Lol, Liberals Want Laws Against Global Warming Deniers.

I do wish their was a law that when a politician speaks he would be held to account for lying in an official capacity. I know its a long shot but some of these ads and comments are flat out lying on both sides and then the paper, websites, blogs etc quote them then it becomes its own animal.

A lie gets half way around the world before the truth gets his pants on

We have freedom of speech and with that comes everyone's own responsibilities not laws.
You should see some of newspapers back in 1700 and early 1800's about political attack ads.
It makes the ones today seem tame.
This is why our founders emphasized heavily on the voters to be well informed on the issues, because when they are well informed the attack ads become a non issue.

I understand that but as you can see the public aint well informed. How do we deal with that moving forward knowing that just hoping they pay attention to political matters and not American Idol aint gonna happen?

We who are well informed are doing it right now on social networks.
It will take some time but they are already starting to know more than they have been in the past.

A majority of U.S. adults continue to say the major U.S. political parties do such a poor job representing Americans that a third party is needed. The 58% wanting a third party is little changed from last year.
Gallup.Com - Daily News Polls Public Opinion on Politics Economy Wellbeing and World

Our biggest problem is the people themselves who don't vote. This is what we need to work on..
The way I see it is one does not vote, they have no right to an opinion.

:2up:
So, Marty joins the ranks of proud Stalinists who wants scientists tossed in the gulag for doing science.

No surprise. He's a conservative. I still haven't found even one conservative on this board who'll criticize their party's Stalinist tactics here. Instead, they all double down on the Stalinism, declaring that those scientists are criminals and EnemiesOfTheState who deserve to be in the gulag. You know, exactly like the actual Stalinists did.

The lesson? Scratch a conservative, find a Stalinist. After all, not even one of them here will dare speak up against their party's Stalinism.

The day climatologist stop manipulating data and create models that routinely accurately predict something, we can call them scientists. Until then they are snake oil salesmen.
They are scientists. Scientists who have a deep understanding of the source of the funding for their research.
Essentially they are whores for the dollars. They are told to do all the research they require to come up with a predetermined result.

Just when you thought there was no way for liberals to possibly get more insidiously moronic, they have to claim this.
=========================================================

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., one of climate change’s loudest activists, said there should be a law that lets authorities punish skeptics and deniers - those who engage in “selling out the public trust,” he said, in an interview with Climate Depot during New York City’s recent People’s Climate March.

“I wish there were a law you could punish them with,” he said, in the videotaped interview. “I don’t think there is a law that you can punish these politicians under … [and skeptical politicians are] selling out the public trust.”

He accused politicians who failed to act on climate change policy as serving special interests.

“Those guys are doing the Koch Brothers bidding and are against all the evidence of the rational mind, saying global warming does not exist,” Mr. Kennedy said, Climate Depot reported. “They are contemptible human beings.”

He then turned his attacks directly at the Koch Brothers, accusing them of “polluting our atmosphere,” he said, the blog reported.

“I think it’s treason. Do I think the Koch Brothers are treasonous — yes, I do,” Mr. Kennedy said, Climate Depot reported.

Read more: Robert Kennedy Jr. We need laws to punish global warming skeptics - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

5d64fcfa02c7941e5b0f6a706700a0b5_c0-50-1878-1144_s561x327.jpg

^^^^Look at his stupid face taking a picture with his slut Curb Your Enthusiasm wife.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

He is a pure Stalinist tyrant who has no respect for freedom of speech. If you don't believe in his global warmist ideology, government should squash you.

The immediate past president of the Czech Republic, Dr. Vaclav Klaus, hit the nail on the head when he observed that the global warmists were ''a budding totalitarian ideology that is the greatest threat to freedom, democracy, and prosperity in the world today''.

RGK, Jr. "wished" there were a law, but in reality - something which challenges bigots and conservatives, but I repeat myself - he is not advocating such a law. Yet the author of the OP uses RFK, Jr's comment to castigate the man and call his wife a slut. I wish there was a law to send posters filled with hate into therapy, clearly the author of this thread needs it.

Bullshit, "wishing"there was a Law IS advocating it.

Asshole.

Well then, I wish you didn't have your head up you ass and were bright enough to see the vulgarity of calling a man's wife a slut. But I suppose that's okay with you, as a member of the moral majority and the echo chamber such hypocrisy is expected.
What you makes you so special that you believe it is only you who is allowed to have their head up their brown eye?

So, Marty joins the ranks of proud Stalinists who wants scientists tossed in the gulag for doing science.

No surprise. He's a conservative. I still haven't found even one conservative on this board who'll criticize their party's Stalinist tactics here. Instead, they all double down on the Stalinism, declaring that those scientists are criminals and EnemiesOfTheState who deserve to be in the gulag. You know, exactly like the actual Stalinists did.

The lesson? Scratch a conservative, find a Stalinist. After all, not even one of them here will dare speak up against their party's Stalinism.

The day climatologist stop manipulating data and create models that routinely accurately predict something, we can call them scientists. Until then they are snake oil salesmen.

No models are 100% correct thats why they are models and not psychic premonitions
Correct.
The problem you lefties have is your politicians are basing the changes to the economy they want made on these so called models.

No models are 100% correct thats why they are models and not psychic premonitions
Correct.
The problem you lefties have is your politicians are basing the changes to the economy they want made on these so called models.

Thats called being poractive instead of looking at the models and rolling the dice and deciding to be reactive instead.

The clean up always cost more than the prevention. Or in other words...Prepare for the worst but expect the best.

