Lockdowns Don't Stop Pandemics

Explains why we are getting hit so hard despite early lockdowns. Perhaps we are also too fat??!?! Amazing, our government told us to stay indoors, order food, drink alcohol and won't allow us to go to the gym. And they wonder why the virus is spreading and killing so many. Maybe if we were a healthier country overall and didn't dwell inside like bats we would all be feeling much better.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

https://www.tctmd.com/news/obesitys-role-covid-19-deaths-big-food-slow-government-blame

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7326434/

https://www.newsweek.com/even-mild-obesity-linked-severe-covid-19-death-study-1518189
It doesn't help that right wingers are alleging the pandemic is a hoax.

What doesn't help is, the fear and panic being spread by left wingers.

You and the others might as well follow the lead of Donald Trump, who has flipped and flopped several times on the issue of masks, social distancing and snake oil treatments. Me I wear the mask, not because our Governor strongly suggests we wear them, but because a virus is transmitted by air. Thus our Governors Common Sense leadership does no harm.

Fortunately I live in a region of mostly well educated and intelligent human beings, and rarely does anyone here disrespect fellow citizens inadvertently passing the virus on to others. The false argument that wearing a mask is an infringement on one's freedom is stupid and inconsiderate. Maybe herd immunity will one day end this pandemic, but at what cost in deaths and dollars? My two masks cost $12.00 at Home Depot, they are washable and comfortable.
Wearing a mask won't keep the virus away from you, it will only prevent you from sneezing or coughing on someone else.

Yeah, and I never stated anything different. If 95% wore a mask, it would slow the pandemic. Why is that so difficult for some to comprehend? Likely because of people like Trump, Pence and the biddable fools who believed them, those partied on Memorial Day, the 4th and attended a couple of Trump's Rallies.

Nothing about the rioters, the looters, the "protesters" who are out there, assaulting people, burning down buildings, KILLING PEOPLE?!

Those people aren't contributing to the spread?

Wasn't there a surge in cases right after the riots started?

I notice no one ever wants to bring up THAT, when rattling off all the ways it's Trump's and/or, his supporters fault!

You and the others might as well follow the lead of Donald Trump, who has flipped and flopped several times on the issue of masks, social distancing and snake oil treatments. Me I wear the mask, not because our Governor strongly suggests we wear them, but because a virus is transmitted by air. Thus our Governors Common Sense leadership does no harm.

Fortunately I live in a region of mostly well educated and intelligent human beings, and rarely does anyone here disrespect fellow citizens inadvertently passing the virus on to others. The false argument that wearing a mask is an infringement on one's freedom is stupid and inconsiderate. Maybe herd immunity will one day end this pandemic, but at what cost in deaths and dollars? My two masks cost $12.00 at Home Depot, they are washable and comfortable.
Lets educate the stupid one here... That's you!

1. Masks only keep others from getting what you have by reducing the chances that we inhale water droplets that contain virus from you. Note the word 'REDUCING'. Only a properly fitted and sealed masks which uses a 0.1 micron mesh will catch 99.99% of the water vapor and virus in the air. Using a common cloth mask only reduces the chances you will get infected by about 30%. If you want to wear a mask it will only reduce my chances of becoming ill..

Your cloth face covering gives you no protections. Enjoy your false sense of safety.

2. The number one way this virus is transmitted is the virus getting onto your hands and then into the eyes, nose or mouth. Wearing a mask and adjusting it often are worse for you than not wearing one. First time you rub your eyes or pick your nose you get it. You have a whole lot to learn about the mode of transmission.

3. The cost in deaths and dollars is going to be very nearly the same. All we have done is slow the progression of this virus. You have no way to stop it and believing you do is stupidity of the highest order. By slowing the virus burn we lengthened the pain we must endure but the deaths will be what they are in the end.

We may save some lives due to not overwhelming our medical system but beyond that deaths are going to happen.

Yeah, and I never stated anything different. If 95% wore a mask, it would slow the pandemic. Why is that so difficult for some to comprehend? Likely because of people like Trump, Pence and the biddable fools who believed them, those partied on Memorial Day, the 4th and attended a couple of Trump's Rallies.

Someone already posted a picture of the weave size on the masks with a cell of Wuhan Virus overlaid. The virus travels with zero restrictions through most maks. Then people touch their masks, then touch their face to put the mask on and off. Then they eat with the hands that they used to remove their mask so they could eat.

