James Hansen Wishes he Wasn’t So Right about Global Warming

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
Scores of CLOWN DENIER OPs posted here from decades old Newspapers Mocking various/any source, yet few from the main one:
NASA's James Hansen who was RIGHT.

NEW YORK (AP) — James Hansen wishes he was wrong. He wasn’t.​
NASA’s top climate scientist in 1988, Hansen warned the world on a record hot June day 30 years ago that global warming was here and worsening. In a scientific study that came out a couple months later, he even forecast how warm it would get, depending on emissions of heat-trapping gases.​
The hotter world that Hansen envisioned in 1988 has pretty much come true so far, more or less. Three decades later, most climate scientists interviewed rave about the accuracy of Hansen’s predictions given the technology of the time.​
Hansen won’t say, “I told you so.”​
“I don’t want to be right in that sense,” Hansen told The Associated Press, in an interview is his New York penthouse apartment. That’s because being right means the world is warming at an unprecedented pace and ice sheets in Antarctica and Greenland are melting.​
Hansen said what he really wishes happened is “that the warning be heeded and actions be taken.”​
[.......]​
`

Last edited:

30 years later, deniers are still lying about Hansen’s amazing global warming prediction

Koch paychecks seem to be strong motivators to Lie
Thirty years ago, James Hansen testified to Congress about the dangers of human-caused climate change. In his testimony, Hansen showed the results of his 1988 study using a climate model to project future global warming under three possible scenarios, ranging from ‘business as usual’ heavy pollution in his Scenario A to ‘draconian emissions cuts’ in Scenario C, with a moderate Scenario B in between.​
Changes in the human effects that influence Earth’s global energy imbalance (a.k.a. ‘anthropogenic radiative forcings’) have in reality been closest to Hansen’s Scenario B, but about 20–30% weaker thanks to the success of the Montreal Protocol in phasing out chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). Hansen’s climate model projected that under Scenario B, global surface air temperatures would warm about 0.84°C between 1988 and 2017. But with a global energy imbalance 20–30% lower, it would have predicted a global surface warming closer to 0.6–0.7°C by this year.​
The actual 1988–2017 temperature increase was about 0.6°C. Hansen’s 1988 global climate model was almost spot-on.".."​
[......]​

`

FqI6_HdXwAA5AmY.jpeg

Last edited:
Scores of CLOWN DENIER OPs posted here from decades old Newspapers Mocking various/any source, yet few from the main one:

NASA’s top climate scientist in 1988, Hansen warned the world on a record hot June day 30 years ago that global warming was here and worsening. In a scientific study that came out a couple months later, he even forecast how warm it would get, depending on emissions of heat-trapping gases.​
The hotter world that Hansen envisioned in 1988 has pretty much come true so far, more or less. Three decades later, most climate scientists interviewed rave about the accuracy of Hansen’s predictions given the technology of the time.​
“I don’t want to be right in that sense,” Hansen told The Associated Press, in an interview is his New York penthouse apartment. That’s because being right means the world is warming at an unprecedented pace and ice sheets in Antarctica and Greenland are melting.​
Hansen said what he really wishes happened is “that the warning be heeded and actions be taken.”​
[.......]​
`

He's brilliant!!!

How many new nuke plants should we build?

China and India produce over 80% of the world's pollution. If AGW is such a big problem why don't the Global Elitists call out the two countries producing more air and solid pollution than ALL THE OTHER G20 NATIONS COMBINED????
Finally, we can welcome you to the side of the believers!
As to the global elite among scientists, they are.

As to the global elite among big money Americans, they never will.

Lefties are not so good with LOGIC. Imagine that the globe is warming, and the warming is caused, at least in part, by human activity.

The relevant questions have to do with what should be done with that knowledge. There is NOTHING that can be done TODAY that will measurably impact the climate within the lifetime of any living human, not even that homely Swedish scold. NOTHING. In fact, if every country that signed on to the Paris Peace Accords did EVERYTHING that they committed to do in the relevant timeframes, global temperatures would be less than one degree C cooler a hundred years out than they will if "we" do NOTHING.

And that doesn't even account for the dramatic increases in greenhouse gases that are certain to come from the Third World, as they begin to chase modernity by burning fossil fuels for electricity, heat, cooking, and transportation.

So if The Squad got its way, and we all parked our SUV's, adjusted our thermostats, and became organic subsistence farmers, it would have essentially no effect on the world's climate.

But ask yourself this: What will be done in the next thirty years with the American Southwest? They LACK THE WATER to continue living as they do, with the population they have, let alone the millions more who will migrate there in the next thirty years. Do you really think they will tell people to stay away, or force people to leave, so that the existing water supplies are sufficient to support the population?

No, they won't. One way or another, they will figure it out. Maybe they will get better at recycling water, or maybe they will build a bunch of seawater de-sal plants, or maybe they will figure out a way to change the local climate. I don't know, but they will figure it out. They always do. And the same goes for the rest of the world. "We" will figure it out.

It makes no sense at all to shoot ourselves in the foot and CREATE hardships, in the hope that it will save the planet. Force people to buy electric vehicles or hybrids, set thermostats to make us uncomfortable in both Summer and Winter, and so on.

