Lev 26:14-34

Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God

So, are you born of the Spirit? Have you received the Spirit of God?
Born into it. Baptized and everything. The hypocrites and the perverts ruined it by not being any nicer, honest, chaste or merciful than the people they bitched about all the time. Turns out you can find better people in any bar you happen to walk into.

Born into it. Baptized and everything. The hypocrites and the perverts ruined it by not being any nicer, honest, chaste or merciful than the people they bitched about all the time. Turns out you can find better people in any bar you happen to walk into.
Baptized as a baby doesn't mean anything. If you haven't reached the age of accountability and surrendered your life to Christ, it means nothing

Baptized as a baby doesn't mean anything. If you haven't reached the age of accountability and surrendered your life to Christ, it means nothing

You claim to be a Christian in this thread, but in another thread THESES ARE YOUR WORDS:

quoting scripture long ago lost it's power for me. It's just empty words from a book of lies to me. If God really made this world and everything is according to his will then he's a monster undeserving of worship

It means nothing anyway if I can no longer muster any faith. You probably see that as a moral failing but I really don't care. Religion let me down and my faith was chipped away and finally died while I stood at the side of my mother's deathbed. If I ever see God he will have to beg for my forgiveness. I never asked to be here and I don't have to play a stupid game on the off chance some negligent deity may be pleased with me after I die.

That old time religion, the fire and brimstone stuff, that I grew up with is a doomsday cult. Telling people to be afraid all the time like some little kid sent to their room to wait for dad and his belt is an insidious cruelty. The world is plenty cruel enough without zealots convincing people that death is no escape from misery.
Perhaps such fears could be dispelled if people would discover what the bible actually says about such matters.

It means nothing anyway if I can no longer muster any faith. You probably see that as a moral failing but I really don't care. Religion let me down and my faith was chipped away and finally died while I stood at the side of my mother's deathbed. If I ever see God he will have to beg for my forgiveness. I never asked to be here and I don't have to play a stupid game on the off chance some negligent deity may be pleased with me after I die.
God has revealed himself to the church only, not to the majority of humanity. That will come later. "God isn't willing that any should perish...", and has a plan for everyone, but not at this time.

That old time religion, the fire and brimstone stuff, that I grew up with is a doomsday cult. Telling people to be afraid all the time like some little kid sent to their room to wait for dad and his belt is an insidious cruelty. The world is plenty cruel enough without zealots convincing people that death is no escape from misery.
Which is why atheists have murdered more people in the last 2 centuries than any religion.

Forum List

Back