Arizona Doctors Can Come To California To Perform Abortions Under New Law Signed By Governor Newsom.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
SACRAMENTO (AP) — Arizona doctors can temporarily come to California to perform abortions for their patients under a new law signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom.

California’s law is a response to Arizona’s Supreme Court last month upholding an 1864 law that bans nearly all abortions in that state. The Arizona Legislature responded by repealing the law earlier this month but that won’t take effect until later this year.

In the interim, Arizona doctors and their patients can now come to California for the procedure.

I’m grateful for the California Legislative Women’s Caucus and all our partners for moving quickly to provide this backstop,” Newsom said. “California stands ready to protect reproductive freedom.”

Biden and the dems are gaslighting people with all these aimed legislations... like Schumer bringing back the dead border bill...its just for show and votes and the media helps them by acting like its a new thing...
Just like the new loan forgiveness by Joe yesterday... its the same executive order from two weeks ago presented in a new package... only 3% of people targeted for school loan forgiveness will actually be approved for it... but put a new bow on it and it will get votes...
And Doctors have been able to apply for performing procedures in CA for years... I'm sure abortion was included... just a new package but the box is empty....

SACRAMENTO (AP) — Arizona doctors can temporarily come to California to perform abortions for their patients under a new law signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom.

California’s law is a response to Arizona’s Supreme Court last month upholding an 1864 law that bans nearly all abortions in that state. The Arizona Legislature responded by repealing the law earlier this month but that won’t take effect until later this year.

In the interim, Arizona doctors and their patients can now come to California for the procedure.

I’m grateful for the California Legislative Women’s Caucus and all our partners for moving quickly to provide this backstop,” Newsom said. “California stands ready to protect reproductive freedom.”

What stopped the women from going to California anyway?

Very good.

A victory for individual liberty; a defeat for the authoritarian right.

Forum List

Back