Mandated defense cuts could lead to war, top US military official says

The battle is now on to pass a budget before January which will replace the sequestration bill. Which means one will probably be passed at midnight December 31, if the past is prologue.

:meow:

Dempsey and Pannetta are just a couple of many more sacred cows to come which will be brought to the House floor to moo for the peanut gallery. Anyone have any guesses which cow will represent the top marginal income tax bracket whose Bush tax cut will also expire in January? Any guesses what cow will represent welfare mothers everywhere?

This is a circus. Grab some popcorn.

I'm really having doubts the Bush tax cuts will ever sunset. They are already framing that as a "Tax Increase".

And last time around..Obama choked.

I agree

Republicans will play brinkmanship again and Obama will cave

He always does

Well I hope he gets a little more out of the deal. He's got a very powerful hand. Cuts to the military are going to have a huge impact on the districts many of those Representatives come from. And if they don't advocate for that..they are going to lose their jobs.

If I was President, I'd cut that god-damn defense budget in half! We don't need to be spending a fucking trillion dollars a year on god-damn defense, when our economy is in the shape it's in now.

And what does having over 800 military bases all around the world have to do with defense anyway? How does our military, protect this country, when they're not physically in the country they're defending? Why should the Pentagon take 1/3 of every US taxpayer dollar every year? And finally, why do all these tea baggers who say they're upset over un-necessary government spending, say nothing about cutting defense spending?

Perhaps if you served in the military, you'd have some appreciation for it. Defense cuts include cutting base pay and other benefits from our brave men and women and their families. It also results in equipment not being repaired, buying substandard - lowest bid - parts, ships rot at piers, morale declines, etc. etc. etc. I experienced it under Carter and then under Clinton when I served. Democrats always target the military.

Why don't you fucking enlist and see for yourself, asswipe.

What Navy were you in asshole? I can remember watching good, healthy food being tossed off the fantail after ever meal; three times a day for weeks and week and weeks.

I'm really having doubts the Bush tax cuts will ever sunset. They are already framing that as a "Tax Increase".

And last time around..Obama choked.

I agree

He always does

Well I hope he gets a little more out of the deal. He's got a very powerful hand. Cuts to the military are going to have a huge impact on the districts many of those Representatives come from. And if they don't advocate for that..they are going to lose their jobs.

He is going to cave, yes, I think, on another extension in order to get a boat load from the GOP. I think he will make rock solid cuts in defense as part of an extension in the cuts, and I think the great majority of America will go along.

I agree

He always does

He is going to cave, yes, I think, on another extension in order to get a boat load from the GOP. I think he will make rock solid cuts in defense as part of an extension in the cuts, and I think the great majority of America will go along.

You know..I like ya Jake..but why would you think he'd even be in a position to cave if you are supporting Romney?

:tongue:

If I was President, I'd cut that god-damn defense budget in half! We don't need to be spending a fucking trillion dollars a year on god-damn defense, when our economy is in the shape it's in now.

And what does having over 800 military bases all around the world have to do with defense anyway? How does our military, protect this country, when they're not physically in the country they're defending? Why should the Pentagon take 1/3 of every US taxpayer dollar every year? And finally, why do all these tea baggers who say they're upset over un-necessary government spending, say nothing about cutting defense spending?

Perhaps if you served in the military, you'd have some appreciation for it. Defense cuts include cutting base pay and other benefits from our brave men and women and their families. It also results in equipment not being repaired, buying substandard - lowest bid - parts, ships rot at piers, morale declines, etc. etc. etc. I experienced it under Carter and then under Clinton when I served. Democrats always target the military.

Why don't you fucking enlist and see for yourself, asswipe.

What Navy were you in asshole? I can remember watching good, healthy food being tossed off the fantail after ever meal; three times a day for weeks and week and weeks.

Warrior102 is talking out of his butt again. The cuts will come in downsizing forces and eliminating programs and bases. Not in the quality of pay and benefits.

What a dooshwarrior.

Everyone knows China needs the strongest military in the world so they can protect their interests here.

You know..I like ya Jake..but why would you think he'd even be in a position to cave if you are supporting Romney?

Cause he did last time in the lame duck. He got almost everything he had wanted for a year, and Boehner and McConnell gave him the keys to the kingdom. I want solid defense cuts, effective reform in SS, and medicare expanded. I am one of the few right thinking Republicans on this Board.

And I like you, too, even if you are often wrong. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Cause he did last time in the lame duck. He got almost everything he had wanted for a year, and Boehner and McConnell gave him the keys to the kingdom.

You're kidding.

He essentially got nothing. UE extention was almost a given..because of the shape of the economy.

Obama choked because of the election. And he thought playing nice with Tea Partiers was going to win them over.

It was a grievous mis-calculation.

Cause he did last time in the lame duck. He got almost everything he had wanted for a year, and Boehner and McConnell gave him the keys to the kingdom.

You're kidding.

He essentially got nothing. UE extention was almost a given..because of the shape of the economy.

Obama choked because of the election. And he thought playing nice with Tea Partiers was going to win them over.