Yet, the models that show the bullshit known as man made global warming, the left calls it 100% accurate. So much so, they want the deniers to be put in jail.

Or did you not get the point of this thread?

I could give you two lifetimes and you couldnt find one quote from any authority that says the models are 100% correct. Again thats why they're models and not psychic premonitions

Correct.

Thats called being poractive instead of looking at the models and rolling the dice and deciding to be reactive instead.

The clean up always cost more than the prevention. Or in other words...Prepare for the worst but expect the best.

If that involves me having to give up certain freedoms, pay excessive taxes on nefarious carbon schemes, or give the federal government even more and more power, then no dice.

Prevention is definitely better, when whatever may happen is 1) guaranteed catastrophic, 2) actually going to happen and 3) preventable by some concrete method.

Yet, the models that show the bullshit known as man made global warming, the left calls it 100% accurate. So much so, they want the deniers to be put in jail.

Or did you not get the point of this thread?

I could give you two lifetimes and you couldnt find one quote from any authority that says the models are 100% correct. Again thats why they're models and not psychic premonitions

and yet you want to play "lets fuck with economy" based on them....

Correct.

If that involves me having to give up certain freedoms, pay excessive taxes on nefarious carbon schemes, or give the federal government even more and more power, then no dice.

Prevention is definitely better, when whatever may happen is 1) guaranteed catastrophic, 2) actually going to happen and 3) preventable by some concrete method.

So basically you want to go the prevention route you just dont want to fund the prevention route which is essentially being against prevention.

Its like going camping knowing you need a tent but refusing to pay for it or taking the time to set it up.

And prevention isnt better when...anything conditional. Prevention is always better under any conditions

:2up:The day climatologist stop manipulating data and create models that routinely accurately predict something, we can call them scientists. Until then they are snake oil salesmen.

Correct.

So basically you want to go the prevention route you just dont want to fund the prevention route which is essentially being against prevention.

Its like going camping knowing you need a tent but refusing to pay for it or taking the time to set it up.

And prevention isnt better when...anything conditional. Prevention is always better under any conditions

Even if the situation doesn't happen as foreseen? So we spend trillions and it turns out, whoops, not so bad, sorry for ruining the economy and trampling on personal freedoms.

Prevention to prevent something that may not happen should only be done in the most catastrophic of circumstances.

Correct.

Even if the situation doesn't happen as foreseen?

I thought we agreed that the models arent 100% accurate. So that would mean that the situation most likely wont happen 100% as the models predict. I thought you agreed with that and that prevention is the best course. Now prevention isnt the best course because things wont happen as forseen by the models? You're on both sides

So we spend trillions and it turns out, whoops, not so bad, sorry for ruining the economy and trampling on personal freedoms.[/uote]

We end up with a cleaner earth and air supply. You're right...who needs those things?

Prevention to prevent something that may not happen should only be done in the most catastrophic of circumstances.

No prevention should be planned in all circumstances. Thats why you have a seat belt in your car and not a (most catastrophic of circumstances) roll cage in it

Correct.

Even if the situation doesn't happen as foreseen?

I thought we agreed that the models arent 100% accurate. So that would mean that the situation most likely wont happen 100% as the models predict. I thought you agreed with that and that prevention is the best course. Now prevention isnt the best course because things wont happen as forseen by the models? You're on both sides

So we spend trillions and it turns out, whoops, not so bad, sorry for ruining the economy and trampling on personal freedoms.[/uote]

We end up with a cleaner earth and air supply. You're right...who needs those things?

No prevention should be planned in all circumstances. Thats why you have a seat belt in your car and not a (most catastrophic of circumstances) roll cage in it

its called not being held to dogmatic thinking, and its called a risk assessment. To me the risk of overwhelming government control of people brought on by a response to AGW is worse than the AGW itself (if it is occurring).

What you are asking for isn't seat belt vs. roll cage, its freedom vs. a new form of serfdom based on a "maybe."

Just when you thought there was no way for liberals to possibly get more insidiously moronic, they have to claim this.
=========================================================

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., one of climate change’s loudest activists, said there should be a law that lets authorities punish skeptics and deniers - those who engage in “selling out the public trust,” he said, in an interview with Climate Depot during New York City’s recent People’s Climate March.

He is a pure Stalinist tyrant who has no respect for freedom of speech. If you don't believe in his global warmist ideology, government should squash you..

The scary part is that there are already laws in place that lets authorities punish skeptics and deniers so the precedent has been set. Instead of Global Warming the laws prohibit questioning or denying the Holocaust. Same law, different subject, same mentality. Just remember: "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself"

Last edited:
The fact is we know and you know liberals would cheer if global warming "deniers" were put in jail.

The question is when will there be an official "INQUISITION" on who the "believers" are. Or unbelievers...if you will.

Oh the ironies.

Last edited:
its called not being held to dogmatic thinking, and its called a risk assessment. To me the risk of overwhelming government control of people brought on by a response to AGW is worse than the AGW itself (if it is occurring).

What you are asking for isn't seat belt vs. roll cage, its freedom vs. a new form of serfdom based on a "maybe."

New form of what? Man look the only thing I'm talking about is a cleaner planet. You are saying that a clean planet doesnt matter because you choose your wild imaginations of serfdom. Now, There are charts showing the impacts of Global Warming...What you are saying is you dont care about the impacts...the prevention or any of that because YOU BELIEVE some conspiracy theory is afoot.

Forum List

Back