Man Cannot Be Suitably Moral or Good without God. Here's why:

If we could all work together, then we wouldn't need money. But the way our economy runs, we need money!!!! And the church won't give it up.

Money is the solution Meri. I'm sorry, but that's the reality.
You are saying all the Vatican's money is the solution. Somehow you have it in your head that poverty ends once and forever once the Vatican gives ALL its money.

Once the Church has nothing more to give, problem solved! You truly believe that?

You are saying all the Vatican's money is the solution. Somehow you have it in your head that poverty ends once and forever once the Vatican gives ALL its money.

Once the Church has nothing more to give, problem solved! You truly believe that?
So they should just keep it all, and not really help people en masse.

So they should just keep it all, and not really help people en masse.
The fact is that the Church gives, gives, gives. Catholics give and Catholic Charity is a great example. Does it give all? No. Name an agency that does.
The last I heard, of the three Abrahamic faiths, Muslims give the most.

Suffering is good. It makes you a better person. Atheists don't embrace the concept of suffering, do they?
You should suffer. You are base and evil.

I suspect a reason why the hyper-religious adopt a literal interpretation of the bible is the concept of Original Sin as conceived by the writers of the Bible. This is a central theme within Christianity as a part of the Adam and Eve fable. Original Sin is the reason all humans are born depraved sinners, are condemned to Hell, and are in need of Salvation and Jesus. Apparently all who came before the advent of Christianity are spared this self-loathing.

I'm uncertain about that, coming from a Christian layman's view....not a Biblical Scholar s view!

Did you ever see the movie, The 10 Commandments with Charlton Heston? The last time I saw it on rerun was over 30 years ago!

There was a scene in it where the Jews went crazy, while Moses was up on Mt. Sinai, receiving the 10 Commandments engraved in stone on two tablets....

They created a golden calf and idle worshipped and were sinful in every action, it seemed...and of course, if my memory from so long ago, still serves me on the movie...

But to get to my point.....

There was a " voice over" serene, deep manly voice narrating the movie that came on with scenes in the background of the Jews, showing their debauchery, and blasphemy, that said that basically 'from that moment on, God seared right from wrong, in to their hearts'..... I took it, as it was seared in to all of mankind's hearts, proverbIally.

Maybe the scene was just all Hollywood?

Or maybe it was directed towards just Jews?

Or maybe the narrator was actually referring to now having the ten commandments seared in to stone, would sear it in to them?

Of course I don't know, I only know that it seemed to make sense that we would ALL be born knowing right from wrong, for the most part, unless physically/mentally disconnected when born, somehow?

I think we are born with free will, can choose doing right or doing wrong, but innately most all seem to know the "line" between the two.... Whether reared as Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Jew, Buddhist, etc.... In my view, just because you do not have an organized religion does not mean that God isn't behind the scenes guiding you to know right from wrong, or in Gods own way, guiding you to Him???

There's been millions or billions of peop!e that have died that have never heard the Word of God, or new and/Old testament.... were they all rotten to their very core?? Really???

Shoot, some of the biggest sinners I've ever known, have been Christians....! No joking there, or any disrespect towards other Christians! Yes, I know "We all Fall short, of the Glory of God", including the religious....

But I just can't fathom, that all of His creation, wasn't given, a moral compass.
1. I don't believe those born and die, say in North Korea who are never are allowed to hear of God are doomed. I believe God in His infinite mercy and justice and fairness makes it work out for them.

2 The 'big sinners' you know are not acting according to Christian principles, even if they call themselves Christian. Hillary, Biden and Pelosi come to mind on that one.

3. I do not think people are born knowing right from wrong. Some sins are apparent, but some are not.

My Catholic grandmother was married to my atheist grandfather. I knew it could work--I had role models.
Do you try to talk your husband out of his atheism?
Do you pray for his conversion out of atheism?
Do you want him out of atheism?

Do you try to talk your husband out of his atheism?
Do you pray for his conversion out of atheism?
Do you want him out of atheism?
My husband is on the agnostic side of atheism. He understands that God has had a hand in my life and that I welcomed it. He respects that. On the other hand, he wants to live this life on his own, without help from a Supreme Being. I respect that.

I don't pray for his conversion out of atheism, because he does not reject God. He simply wants to go through this life on his own, as if there were no God. On the other hand, during the hard times, he had me to support him while I leaned on God. In many ways, he may have had more support from God than he knows.

In marriage, the two shall be as one. That being so, he is already out of atheism.

Forum List

Back