Liberals Scream"Spend More on Infrastructure..."

And assholes like you scream that it is all a boondoggle and we shouldn't invest in our own country. Even bridges that are highly needed or more money to upgrade them to be able to handle a future earth quake = boondoggle! You spent how much on infrastructure in Iraq? SO you have no effin room to whine!

We spend about 2-3% of the federal budget on infrastructure. If we wish to have the best,,,well, we better be ready to pay for it. Of course, you don't want us to be the best! Your plan is Slash, cut and burn!!!
How much of the $10 trillion + new debt under Obama went to infrastructure?

How much went to the 1%?

Whenever you hear "cut spending to the bone" from the GOP...just know there are consequences.
What would be the consequences to cutting ........ the care and support of illegal immigrants, building mosques on foreign soil, supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, most of the foreign aid given to foreign governments, exploring the far reaches of the universe, stupid projects such as the fence along our southern border, no-bid government contracts, unnecessary military spending, subsidies to rich farmers and big oil, bribes paid to North Korea and Iran, unnecessary government travel, the ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress, lavish White House vacations, studying the sex habits of cockroaches, looking for water on the surface of Mars, and giving tax refunds to dead people?

Nothing wrong with r&d and exploration. Both make real jobs and add to the strength of our nation..The rest you may have a point.
Well, if one can find the money for R&D, and exploration, one can find the money for infrastructure, don't you think?
We could tax the 47%, and give those on welfare one month to get a fuckin' job or starve.

That would free up several trillion to fix the infrastructure, and create millions of jobs the leeches could take.

Whenever you hear "cut spending to the bone" from the GOP...just know there are consequences.

We subsidize amtrack to the tune of 1.5 billion+ a year to run routes that can't pay for themselves, why? Shouldn't they close unprofitable routes?

The short answer is yes. I'm not sure about the nature of all of the routes. I think we should also get out of the business of sponsoring public radio and television, close most of our embassies over-seas and pay the congressmen and women part-time wages since they are not in session most of the year.
Elected officials should not even get a salary.

What would be the consequences to cutting ........ the care and support of illegal immigrants, building mosques on foreign soil, supplying weapons to drug lords and terrorists, most of the foreign aid given to foreign governments, exploring the far reaches of the universe, stupid projects such as the fence along our southern border, no-bid government contracts, unnecessary military spending, subsidies to rich farmers and big oil, bribes paid to North Korea and Iran, unnecessary government travel, the ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress, lavish White House vacations, studying the sex habits of cockroaches, looking for water on the surface of Mars, and giving tax refunds to dead people?

Nothing wrong with r&d and exploration. Both make real jobs and add to the strength of our nation..The rest you may have a point.
Well, if one can find the money for R&D, and exploration, one can find the money for infrastructure, don't you think?
We could tax the 47%, and give those on welfare one month to get a fuckin' job or starve.

That would free up several trillion to fix the infrastructure, and create millions of jobs the leeches could take.
Where would they get a job? And, would those jobs pay enough to get them off welfare? Do all of them have the education and training necessary? Are all of them able to work? Are children on welfare old enough to work? What about the aged and elderly? The disabled? What about the mentally challenged?

So, let everyone unemployed starve, including those mentioned above? Let our children starve? Our elderly? Our handicapped? Where would you send them to starve? Who would pay to bury all of them? Where would we bury them? There are 45.7 million presently on food stamps.

We subsidize amtrack to the tune of 1.5 billion+ a year to run routes that can't pay for themselves, why? Shouldn't they close unprofitable routes?

The short answer is yes. I'm not sure about the nature of all of the routes. I think we should also get out of the business of sponsoring public radio and television, close most of our embassies over-seas and pay the congressmen and women part-time wages since they are not in session most of the year.
Elected officials should not even get a salary.

Bullshit, how about you get that constitutional passed. I don't think they should get a retirement but that's a subject for another thread.

In the wake of the Amtrak tragedy Democrats have been holding it up as an example of broken infrastructure...

someone please tell these libertards that crash was due to speeding, the engineer is most likely another libertard who has lawyered up and is 100% the one who should be charged with MURDER ! :up:

All I know is I am not planning on taking Amtrak anytime soon or never

Suicide crazy Ass pilots in the air crazy fucking train conductors doing 100 mph on old rails, forget it, driving my Dodge 1500 :)

Last edited:
Where would they get a job? And, would those jobs pay enough to get them off welfare? Do all of them have the education and training necessary? Are all of them able to work? Are children on welfare old enough to work? What about the aged and elderly? The disabled? What about the mentally challenged?

So, let everyone unemployed starve, including those mentioned above? Let our children starve? Our elderly? Our handicapped? Where would you send them to starve? Who would pay to bury all of them? Where would we bury them? There are 45.7 million presently on food stamps.

