If the gop can actually say yes to 1trillion and not raise ANY taxes or appropriate more money, Biden should say yes

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Even if it means dropping most of the "human infrastructure" which was imo bs anyway

“We are anxious to have a bipartisan agreement,” Capito told reporters on Capitol Hill.

A GOP aide who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the private talks said the price tag would be $1 trillion over eight years, paid for by tapping funds that have been allocated as part of COVID-19 relief but not yet spent. The aide said about $700 billion remains in unspent virus aid.

Even if it means dropping most of the "human infrastructure" which was imo bs anyway

“We are anxious to have a bipartisan agreement,” Capito told reporters on Capitol Hill.

A GOP aide who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the private talks said the price tag would be $1 trillion over eight years, paid for by tapping funds that have been allocated as part of COVID-19 relief but not yet spent. The aide said about $700 billion remains in unspent virus aid.
You know taxes are going up if Biden has his way!

Taxes went up when Joe undid Trump's tax cut....I think that was on day one....

Time will tell. To the Democrats, it's a pissing contest.

the 2017 mcconnell trump tax cuts are unchanged, and the gop says 700 billion remains unspent from covid money appropriated see the link

Hey! I was gonna ask for the left over Covid-19 monies for my infrastructure(s). We shall see what the response is by the end of the week if not sooner. The debt ceiling is approaching and that must be dealt with before summers end.

There's so much fiat floating around. Go to the grocery or go buy a piece of plywood. Oh yeah, this summer's gonna be one for the books as everyone goes out on vacation spending their govtbucks creating a sugar high so massive that the crash will be epic.
Plywood has been high for twenty years in my book.

Which would take both houses of Congress to approve...meaning..it didn't happen. :)
Wake up!

And the dems may still use reconcillition for a pure tax bill one more time in 2021. The gop says Biden doesn't have 50 votes in the Senate for his proposed tax hike though. But that's a seperate issue from what the gop proposes here

There's so much fiat floating around. Go to the grocery or go buy a piece of plywood. Oh yeah, this summer's gonna be one for the books as everyone goes out on vacation spending their govtbucks creating a sugar high so massive that the crash will be epic.

I paid about 15 bucks two years ago. Now, its 52 bucks.

Only for +$400k earners like us.

We're already running a 4+% inflation rate....That not enough for you?
Right on. An Xbox X is selling at Walmart website for $900+ Oh wait. It’s scarcity of product. Just like every other price raise.

I paid about 15 bucks two years ago. Now, its 52 bucks.
Yeah, it's like when the turdnato hit Joplin the prices went through through roof, and we had to fix that one also.

re inflation: infrastructure spending is not like what Biden and the gop did with direct stimulus to stem the pandemic losses. We do seem to have more demand now that supply. But the stimulus is ending.

Infrastructure spending happens over years. The gop proposes 8. Roads and bridges take time, and increase econ efficiency and lower transp costs.

Forum List

Back