Nursing homes: Vax all employees or lose federal funding!

At least they will have staff unlike the places that have a vaccine mandate. How would the population be safer with a very depleted medical workforce?
How would the population be safer with an infected and dying workforce?

No different than any other employment requirement.
Comply or work elsewhere.
AND
Since every place is complying then those who chose no need to practice...

"Welcome to Wal Mart."

Nice try. I said when people cannot do the job they should be fired. They should not be fired for their right to choose.
Wasn't what you said
AND
Since those who choose no cannot do the job
Your recommendation still stands.
Fire them.

You want a safer population keep the criminals in jail. If you only live for security without freedom, you got a problem.
Your post is utter nonsense.

How do criminals spread covid?
and
Without security there is no freedom.
With security all the businesses reopen
People go back to work
People go to movies and restaurants...
Without? See 2020 for reference.

How would the population be safer with an infected and dying workforce?

No different than any other employment requirement.
Comply or work elsewhere.
AND
Since every place is complying then those who chose no need to practice...

"Welcome to Wal Mart."

My cousin who works at a nursing home caught covid before the vaccines came out. Like most people, she was a little run down, had a headache for a while and returned back to work two weeks later.

I have no idea where you get this notion that catching covid is a death sentence or guaranteeing you will be strapped to a ventilator for three months. It's pure stupidity to assume if you deplete your workforce in a medical facility by 30% or more, everybody will benefit from it.

My cousin who works at a nursing home caught covid before the vaccines came out. Like most people, she was a little run down, had a headache for a while and returned back to work two weeks later.

I have no idea where you get this notion that catching covid is a death sentence or guaranteeing you will be strapped to a ventilator for three months. It's pure stupidity to assume if you deplete your workforce in a medical facility by 30% or more, everybody will benefit from it.
Not everyone.
Just the people not made sick by fools who won't act with good sense.
These people are willing to risk the lives of themselves, their families, and complete strangers to "prove" a political point.
These are NOT the people we want caring for the infirmed in any case.

Not everyone.
Just the people not made sick by fools who won't act with good sense.
These people are willing to risk the lives of themselves, their families, and complete strangers to "prove" a political point.
These are NOT the people we want caring for the infirmed in any case.

Nobody is refusing the vaccines for any political point. They are refusing the vaccines because they have not undergone the usual scrutiny that all other vaccines went through before being passed out to the public. We have no idea what the long term affects could be, how long these could last, who and who they are not safe for, any long term effect on children who's mother took the vaccine while impregnated with them. We just don't know.

One of my tests on my annual blood work came out high this past spring. This was a week after my first shot. I asked the doctor if it had anything to do with the vaccine? She shrugged her shoulders and said "it could!" How would she know? Not nearly enough research on it for her to know. She told me to take another test over a month later which I did. It was two weeks after my second shot, and it was way high.

I never had problems with this test before until I got the vaccine. So why now? And this is the only reason people are hesitant to take the vaccine.

It's a lie? Okay, prove it.
WHAT?

You need proof?

YOU ARE THE PROOF.

BUT

"The recent rash of entreaties from Republican leaders encouraging the vaccines, which largely took place after the PRRI poll was conducted, could also have an effect. A recent study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America found vaccine endorsements from Republican Party “elites”—in this case, former President Donald Trump—made unvaccinated Republicans 5.7% more likely to signal their intention to get vaccinated ..."

"The recent rash of entreaties from Republican leaders encouraging the vaccines, which largely took place after the PRRI poll was conducted, could also have an effect. A recent study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America found vaccine endorsements from Republican Party “elites”—in this case, former President Donald Trump—made unvaccinated Republicans 5.7% more likely to signal their intention to get vaccinated ..."

What kind of retarded logic is that?

Okay, I'm 100% against the vaccines. I hear President Trump say something about it. Now I'm only 94% against the vaccines? Like WTF does that do?

As your link clearly points out, Republican show hosts and leaders (including Trump) have been recommending the vaccine to everybody since the day they came out. The difference between your party and mine is mine doesn't insist on it, demand policy be made on it, or force people to take the vaccines. Our position is we got the shot, and you should too, but that's your choice--not ours.

Republicans are not control freaks, Democrats are. They want to control the actions of every single person in this country to their standards whether they agree with them or not. I got the shot. It's my business. It's a decision I made myself based on my particular circumstances. I'm not going to tell you to take it, anybody on USMB, any of my friends or family. They are Americans and make their own decisions.

Well Jo, if they keep on bringing those Fed bucks, maybe they can pay a bit more.
Besides, anyone who works with our most vulnerable who refuses to vax is a. an idiot & b. doesn’t deserve a job.
Lol....
You have it backwards dude. The people will go to places that don't require a vaccine and that actually pay a wage. Nursing homes have a horrible time getting staff this will only make it harder. If they come across with an attitude over it they'll have nobody. It's already happening here locally. They will go where they get better money and do more pleasant work without the stringent restrictions.

Jo

Lol....
You have it backwards dude. The people will go to places that don't require a vaccine and that actually pay a wage. Nursing homes have a horrible time getting staff this will only make it harder. If they come across with an attitude over it they'll have nobody. It's already happening here locally. They will go where they get better money and do more pleasant work without the stringent restrictions.

Jo

90% of health care pros have been responsible enough to get vaxed. All but maybe 1 or 2% will be along shortly.

Those few acting like Karens can go look for another job - I wish them luck finding an employer who won’t insist on it.

Forum List

Back