Whether or not they had a job that paid enough to get off welfare is irrelevant in there is no welfare to get off of.
Social Security doesn't apply to welfare because it isn't ... And the disabled (mentally or physically) can already get SS payments.
Children can be covered through adjusted programs such as WIC and the likes.

Starvation is an excellent motivator ... If you cannot get a job, then create one.
Since it is obvious that "job creators" don't actually provide anything and are just leeching off the labor ... They can stick their money where the mouth is and let the laborers create their own jobs.

If people starve (unlikely) ... Then there is no need to bury them anywhere.
We might have to stop turning a third of our annual corn crop into biofuel to feed everyone in a more cost efficient manner.
Cremation is cheaper and takes up less space anyway.

In the wake of the Amtrak tragedy Democrats have been holding it up as an example of broken infrastructure and say we need to raise more taxes to invest into infrastructure like China does. Well perhaps if China did not have all of our manufacturing jobs we would have a local tax base that could pay for infrastructure and education. Only 14 Dem's bolted on Pacific trade bill that will lose more American jobs. Brilliant...just fucking brilliant.
China does not have all our manufacturing jobs. We are making more stuff than ever before.

Technology obsoleted our manufacturing jobs, not China.

Besides, manufacturing is the trough of the smiley curve of production value addition. Design and distribution are where its at.

That's why the US is being tough about protecting intellectual property rights in the negotiations.

There simply is no money in making T-shirts and lava lamps.
Yup, because no one makes physical products anymore. I mean everyone knows cars aren't made out of steel anymore, everyone is making them with silly putty now....derp?

More and more stages of automotive assembly are done by robots. Derp.

You completely missed the point I see.

YOU WERE & ARE WRONG ABOUT THE JOBS

Nope. America is never going to pay a lava lamp worker what China pays a lava lamp worker, and that's why those jobs are rightfully being performed in China.

Nor is America ever going to hire back all those assembly line workers to do the jobs the robots do now.

It is a fact America is manufacturing more stuff than it ever has. And it is a fact it takes less people to make all that stuff than it did before. You cannot argue or debate the truth, no matter how much you type in all caps.

The big money is in the design and distribution ends of the curve.

If you want Americans to get jobs, you have to educate them for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday.

The sooner you figure all that out, the more intelligent you will sound. Shouting in all caps does not make you sound smarter. Sorry about that.

680 BILLION dollars for "shovel ready" projects. Hmmm.....wonder where it went?

And assholes like you scream that it is all a boondoggle and we shouldn't invest in our own country. Even bridges that are highly needed or more money to upgrade them to be able to handle a future earth quake = boondoggle! You spent how much on infrastructure in Iraq? SO you have no effin room to whine!

We spend about 2-3% of the federal budget on infrastructure. If we wish to have the best,,,well, we better be ready to pay for it. Of course, you don't want us to be the best! Your plan is Slash, cut and burn!!!
How much of the $10 trillion + new debt under Obama went to infrastructure?

How much went to the 1%?
Much of the "stimulus" went to expanding safety net programs. At the time, on another forum, I predicted the states would become heavily dependent on all that extra cash and there would be riots in the streets when the time came to pull back federal funds to "normal" after the economy recovered.

Where were democrats when they held the majority in both houses of congress? From a personal viewpoint it seems to me that the infrastructure is constantly under construction. Try driving interstate 81 across Maryland and Pa without slowing down for construction. To paraphrase a high profile democrat "never let a tragedy go to waste if you can turn it against republicans". How in hell could more money have prevented a freaking train from doing 100 in a 50 mph zone? What democrats fail to understand and never seem to understand is that you just don't turn over taxpayer money to unions and hope the problem goes away. There has to be oversight and accountability.

Nope. America is never going to pay a lava lamp worker what China pays a lava lamp worker, and that's why those jobs are rightfully being performed in China.

Nor is America ever going to hire back all those assembly line workers to do the jobs the robots do now.

It is a fact America is manufacturing more stuff than it ever has. And it is a fact it takes less people to make all that stuff than it did before. You cannot argue or debate the truth, no matter how much you type in all caps.

The big money is in the design and distribution ends of the curve.

If you want Americans to get jobs, you have to educate them for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday.

The sooner you figure all that out, the more intelligent you will sound. Shouting in all caps does not make you sound smarter. Sorry about that.

Advancing technologies just change the landscape of labor.

Instead of having an employee who works everyday fixing outdated equipment ... You have less employees who are required to fix the new equipment when necessary.
They can be employed by the equipment manufacturer because the equipment is better and doesn't break down as much ... So that landscape changes.

