Liberal logic: Bomb Syria, kill civilians to punish Assad for killing civilians

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this. And I can't.

I was reading at France24 that civilians in Damascus who support Assad are waiting to die.

This is madness.

And all I've heard from the arrogant and pompous world police who now inhabit the White House is that Assad must be punished.

AND he must be punished now before the results of the UN Investigation are known.

Why don't we just take Assad out? I'm sure our SEALS could find him and shoot him no problem and we wouldn't have to harm anyone else in the process.

I just heard Oliver North describe it perfectly.

If the terrorist rebels are successful in suckering America into an attack, those same terrorist rebels will be holding the bodies of mangled children in front of cameras saying "Look at what America did to our children".

Exactly.
Then there'll only be more and deeper hatred in the Muslim world of America and its allies.

Best to just let Russia and the Muslim world look after Syria, and take care of all its own refugees.

More and deeper hatred of America will likely see more Muslims rioting in Sydney, trying to get to the US Consulate;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqKRwU_DBNE]EDL - Rioting Muslims now hit Sydney, Australia (15th Sept 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

"Obama, Obama,
We love Osama"

They chanted.

Last edited:

I was reading at France24 that civilians in Damascus who support Assad are waiting to die.

This is madness.

And all I've heard from the arrogant and pompous world police who now inhabit the White House is that Assad must be punished.

AND he must be punished now before the results of the UN Investigation are known.

I am not liberal and I despise Obama and his gang with all my heart....

having said that....

are you suggesting the logic should be: do nothing while they commit murder with WMD in Syria?

apart from watching and eating pop-corn? :popcorn:

Is that it?

no they were not.

failed simple logic on your part and other low information voters for dems is not a proof Bush "lied"
Saying you "know" something, when you really don't, is a lie.

The Bush Administration said they "knew" Iraq had WMD's. That's a lie!

and it did.

Wikileaks’ new release from purloined files of the Department of Defense may help remind people that, contrary to popular opinion and media memes, the US did find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and in significant quantities.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1520691/posts
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/201...nt-continued-in-iraq-with-surprising-results/
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/201...e-death-tolls-exposed-in-wikileaks-iraq-docs/
On June 21, 2006 the U.S. House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence released key points from a classified report from the National Ground Intelligence Center on the recovery of a small number of degraded chemical munitions in Iraq. The report stated that "Coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent." However, all are thought to be pre-Gulf War munitions.

These munitions meet the technical definition of weapons of mass destruction, according to the commander of the National Ground Intelligence Center. "These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee. The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, though agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said.

http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=15918

Last edited:
Bomb Syria, kill civilians to punish Assad for killing civilians

#####

I have no degrees.
But one doesn't need a degree from Harvard to see that doing the above makes no sense at all.

And it could be that Assad didn't use chemical weapons at all.

According to the movie 'Glimmerman' starring Mr Seagal, the Russian mafia controls all the chemical weapons on the black market.

Russia...the plot thickens.

So, when Obama-Washington fires all these missiles from ships etc, what exactly will they be blowing up when they land?

I'm all for blowing up terrorists in the War on Terror...terrorists who are coming to kill me..."My soldiers are at the gates of the US lackeys" - bin Laden.

...but 'Syria' is not really 'the War on Terror'.

Last edited:

This is madness.

having said that....

are you suggesting the logic should be: do nothing while they commit murder with WMD in Syria?

Is that it?

yep. exactly that. let the other get dirty this time.

we can screech and whine how they kill innocent civilians, and commit "war crimes" while eating popcorn :D

no they were not.

failed simple logic on your part and other low information voters for dems is not a proof Bush "lied"
Saying you "know" something, when you really don't, is a lie.

The Bush Administration said they "knew" Iraq had WMD's. That's a lie!

and he did.
As did SEVERAL Democrats including Clinton, Gore...Do WE really need to go over this again? Do we really need to rebut revisionist history?

SURE...WHY NOT...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg195sgzXhU]WMD Democrats - YouTube[/ame]

WHOOPS!