People complain about Trump going back and forth on masks but the WHO has done the same:

Masks are a feel-good practice but don't really prevent the spread of the virus. Remember the Wuhan virus started with one person. As long as there is one person with the virus it will spread, masks or no masks. Even if masks slow the spread, you'll have to wear masks for the rest of time to keep slowing the spread - but it still won't stop the virus. The only thing that is going to stop it is herd immunity. The virus is going to run its course. Billions are going to get it. The question is are they going to get it over a few months or are we going to drag this economical nightmare out for a few years making it spread slowly instead of just getting it over with.

Lets educate the stupid one here... That's you!

1. Masks only keep others from getting what you have by reducing the chances that we inhale water droplets that contain virus from you. Note the word 'REDUCING'. Only a properly fitted and sealed masks which uses a 0.1 micron mesh will catch 99.99% of the water vapor and virus in the air. Using a common cloth mask only reduces the chances you will get infected by about 30%. If you want to wear a mask it will only reduce my chances of becoming ill..

Your cloth face covering gives you no protections. Enjoy your false sense of safety.

2. The number one way this virus is transmitted is the virus getting onto your hands and then into the eyes, nose or mouth. Wearing a mask and adjusting it often are worse for you than not wearing one. First time you rub your eyes or pick your nose you get it. You have a whole lot to learn about the mode of transmission.

3. The cost in deaths and dollars is going to be very nearly the same. All we have done is slow the progression of this virus. You have no way to stop it and believing you do is stupidity of the highest order. By slowing the virus burn we lengthened the pain we must endure but the deaths will be what they are in the end.

We may save some lives due to not overwhelming our medical system but beyond that deaths are going to happen.

Excellent post and very accurate. But I'll add to it that we actually are going to cost lives because rural and small-town hospitals are going out of business because of pointless lock downs and demands that non-Wuhan illnesses, even cancer and TB, not get treated.

Explains why we are getting hit so hard despite early lockdowns. Perhaps we are also too fat??!?! Amazing, our government told us to stay indoors, order food, drink alcohol and won't allow us to go to the gym. And they wonder why the virus is spreading and killing so many. Maybe if we were a healthier country overall and didn't dwell inside like bats we would all be feeling much better.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

https://www.tctmd.com/news/obesitys-role-covid-19-deaths-big-food-slow-government-blame

https://www.newsweek.com/even-mild-obesity-linked-severe-covid-19-death-study-1518189
Everything recommended by the medical community is helpful. Lockdowns in itself are not the answer, but when incorporated into medical advice, they are helpful.
How so? Do tell.

Find an infected person, toss pepper in their face and breath deeply when they sneeze in your face. Wait 14 days, or sooner, and let us know how you feel.

I thought a mask was supposed to stop a sneeze from going through, or, coming in?

Masks are no good, if they stop nothing, are they?

Masks aren't mandatory here, thank God, people here aren't panic stricken, our numbers are low, they've not changed since

Someone already posted a picture of the weave size on the masks with a cell of Wuhan Virus overlaid. The virus travels with zero restrictions through most maks. Then people touch their masks, then touch their face to put the mask on and off. Then they eat with the hands that they used to remove their mask so they could eat.

People complain about Trump going back and forth on masks but the WHO has done the same:

Masks are a feel-good practice but don't really prevent the spread of the virus. Remember the Wuhan virus started with one person. As long as there is one person with the virus it will spread, masks or no masks. Even if masks slow the spread, you'll have to wear masks for the rest of time to keep slowing the spread - but it still won't stop the virus. The only thing that is going to stop it is herd immunity. The virus is going to run its course. Billions are going to get it. The question is are they going to get it over a few months or are we going to drag this economical nightmare out for a few years making it spread slowly instead of just getting it over with.

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell people, since day one but, all anyone seems to want to believe is, "we're all going to die, unless we do what we're told and, wear a mask for the rest of our lives and, stay home!"

A virus, is a virus, it has to run its course, if we keep hiding in our homes and, behind masks, its going to take even LONGER for it to do that!

Everything recommended by the medical community is helpful. Lockdowns in itself are not the answer, but when incorporated into medical advice, they are helpful.
How so? Do tell.

Find an infected person, toss pepper in their face and breath deeply when they sneeze in your face. Wait 14 days, or sooner, and let us know how you feel.

I thought a mask was supposed to stop a sneeze from going through, or, coming in?