The new equipment still needs to be developed and built ... Which employs a different skill set.
Manufacturers control costs through upgrading efficiency and response time ... Keeping the product moving and at acceptable levels.
You are correct that the new technologies are here to stay ... Regardless of the jobs they have cost in the overall market.

I think general courses in product quality and continuous improvement should be taught in college.
Sustainability is now as important as a course in Statistics.
We are providing people with the tools in basic calculations or application ... But are not providing them with the tools necessary to support accountability, corrective action and compliance, or proper follow-up.

If we want to capture the leading edge of productivity, sustainability and responsible manufacturing ... Then we need to give people the tools to accomplish more in achieving those goals.

If we want to sit around a cry about those who don't want to change ... Then we must accept that they are holding us back.
The degree to which you allow the weight to hold you back is still your choice ... Lead, follow or get the fuck out of the way.
Say it, invest in it, own it ... And start kicking ass ... Or get left behind in the dust ... It is your choice.

The engineer, allegedly a Target store cashier before he became a conductor and promoted to engineer two years ago, lawyers up and democrats blame congress for the tragedy. No surprises here.

The engineer, allegedly a Target store cashier before he became a conductor and promoted to engineer two years ago, lawyers up and democrats blame congress for the tragedy. No surprises here.
He's also claiming amnesia due to his concussion. :bs1:

He's also claiming amnesia due to his concussion. :bs1:

He also got a lawyer right off the bat ... Damage control ... Although I am sure he screwed up his options for life.

We may put a lot of emphasis on the failure of this one person because of the cost in life and bodily injury.
We still have to understand that the statistical capabilities of avoiding this disaster is unavoidable.
Regardless the background, training, equipment efficiency and all other possible preventions ... In any statistical analysis, a 1:1000 failure ratio is still considered the best possible rate when human error can be considered a variable.

Sometimes the failure is not as severe and more manageable ... Sometimes it isn't and a tragedy occurs.
I am not excusing the responsibility of the engineer ... Just indicating that throwing money at it won't fix the possibility of failure as long as a human is involved.

The US should be subsidizing rail transportation,
The nature of a subsidy should be, in my view, one that gets smaller every year as the business model wins over the public. We do this with emerging energy supplies like wind and solar. As there are more buyers of the output and the number of suppliers lowers the costs, the subsidy goes away. Amtrak lives and dies by it's subsidy all the while sending it's trains to such places as Tyrone PA, Truckee, CA, and Tomah WI. I suppose it is a good idea to try to expand your business out of the Northeast but putting stations in towns that aren't even on most maps is a waste of money.

public radio and television,
When there was no cable television, there was a need for PBS. It was an outlet for the documentaries that can't find time on network television and radio. As cable has proliferated, these documentaries and other programming such as cooking shows and craft shows have found their audience.

There is no reason the American taxpayers should be funding television that nobody wants to watch. The ratings prove this over and over again.

and closing embassies is just the worst idea of all of them.

You'd be further ahead to close overseas military bases than embassies. It would save more money. You want to cut the peacemakers and say nothing about the warriors. Dumb, dumb and dumber.

Well, in the first place, the reason for the cuts isn't just about saving money. It's about putting the resources where they do the most good.

In the second place, strategically hampering our response/deterrence is long-term more expensive than keeping the base open. It does cost money to move an armored division ya know.

Thirdly, and this is my fault, I also meant many consulates, diplomatic missions, consulate generals, etc....

Here is why. The network of embassies and consulates that we have now is based on some outdated concepts. Chief among these is promoting US interests in the host country. Let Microsoft take care of laying their own groundwork. Or send a diplomat based in Washington along. Other concepts were that they act as an agency for Americans abroad. Did you know that Europeans can go to any EU country's diplomatic mission and enjoy the same treatment as if they showed up at their nation's embassy? Surely we could join that circle of nations and pare down the costs. Finally, the supposed "oversight" to make sure that we're not buying goods like conflict diamonds or stuff made in sweatshops has long since been dispelled. Given the choice between high standards and low prices, Americans opt for low prices.

I agree mostly, I don't know about your congressman but mine is very busy doing his job when he's in TX. I have a good friend on his staff and I know how busy he keeps them, he does town halls, meets with business leaders, students and much more. I think he earns his money.

Well, that is all fine and good but it takes 218 to pass a law and if you're not in Washington, you're likely not doing a lot of lobbying that will be effective. Further, there is no guarantee that the next guy/gal will uphold the standard of working when not in session.

If you're not in session, you're not doing the job you were elected to do. Bottom line.

We should maintain our infrastructure as by doing so we maintain our economy. Our country does this through the reality that we can't move shit from one place to another without it.

As far as I am concern for this reason it is more important then the defense department. The only country that scares me at all is china and we spend 5 times what they spend.

Forum List

Back