This is not just about the chemical weapons as far as I am concerned I read an interesting article about Syrian Americans who are reaching out to Syria. "One of them is Omar Salem. He was born and raised in Damascus and now lives in Canton, Mass. Salem, like many Syrian-Americans, can rattle off the unsettling statistics of this war without any footnotes: 100,000 killed, four million refugees, one million child refugees. The data points are seemingly endless, but they all prove one point to Salem: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad needs to go.

Salem says the Syrian government has been a dictatorship for far too long. Salem says the secret police even went to his parents’ home in Damascus and warned them that he — the son in America — was too outspoken, too radical."

Syrian-Americans In Mass. Urge International Community To Act | WBUR

This is not just about the chemical weapons as far as I am concerned I read an interesting article about Syrian Americans who are reaching out to Syria. "One of them is Omar Salem. He was born and raised in Damascus and now lives in Canton, Mass. Salem, like many Syrian-Americans, can rattle off the unsettling statistics of this war without any footnotes: 100,000 killed, four million refugees, one million child refugees. The data points are seemingly endless, but they all prove one point to Salem: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad needs to go.

Salem says the Syrian government has been a dictatorship for far too long. Salem says the secret police even went to his parents’ home in Damascus and warned them that he — the son in America — was too outspoken, too radical."

He needs to go sure...and WHAT will replace him? Are we in for another Egypt?

NOPE. Neither side that fights in this is credible. I don't trust either. So what do we do let them annihilate each other and then back the winner?

I say NO.

Steer clear of the region completely.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this. And I can't. Get a grip and snip

Really. Stupidest post this week.

I wonder if Obama is going to come to the mic in a minute and tell us that Assad has been "buying yellowcake from Nigeria"?[/B]

What's with this "mic" instead of mike? Why do you believe the Diploma Dumbos in the media are authorities on language? Will they make you use "bic" for bike next? These people are no-talent careerists who got their jobs by bootlicking, but they aren't so stupid that they don't know any phonics at all. It gives them a sense of power to print what they know is braindead spelling in order to test how many people will slavishly follow them regardless of common sense.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around.
snip
are you suggesting the logic should be: do nothing while they commit murder with WMDs in Syria?

Is that it?

How brave of you to bail out Syrian cowards with our money and blood. It is their duty to overthrow their ruling class on their own. It is our duty to wipe out our own ruling class, Right wingers and Left wingers are in it together with their looting, mismanagement, and treason. When are those who are willing to risk their lives in other country's wars going to start killing the 1% and its Heirhead chickenhawks?

Why doesn't this Chickenhawk towelhead get the hell out of our country and go fight for his own country? That's an Obama wannabe cop action I'd support. Deport all Syrians to practice what they preach to us to do in their place. Show me a refugee and you show me a coward.

Interesting read.

The Philosopher's Stone: SYRIA

"Finally, if the missile attacks do succeed in "degrading" the Syrian government, it may read the signs as indicating that fighting the war is acceptable so long as chemical weapons are not employed. They may regard it as a sort of license to go ahead in this wasting war. Thus, the action will have accomplished little. Thus, as General Zinni points out, America will likely find itself saddled with another long-term, very expensive and perhaps unwinnable war. We need to remind ourselves what Afghanistan did - bankrupting the Soviet Union - and what Iraq cost us -- about 4,500 American dead, over 100,000 wounded, many of whom will never recover, and perhaps $6 trillion.
Can we afford to repeat those mistakes?"

Last edited:

This is madness.

having said that....

Is that it?

If Assad did this I might agree. I get really uncomfortable thinking that a handful of western countries feel that they alone have the right to punish other countries by bombing them.

But nothing has been proven to date. The UN investigative team has not issued a report.

And I'll be damned if I believe a "US Intelligence says they have proof" ever again in my lifetime.

If they have proof then freaking show it.

Now on the other hand, the UN Chemical weapons inspectors just a couple of months ago said that they believed the rebels were using Sarin NOT Assad.

Forum List

Back