man Trump really is. He's the kind of man who would hold a televised fund raiser for Veterans in Iowa while running for president in January of 2016 and then stiff them. Trump said that the funds would be distributed to charities, but that's not what happened because $2.82 Million dollars of the funds were improperly used by the Trump campaign, and the funds were distributed by his campaign staff and not the Foundation. How does that happen without Trump knowing about it since it's his Foundation?

After the judgement, that money finally did go to charities, and the Trump Foundation had to pay a $2 Million fine. Ultimately, the State of NY forced Trump Foundation to be dissolved.

Whatever else may have been true at the time, the entire episode showed everyone how little respect Trump had for Veterans, charities, contributors, supporters, and pretty much anyone else because, as far as Trump was concerned, they were little more than suckers to be used by him to achieve his goals of attaining power.

As a reminder, this 2016 case was filed by the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James, and five years later she's directly involved in pursuing the criminal case against the Trump Organization simply because she couldn't do it while Trump was president. But she knows that Trump has no respect for the law, so she had to bide her time until he was out of office. However, that didn't stop her office from investigating the Trump Organization.

The groundwork has been laid, and now comes the heavy lifting part, but I bet they've got their ducks all in a row.

Last edited:

57eec510e1c11.image.jpg

Cy Vance wouldnt bother if there was nothing.
Nope, federal indictments only occur when they believe they have an open & shut case.
That’s why 95% of them result in a conviction.
As for your “nothingburger” -
Looks delicious! :eek2yum:

Cool... Can Trump run from prison?

57eec510e1c11.image.jpg

Cy Vance wouldnt bother if there was nothing.
Nope, federal indictments only occur when they believe they have an open & shut case.
That’s why 95% of them result in a conviction.
As for your “nothingburger” -
Looks delicious! :eek2yum:

Sure why not? Could work for his pal Matty as well! :lol:

1622076135183.jpeg

Trump can afford the best lawyers. They can charge him with whatever they want, they won't be able to convict him.

Trump can't hire the best lawyers.. He's always been a nightmare client.. He doesn't listen and he doesn't pay his bills. He thinks he knows more than his lawyers. No top tier law firm will touch him.. Been that way for decades.

Trump can afford the best lawyers. They can charge him with whatever they want, they won't be able to convict him.

Trump can't hire the best lawyers.. He's always been a nightmare client.. He doesn't listen and he doesn't pay his bills. He thinks he knows more than his lawyers. No top tier law firm will touch him.. Been that way for decades.
Hell, Donnie was out of lawyers a year ago.
Following his insurrection he likely lost everyone but Crazy Rudy, Lin Wood and (not a lawyer) MrPillow :lol:

Has Trump realized yet that the worst decision he has ever made was running for president - and winning?

Forum List

Back