Nonsense. Go back to the last lame duck, and tell us what he did not get. Then tell us what he did get. You are being very forgetful, very political.

If Meat does get elected, he will have to cut the budget. Making cuts and refinancing is what he did, at Bain. Obama will have to do that, if he gets re-elected.

There is no value, in the economy. Anybody who says we return to manufacturing, neatly, is an asshole, with no real business knowledge, at all.

Our real estate is way inflated, still, after years of drug and sundry wars, with no border security, so illegal immigration was another forcing factor, driving up real estate. Along comes former CIA client UBL, the FBI and CIA do a false flag op, letting UBL's people do what they did, without sharing information, so now we have a DHS and recent wars against CIA clients Saddam and UBL.

Oops, now the wars include shutting down the Mexican border, the economy was bloated, so manufacturers had to bear costs of tons of pigs, protecting us against drugs and UBL, since Saddam had no WMDs and we weren't protected against GW's or the lies of thousands of attorneys, IN OUR COST STRUCTURE, right now.

If any of you think a solution exists, to competition with China, it is to immediately tariff the crap out of China, close our borders all the way, and get called, for the couple of trillion $$ US debt China holds and still more, held by Russia, Japan, and other nations. The usual Meat-method of cut and refinance is chickenshit, which will not really solve how prison industry egregiously holds 25% of the world's prisoners, in a country, with 5% of the world's population.

We need to cut lawyers, drug cops, and yes, military personnel and contractors. When Americans are all smart enough to understand global climate change is happening faster, than during the PETM extinction AND how we are NOT a petroleum exporter AND we need CO2-neutral biomass, including hemp, THEN we can manufacture.

Get a favorable cost structure, let the people with BRAINS duck the zombies, THEN manufacture. And if we cut aid to punks like Israel, Bahrain, and Taiwan, we won't get in wars, we don't want.

Last edited:
If Meat does get elected, he will have to cut the budget. Making cuts and refinancing is what he did, at Bain. Obama will have to do that, if he gets re-elected.

There is no value, in the economy. Anybody who says we return to manufacturing, neatly, is an asshole, with no real business knowledge, at all.

Our real estate is way inflated, still, after years of drug and sundry wars, with no border security, so illegal immigration was another forcing factor, driving up real estate. Along comes former CIA client UBL, the FBI and CIA do a false flag op, letting UBL's people do what they did, without sharing information, so now we have a DHS and recent wars against CIA clients Saddam and UBL.

Oops, now the wars include shutting down the Mexican border, the economy was bloated, so manufacturers had to bear costs of tons of pigs, protecting us against drugs and UBL, since Saddam had no WMDs and we weren't protected against GW's or the lies of thousands of attorneys, IN OUR COST STRUCTURE, right now.

If any of you think a solution exists, to competition with China, it is to immediately tariff the crap out of China, close our borders all the way, and get called, for the couple of trillion $$ US debt China holds and stil more, held by Russia, Japan, and other nations. The usual Meat-method of cut and refinance is chickenshit, which will not really solve how prison industry egregiously holds 25% of the world's prisoners, in a country, with 5% of the world's population.

We need to cut lawyers, drug cops, and yes, military personnel and contractors. When Americans are all smart enough to understand global climate change and how we are NOT a petroleum exporter, AND we need CO2-neutral biomass, including hemp, THEN we can manufacture.

Get a favorable cost structure, let the people with BRAINS duck the zombies, THEN manufacture. And if we cut aid to punks like Israel, Bahrain, and Taiwan, we won't get in wars, we don't want.

So, you decided to go all-in and be COMPLETELY stupid, huh?

You're kidding.

Nonsense. Go back to the last lame duck, and tell us what he did not get. Then tell us what he did get. You are being very forgetful, very political.

What are you talking about, exactly?

Obama got an extension on Unemployment benefits and to keep the payroll tax cut.

Those were things that probably would have passed anyway.

I seriously think Obama should have stood his ground.

He's probably going to cave again..but it would be great if he put Simpson Bowles on the table.

That would be a game changer.

You're kidding.

What are you talking about, exactly? Obama got an extension on Unemployment benefits and to keep the payroll tax cut. Those were things that probably would have passed anyway. I seriously think Obama should have stood his ground. He's probably going to cave again..but it would be great if he put Simpson Bowles on the table. That would be a game changer.

Why won't you tell us what he did get?

Yes, S-B would be wonderful and the American people will support it.

Most of the liberals seem to like young Jake:eusa_whistle:

Ok cut defense because the economy is a mess and the country is in so much debt. I dont have a problem with that but will we get to see cuts in the other social programs of 50% also or does that not count because it will hurt democrats in Nov.?

Most of the liberals seem to like young Jake:eusa_whistle:

And so many of the center and the right here as well. :lol:

The point is, almost everyone from far right to far left know you are full of crappe, Jroc? :lol: Tis what tis, son.

Everyone knows China needs the strongest military in the world so they can protect their interests here.

China is far from the strongest military in the world and the military they have us needed to keep 1.5billion people in line

Forum List

Back