Masks aren't mandatory here, thank God, people here aren't panic stricken, our numbers are low, they've not changed since

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell people, since day one but, all anyone seems to want to believe is, "we're all going to die, unless we do what we're told and, wear a mask for the rest of our lives and, stay home!"

A virus, is a virus, it has to run its course, if we keep hiding in our homes and, behind masks, its going to take even LONGER for it to do that!

Just how effective are masks at stopping coronavirus? Here's ...
www.advisory.com › 2020/06/16 › mask-covid

Jun 16, 2020 - Several studies published this month indicate that wearing face masks or coverings can effectively curb transmission of the novel coronavirus, ...

How so? Do tell.

Jun 16, 2020 - Several studies published this month indicate that wearing face masks or coverings can effectively curb transmission of the novel coronavirus, ...

There are just as many, that say they don't.

It comes down to, who do you believe.....along with your own personal feelings on the matter.

How so? Do tell.

It comes down to, who do you believe.....along with your own personal feelings on the matter.
I have not read or heard of anybody who says they don't work, except for mostly Trump supporters, since he is opposed for vanity reasons and the fact that he acts on his "gut". Masks, by themselves, may not work as well as they do in conjunction with social
distancing, crowd, club and bar avoidance. According to medical experts, masks do work. I wear a mask when going where there are people and try to shop during quiet hours. For me, it is not worth taking a chance by going maskless.
Masks help to prevent spittle from escaping and entering. Is it a catchall? No.

Wearing a mask won't keep the virus away from you, it will only prevent you from sneezing or coughing on someone else.

Nothing about the rioters, the looters, the "protesters" who are out there, assaulting people, burning down buildings, KILLING PEOPLE?!

Those people aren't contributing to the spread?

Wasn't there a surge in cases right after the riots started?

I notice no one ever wants to bring up THAT, when rattling off all the ways it's Trump's and/or, his supporters fault!
There was a huge surge after Memorial day and of course rioters will spread the disease if they don't practice
the safety measures. However, the rioters are a small portion of the population and any crowds might spread the disease be they rioters or peaceful demonstrators, or early lockdown termination due to federal pressure.

How is this breaking news? Sounds like TV media.
It just came out. And it shows that many are dying due to poor eating habits. Period.
Both suicide,drugs and divorce are skyrocketing

How so? Do tell.

I have not read or heard of anybody who says they don't work, except for mostly Trump supporters, since he is opposed for vanity reasons and the fact that he acts on his "gut". Masks, by themselves, may not work as well as they do in conjunction with social
distancing, crowd, club and bar avoidance. According to medical experts, masks do work. I wear a mask when going where there are people and try to shop during quiet hours. For me, it is not worth taking a chance by going maskless.
Masks help to prevent spittle from escaping and entering. Is it a catchall? No.
If we weren't as fat as a country we would not need masks or lockdowns. We are punished for being fat and unhealthy. I never cared if others were fat but now it is impacting me so get fit and STFU people. If you're not fat you don't have to worry about masks. If you disagree with this then you are an idiot because it is 100% true.

How is this breaking news? Sounds like TV media.
It just came out. And it shows that many are dying due to poor eating habits. Period.
Both suicide,drugs and divorce are skyrocketing
Of course. No one wants a fat spouse....:)

Fortunately I live in a region of mostly well educated and intelligent human beings

Do you think you’re slumming it, coming here?
There are many uneducated, uninformed and easily swayed bloggers on this site who believe that God is occupying the White House, which could account for that slumming feeling.
Did Trump make 60% of this country fat? Yes or No?
You have some good delis where you live ??
Is the area mixed or all Jewish ??
Is downtown Boston safe ??

Fortunately I live in a region of mostly well educated and intelligent human beings

There are many uneducated, uninformed and easily swayed bloggers on this site who believe that God is occupying the White House, which could account for that slumming feeling.
Not bad. Mixed. Very mixed. Very safe. No one there due to the COVID-19. No traffic basically.

Not bad. Mixed. Very mixed. Very safe. No one there due to the COVID-19. No traffic basically.

Did you go to downtown a lot before the virus ??
I always wanted to walk the campus of MIT with a fake pair of glasses and briefcase .. strange lol

Do the kids go to a Jewish school or mixed ??

Did you go to downtown a lot before the virus ??
I always wanted to walk the campus of MIT with a fake pair of glasses and briefcase .. strange lol

Do the kids go to a Jewish school or mixed ??
A lot. Yes. MIT is actually in Cambridge. Harvard too. Regular public schools. Not Hebrew schools.

Forum List

Back