[.......]​
`
Hansen got flat out busted making up data. Lying.

He should be in prison.

James Hanson is a nut case.. Just like every other global warming nut.

I love that the left still believes anything coming out of this liar's mouth. Everything from to little rain, to too much rain, is all signs of global warming... Overall global COOLING is now a sign of Global Warming... You can't make this kind of deception up.

Catastrophic Global Warming Has been FALISIFED as a hypothesis. CO2 cannot drive anything in our climate. In Fact, CO2's affect is so low that it cannot be discerned from noise in our climatic system. The total warming, from CO2 alone, according to the lab tests, show it should be creating 2.1 deg C ALL BY ITSELF! Without other driving factors.

When we look at empirically observed evidence, it is less than 0.6 deg C TOTAL before removing other known drivers in the atmosphere. When we remove other known drivers, CO2 remaining affect is 0.024 deg C. That is all it can be responsible for when the other know drivers are removed.

CAGW has been disprove as a hypothesis And James Hanson is a liar.

CO2 - By The Numbers, Why it is Statistically Irrelevant in our Atmosphere.

Last edited:
Finally, we can welcome you to the side of the believers!
As to the global elite among scientists, they are.

As to the global elite among big money Americans, they never will.
You missed the IF in my sentence. I most certainly do NOT believe that man has significantly contributed to this latest global cycle of warming. No more so than the warming cycle that melted the Yosemite glaciers.

[.......]​
`
You want to tell me why we are near the ZERO line? Why we lost 0.6 Deg C in the leat 9 years?

UAH_LT_1979_thru_February_2023_v6.jpg

We are in a significant cooling cycle now. Explain this away...

That's not what Dr Hansen said in his Climatology textbook ... here he claims about 20 different factor effect surface temperature and he goes into great detail for each and every one ... you know ... scientific-like ...

Still waiting for the actual amounts and/or percentages ... still too difficult without long term cloud-cover data ... so no math, which is fine for folks who don't understand math ... ha ha ha ha ...

You want to tell me why we are near the ZERO line? Why we lost 0.6 Deg C in the leat 9 years?

Professor Billy_Bob , why if we are in a 'significant' cooling 'cycle', that the average temps are consistently above the ZERO line versus say the previous 9 years?

Last edited:

[.......]​
`
Scientists come to opposite conclusions about the causes of recent climate change depending on which datasets they consider. For instance, the panels on the left lead to the conclusion that global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to human-caused emissions, especially carbon dioxide (CO2), i.e., the conclusion reached by the UN IPCC reports. In contrast, the panels on the right lead to the exact opposite conclusion, i.e., that the global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to natural cycles, chiefly long-term changes in the energy emitted by the Sun.

1632186412722.png

Both sets of panels are based on published scientific data, but each uses different datasets and assumptions. On the left, it is assumed that the available temperature records are unaffected by the urban heat island problem, and so all stations are used, whether urban or rural. On the right, only rural stations are used. Meanwhile, on the left, solar output is modeled using the low variability dataset that has been chosen for the IPCC’s upcoming (in 2021/2022) 6th Assessment Reports. This implies zero contribution from natural factors to the long-term warming. On the right, solar output is modeled using a high variability dataset used by the team in charge of NASA’s ACRIM sun-monitoring satellites. This implies that most, if not all, of the long-term temperature changes are due to natural factors.

Here is the link to the full paper.
ShieldSquare Captcha

Scientists come to opposite conclusions about the causes of recent climate change depending on which datasets they consider. For instance, the panels on the left lead to the conclusion that global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to human-caused emissions, especially carbon dioxide (CO2), i.e., the conclusion reached by the UN IPCC reports. In contrast, the panels on the right lead to the exact opposite conclusion, i.e., that the global temperature changes since the mid-19th century have been mostly due to natural cycles, chiefly long-term changes in the energy emitted by the Sun.

1632186412722.png

Both sets of panels are based on published scientific data, but each uses different datasets and assumptions. On the left, it is assumed that the available temperature records are unaffected by the urban heat island problem, and so all stations are used, whether urban or rural. On the right, only rural stations are used. Meanwhile, on the left, solar output is modeled using the low variability dataset that has been chosen for the IPCC’s upcoming (in 2021/2022) 6th Assessment Reports. This implies zero contribution from natural factors to the long-term warming. On the right, solar output is modeled using a high variability dataset used by the team in charge of NASA’s ACRIM sun-monitoring satellites. This implies that most, if not all, of the long-term temperature changes are due to natural factors.

Here is the link to the full paper.
ShieldSquare Captcha
Theory 1 is based on modeling. Theory 2 is based on raw empirical data.

You know where I will place my money... Observed Empirical Evidence.

Professor???

> cnts_above_zero(start_year = 2014, end_year = 2023)
[1] "97 months of 109 (88.99%) above ZERO for 2014 thru 2023."
> cnts_above_zero(start_year = 2005, end_year = 2014)
[1] "54 months of 120 (45%) above ZERO for 2005 thru 2014."

Forum List

Back