Look what I just picked up. A 1978 Regency Brougham with 12k original miles.

It's a 1966 4200lb Oldsmobile against real 1500lb race cars, it was a short race, but he won.
He was spinning the tires a all the way around the track.
It has a 1068hp twin turbo Corvette engine.
It has a full interior and a radio in it and it doesn't have a rollcage.
That guy was driving like a madman.
He got up on two wheels at one point.

so-what-pic-S.jpg
what don't you understand?

I bought a '66 GOAT in 1969 for $1,500. with fewer than 3,000 miles. That was my beloved toy for decades. Broke my heart when I sold it about three years ago.
I helped a friend drag race his 1966 GTO for years

Decades ago I decided I wanted it strictly as a road car, a really hot road car. A company in Atlanta rebuilds NASCAR engines, with the tuned exhaust and other little expensive doohickies it put out 521 hp. They put in a special beefed-up transmission and rear end. Strengthened the frame so it didn't twist and added four-wheel disk brakes.

I had wives that claimed I loved that car more than them. Can you imagine?

I sold it to someone who had asked me to let them know. I'm well over 70 now and realized that the last thing our small city with thousands of college kids with their hot cars needed was an old codger with a 500+ hp super car, tooling around not acting my age! :D
LMFAO, boy we sure collect the strange ones around here

So you're actually saying, you're so dedicated to Contrarianism, that you'll pretend you'd just walk up to a 42 year old car, with a wad of cash to buy it, and be completely incurious about its condition.

See your doctor.

I love finding these gems. Bought it from a dealer in NY for 2800 dollars delivered. 403 purrs and purrs.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243
View attachment 370244View attachment 370246View attachment 370247

Where's it been kept for these 42 years??

And how dry-rotted are those whitewalls?

Who cares. There is one or two tire companies that especially manufacture tires for specific eras.

So you're actually saying, you're so dedicated to Contrarianism, that you'll pretend you'd just walk up to a 42 year old car, with a wad of cash to buy it, and be completely incurious about its condition.

See your doctor.

How am I being contrary? He's looking at the car, it runs and is in beautiful condition. Sure, I'd look at it close but today $2,800. isn't a "wad of cash" and I'd quickly hand over $2,800. How can you go wrong? Over a lot of decades, I've bought a lot of really old cars, not classics or antiques just old and little used. The first thing I'd do is replace all the hoses, belts and have the AC gone over thoroughly. Then I'd use it for a second car putting 150-200 thousand miles on it and then donate it to a charity. All I'd use it for was a day to day car for business and I got to write off every mile of business use. What's not to love?

I really don't give a shit what you'd do, aside from reducing the price $200. I simply pointed out that you're sitting here whining about the fact that I expressed curiosity about what condition 42-year-old tires would look like. Go get a hand job or sump'm.
This came from a licensed car dealer. They had newer tires. Dealers can't let you leave the lot knowing the wheels will fall off unless you have to tow it out.

I had a local mechanic examine all systems. Brakes and lines were replaced whenever. I don't buy sight unseen without a mechanic there on the phone examining and filming.

In fact, Dealers are the better places to find these rarer and rarer cars.

I love finding these gems. Bought it from a dealer in NY for 2800 dollars delivered. 403 purrs and purrs.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

This was from a lot. Tires are newer. Though the 12k cannot be authenticated, I am now the second owner. First owner was named like, Elmer Jones...lol

Drivers seat has no wear, passenger like new. Engine is clean

Aren't you curious where it spent 42 years? Because it cannot have been on a lot. It would be covered in mildew and mouse turds and sunlight fading at the least. Not to mention what's happened to the fluids.

What difference does it make?

To me, none. To somebody who just threw three thousand bucks at it, quite a lot.
Get it? A "lot"? I kill me.
3K is chump change. To you it is probably more than you will earn in a lifetime.

It's less than I've spend on any of my cars, but still $3K is $3K, if I'm gonna drop it on a 42 year old car --- or even a ten year old car --- I want to know its history.

Good for you! I bet you never rode motorcycles either! :D
I did but every damn time I got on the thing it would rain. And almost every time exactly half way out to the base too. 10 miles out to the base and it would start pouring at the 5 mile mark. And I'm taking Florida monsoon, pouring down, frog strangler kinda rain that soaks through every stitch you've got on in 30 seconds.

See your doctor.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

Who cares. There is one or two tire companies that especially manufacture tires for specific eras.

See your doctor.

How am I being contrary? He's looking at the car, it runs and is in beautiful condition. Sure, I'd look at it close but today $2,800. isn't a "wad of cash" and I'd quickly hand over $2,800. How can you go wrong? Over a lot of decades, I've bought a lot of really old cars, not classics or antiques just old and little used. The first thing I'd do is replace all the hoses, belts and have the AC gone over thoroughly. Then I'd use it for a second car putting 150-200 thousand miles on it and then donate it to a charity. All I'd use it for was a day to day car for business and I got to write off every mile of business use. What's not to love?

I really don't give a shit what you'd do, aside from reducing the price $200. I simply pointed out that you're sitting here whining about the fact that I expressed curiosity about what condition 42-year-old tires would look like. Go get a hand job or sump'm.
This came from a licensed car dealer. They had newer tires. Dealers can't let you leave the lot knowing the wheels will fall off unless you have to tow it out.

I had a local mechanic examine all systems. Brakes and lines were replaced whenever. I don't buy sight unseen without a mechanic there on the phone examining and filming.

POM you got yourself ONE SWEET RIDE! I can see there are many JEALOUS CHILDREN bashing on your SWEET RIDE!

POM do you like my new fotoe? Very fitting for a name like Propofol LOL LOL LOL LOL

1596587671304.png

See your doctor.

View attachment 370241
View attachment 370243

See your doctor.

POM you got yourself ONE SWEET RIDE! I can see there are many JEALOUS CHILDREN bashing on your SWEET RIDE!

POM do you like my new fotoe? Very fitting for a name like Propofol LOL LOL LOL LOL

View attachment 371277
Your handle and avatar are so YOU.LOLOL

Need your help downstairs here with these characters in Badlands 3000 page thread....lol

Don't bother me what the kids think here..lol

It's a 1966 4200lb Oldsmobile against real 1500lb race cars, it was a short race, but he won.

so-what-pic-S.jpg
what don't you understand?

More the body language for "SO WHAT".

In other words, so what that:

Forum List

Back