How is "born again Christian" defined?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I wasn't always religious in my lifetime, I try and be the best I can be under trying circumstances.

How is "born again", defined in your estimation? How is it different from someone who read and learned what he could about Christ, follow certain principles and believe in his teachings?

I wasn't always religious in my lifetime, I try and be the best I can be under trying circumstances.

How is "born again", defined in your estimation? How is it different from someone who read and learned what he could about Christ, follow certain principles and believe in his teachings?

In my personal view, born again is little more than a human defined or created concept and is accordingly meaningless beyond a token title bestowed upon mortal men by mortal men; it is a badge of submission. For instance: Johnny used to be a bad, bad man but now he's born again! In essence, all little bad Johnny has done is bow his head in submission in order to earn forgiveness or recognition in his human community. In reality, little Johnny will probably use his new religious title to take advantage of fellow Christians, to get past their defenses and strike them unaware.

In my personal view, born again is little more than a human defined or created concept and is accordingly meaningless beyond a token title bestowed upon mortal men by mortal men; it is a badge of submission. For instance: Johnny used to be a bad, bad man but now he's born again! In essence, all little bad Johnny has done is bow his head in submission in order to earn forgiveness or recognition in his human community. In reality, little Johnny will probably use his new religious title to take advantage of fellow Christians, to get past their defenses and strike them unaware.

Wow. No.

John 3:5, where Jesus talks of being born of "water and Spirit". It is trying, but also having a new desire to try. That is a big difference. In my experience being born again realigns your priorities. So you still have good days and bad days and you still fail. But overall your outlook, understanding, and priorities are all reordered. And not of your own volition.

Simply put it means you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and get Baptized at such an age you will be making the choice to do so fully informed and you will always remember it barring of course brain damage.

This man will explain it in no uncertain terms. It is 41 minutes to watch and in less time than it takes to watch a movie you may gain the most important insight in your life.

:)

Dr Stanley is a dispensationist.

Last edited:
Forgiveness is only granted when you have confessed and taken ownership of your sins, it isn't automatic. At least that's how most of the churches I've ever been affiliated see it.

Simply put it means you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and get Baptized at such an age you will be making the choice to do so fully informed and you will always remember it barring of course brain damage.

What if one was already baptized at birth? Do they need to be baptized again?

How many godless lefties will be praying to God when they're facing a ditch or thier children are hungry

Soon

djdjdjjdjddj.jpg

No. When people are baptized they receive the Holy Spirit. Generally those baptized at birth are taught the ways of spirit, life, and service to others--as opposed to the more selfish ways of the world.

Basically, a child is born into a physical world with worldly ways. However, there is also a spiritual world with ways of the Spirit. Some families choose to immerse their children in the ways of the Spirit at birth--something that is with them from the beginning (baptism). Other sects have their children wait until they have reached the age of reason (7-8); still others wait until adulthood (more or less).

Sorry I can't bring the video up. I'll keep trying.
Dr Stanley is a dispensationist.

Dr. Stanley can explain the Bible forward and backward.
Baptism at birth was for the benefit of parents, especially Catholics, so that if the child died, as many did, it didn't end up in Catholic purgatory. Since the children didn't ask for it, it is mostly symbolic gesture to put the parents at ease, and not necessary. If a child dies before the age of accountability, it goes straight to God.
Actual, meaningful baptism is a commitment. It is preformed when a person makes the decision to accept Jesus as their Savior.
It is a point of contention within denominations. But Christ was baptized and received the Holy Spirit as an adult, teamed up with the Holy Spirit and began working miracles. The timing was His decision, not His mom's.

Last edited:
Sorry I can't bring the video up. I'll keep trying.

Dr. Stanley can explain the Bible forward and backward.

Baptism at birth was for the benefit of parents, especially Catholics, so that if the child died, as many did, it didn't end up in Catholic purgatory. Since the children didn't ask for it, it is mostly symbolic gesture to put the parents at ease, and not necessary. If a child dies before the age of accountability, it goes straight to God.
Actual, meaningful baptism is a commitment. It is preformed when a person makes the decision to accept Jesus as their Savior.
It is a point of contention within denominations. But Christ was baptized and received the Holy Spirit as an adult, teamed up with the Holy Spirit and began working miracles. The timing was His decision, not His mom's.

Have you ever been to a christening? The parents and godparents promise to look after the child's religious training.

wrong religion -

the point in life for the resolent decision to stop sinning - permanently - to triumph over evil, the prescribed religion of antiquity. to free ones spirit for judgement and admission to the everlasting.

John 3:3 states that unless a man is "born again" he cannot see the Kingdom of G-d" And going on, Jesus explains that we are born of water (flesh). but not of the spirit. Without the spiritual birth, we cannot see G-d, nor gain eternal life.

Forum List

Back