Liz Cheney - Speaks Truth To Power

Which testimony so far do you think should be challenged, and on what grounds?

And what kind of "exculpatory evidence" do you imagine any Republican led "investigation" would present?

That's the thing see, it is turning out that Trump's failed coup was aided and abetted by the majority of Republicans in Congress either overtly or passively.
You can't put the criminals in charge of the courtroom!
If they have something meaningful to say this committee will welcome their testimony.
The committee will NOT allow Republicans to derail the FACTS of the matter with their ridiculous, non-factual, conspiracy-theory, alternate reality horseshit though.
The only requirement is that the hearings stick to only the facts.
Republicans can't do that.
This is why so many of them are defying subpoenas and refusing to testify or pleading the 5th.
There is too much exculpatory evidence to take the time to list here. But if the GOP had conducted hearings re any Democrat, stacked a committee with only people who hated that Democrat with a passion, allowed only testimony that appears damning to that Democrat and allowed no challenge to any testimony and no introduction of any exculpatory evidence, you and other leftists would be screaming FOUL and CORRUPT and UNFAIR and DISHONEST as loud and as long as you could. And you know it. THAT is what calls Liz Cheney and every other member of that Commission's character into question.

The GOP is a party of cowards, there is no other way to describe these mewling sycophants to Trump. With all the evidence, with all of Trump's actual words, they all bow before him, none with the guts or the balls to even tell the truth, even though they know the truth is different from what they peddle.

Except Liz Cheney, she is no coward.

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., said Wednesday that the Jan. 6 committee’s work has shown that former President Donald Trump’s involvement in a plot to overturn the 2020 election was “even more chilling and more threatening than we could have imagined.”

“We have to choose. The Republican Party cannot be both loyal to Donald Trump and loyal to the Constitution,” Cheney said in a speech Wednesday evening at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California. “
We stand at the edge of an abyss and we must pull back. We must pull back.

Cheney said she has been motivated to stand against Trump’s lies about the 2020 election because of her hopes that her children “will continue to live in an America where the peaceful transfer of power is guaranteed ... [and] in an America that is a nation of laws, not of men.”

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You cock suckers are just using that ugly bitch right now...... You use people you fucking GD pos MF."

Is such messaging an identifier for MAGA-folks? A marker?
Do they all talk that talk?

And why would they do that?
Poor parenting?
Undereducation?
Sadly or tragically socialized?
Unresolved anger issues?

I truly dunno.

But so many of the RightieTighties on this venue seem to talk the talk of a Hang-on-Sloopy.
Is Hang-on-Sloopy ....the....or at any rate, an important.....thought leader for today's Republicans?
For today's Conservatives? Or MAGA's?
If you support Don Trump must you think and talk like a Hang-on-Sloopy?

Asking out of simple sincere curiosity.

The thread is about Liz Cheney.

OK, let's go there.

I have been impressed by her focus. Her organized presentation of her thoughts.
She has been direct, concise, and dialed-in to each witness she queried......and to the over all big picture when she needed to speak to that. Ben Thompson may be the chairman....but clearly Cheney is their rain-maker.

The hearings have showcased her chops. A lawyer. Former State Department assistant secretary. Congressman for 5 years.
This hearing and more importantly--her skepticism toward Don Trump --- likely have hurt her Wyoming.
But.......she's got a future in American leadership. That is clear.

The GOP is a party of cowards, there is no other way to describe these mewling sycophants to Trump. With all the evidence, with all of Trump's actual words, they all bow before him, none with the guts or the balls to even tell the truth, even though they know the truth is different from what they peddle.

Except Liz Cheney, she is no coward.

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., said Wednesday that the Jan. 6 committee’s work has shown that former President Donald Trump’s involvement in a plot to overturn the 2020 election was “even more chilling and more threatening than we could have imagined.”

“We have to choose. The Republican Party cannot be both loyal to Donald Trump and loyal to the Constitution,” Cheney said in a speech Wednesday evening at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California. “
We stand at the edge of an abyss and we must pull back. We must pull back.

Cheney said she has been motivated to stand against Trump’s lies about the 2020 election because of her hopes that her children “will continue to live in an America where the peaceful transfer of power is guaranteed ... [and] in an America that is a nation of laws, not of men.”

In other words she tows the democrat line and if she loses her house seat will get a gig with CNN. The J6 show trail committee would not know the truth if it handed them a business card.

The J6 show trail committee would not know the truth if it handed them a business card.
=======================================================

I'm pretty skeptical of such colorful hyperbole.

I sincerely believe witnesses have been speaking the truth as they knew it. For example...the female Capitol officer who was savaged by the Trump mob; the DOJ leaders who relayed their perspectives on various meetings an conversations. Cassidy Hutchinson seemed, to my eye & ear, to be sincere and measured. Again, based upon my life experience she demonstrated the demeanor of a truth-teller.

So, yeah, I think this Committee ain't what the poster Eagle7 says it is.
I disagree with that poster.

=======================================================

I'm pretty skeptical of such colorful hyperbole.

I sincerely believe witnesses have been speaking the truth as they knew it. For example...the female Capitol officer who was savaged by the Trump mob; the DOJ leaders who relayed their perspectives on various meetings an conversations. Cassidy Hutchinson seemed, to my eye & ear, to be sincere and measured. Again, based upon my life experience she demonstrated the demeanor of a truth-teller.

So, yeah, I think this Committee ain't what the poster Eagle7 says it is.
I disagree with that poster.
The problem from the perspective of the right is why isn't the riots of 2020 being investigated? Citizens lost businesses. Cops were murdered. Nothing.

The problem from the perspective of the right is why isn't the riots of 2020 being investigated? Citizens lost businesses. Cops were murdered. Nothing.
====================================================

The problem from the perspective of the topic of this thread.....is:

You should start your own thread on the topics your are fretting about above.

Good luck.

Forum List

Back