Lets talk REALITY on the Corona virus economically for once

No, we don't know who all has the disease just those that have been tested and diagnosed and only a few people have even been tested. As much as we all want this to be over, it's only the beginning.
what others are there?

The ones sitting at home thinking they have the flue or where the virus is incubating inside someone for 2 or 3 weeks. I haven't heard a single health professional claim there are not going to be other cases, quite the contrary really. Man, you are dumb.
well trump shut down the border to curtail it coming in. something you all called him racist for, but now, we're one month since that and guess what, no new cases. that's a thirty day incubation period. the CDC said it was 14 days. the 60 have recovered, so exactly where would it come from? I asked you that already.

No new cases in a month? That's a lie.
in the US, there are no new cases since trump shut down the borders. name one

You said in a month

How many people in Mexico are confirmed to have the disease again? One?

Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Spread of the Outbreak

What are the conspiracy theories?
COVID-19 was hatched in a Chinese lab and (accidentally) released.

Don't tell me you haven't heard that one!

Based on memos released by the Chinese government before the outbreak, it sounds like the most likely possibility.

Utter bullshit...

“There’s absolutely nothing in the genome sequence of this virus that indicates the virus was engineered,” said Richard Ebright, a professor of chemical biology at Rutgers University. “The possibility this was a deliberately released bioweapon can be firmly excluded.”

How about we deal with reality and not fantasy... This is the problem people have... Trump and his supporters live in fantasy and faced with something that meet that fantasy is deemed fake...

Engineering on COV viruses has been going on for years, dingbat:

Abstract
The large size of the coronavirus (CoV) genome (around 30 kb) and the instability in bacteria of plasmids carrying CoV replicase sequences represent serious restrictions for the development of CoV infectious clones using reverse genetic systems similar to those used for smaller positive sense RNA viruses. To overcome these problems, several approaches have been established in the last 13 years. Here we describe the engineering of CoV full-length cDNA clones as bacterial artificial chromosomes (BACs), using the Middle East respiratory syndrome CoV (MERS-CoV) as a model.

Engineering infectious cDNAs of coronavirus as bacterial artificial chromosomes. - PubMed - NCBI

And a fucking expert who put his name on it says you are dead wrong... Now I suggest you show your credentials in epidemiology and rare viruses... Then I migh listen to you but for now you are trying to spin a global pandemic rather than deal with the reality...

An expert was on TV there and he said the way to deal with this is the way Obama dealt with Ebola, the interviewer said Ebola didn't cause this much trouble, he answered 'Exactly'....

How am I trying to “spin a global pandemic”?

This isn’t Ebola. COVID-19 is far more contagious than other coronaviruses and it seems to remain in a dormant state with no symptoms as people were cleared for being healthy when exposed, yet turn up positive later on (as happened in Germany). This virus isn’t like any other of its family.

she said it, not me. A doctor at a presser. you challenge her. wow.

I challenge your interpretation. There are going to be more people who come down with the virus.
I challenge reality, it does not suit my predetermined agenda
the issue with the stock market was that china shut down. that's it. businesses were affected by it. my own company was. I wish perspective was used on the left.

What are you lying about now?
nothing. you?

What are you saying about the stock market and why the left thinks its down? Sure, commerce and travel have slowed. Also, the stock market is going to take guesses at what this pandemic brings in the future.

All the more reason to ensure we eradicate it.

Yeah, we don't know everyone who contracted the disease unless you honestly believe there won't be more people to be diagnosed. Clearly that's not what this doctor expects.
she said it, not me. A doctor at a presser. you challenge her. wow.

I challenge your interpretation. There are going to be more people who come down with the virus.
the issue with the stock market was that china shut down. that's it. businesses were affected by it. my own company was. I wish perspective was used on the left.
A correction was way past due but it was not going to happen with all the great results from Trumps policies. So they found a way to make it so.

This wasn't a correction.

what others are there?

The ones sitting at home thinking they have the flue or where the virus is incubating inside someone for 2 or 3 weeks. I haven't heard a single health professional claim there are not going to be other cases, quite the contrary really. Man, you are dumb.
well trump shut down the border to curtail it coming in. something you all called him racist for, but now, we're one month since that and guess what, no new cases. that's a thirty day incubation period. the CDC said it was 14 days. the 60 have recovered, so exactly where would it come from? I asked you that already.

You said in a month

I said in the US. your border crossing I didn't count.

You said in a month

Another way of saying there really isn't a threat from Mexico and most likely not an issue at least at this time.

nothing. you?

What are you saying about the stock market and why the left thinks its down? Sure, commerce and travel have slowed. Also, the stock market is going to take guesses at what this pandemic brings in the future.

dude, american businesses had their manufacturing and engineering facilities shut down. all air traffic to them shut down. guess what happened, it affected supply chains. dude. even reasonable people can see that. if you don't, then you're not reasonable,

I'm not relying on govt for help. Thats an exercise in futility. Its only prudent to have 3-6 months supply of food and water.

Here's a cold hard dose of reality. More than half of Americans don't have $500 cash or credit in emergency funds. And very few have either the resources or the space to store that much food or water.

And no one is screaming "We're all going to die". What they are saying is that a significant number of people are going to get sick, and how are we going to deal with it? Are we going to close schools, sporting events, public transit, and basically self quarentine everyone who sniffles?

The government needs to co-ordinate responses between agencies. Do they close down air travel to keep the virus from speading? What about hospital resources? Are their enough masks, drugs? What about supply lines?

This isn't "fake news" asshat. Shit is about to get real, and Dumb Donald just dropped this hot potato in Mike Pence's lap because Trump is in WAY over his head and hasn't got a clue.

Oh yes they are. The media is working everyone into a frothing frenzy. You mean..........you're hoping its about to get real. It may or may not blow up and its not trumps fault. Im still not relying on govt telling me what I need to do. Ive already prepared for this. Im not worried.

You said in a month

Another way of saying there really isn't a threat from Mexico and most likely not an issue at least at this time.
well the border closing was from China to our coast, shut down. the president took heat for it. he didn't care, it was the right move. Good leaders do what's right, not what's popular.

nothing. you?

dude, american businesses had their manufacturing and engineering facilities shut down. all air traffic to them shut down. guess what happened, it affected supply chains. dude. even reasonable people can see that. if you don't, then you're not reasonable,

I didn't disagree with any of this. I disagree that the stock market is not also forward looking too. If it sees a potential global pandemic then it's going to react as well. All the more reason to ensure we eradicate and focus on that rather than defend the president at all costs.

coronovirus can lead to pneumonia and it's highly contagious and new. We don't know how many cases there are or really a clear understanding yet of the disease itself.
sure we know, they all said so. 60. why say 60? the flu ends up causing pneumonia. so does heart disease. so what?

No, we don't know who all has the disease just those that have been tested and diagnosed and only a few people have even been tested. As much as we all want this to be over, it's only the beginning.
what others are there?

The borders have NOT been shut down. Trump stopped people coming in from China. Well now they're coming in from Europe and you have cases that are cropping up where those people coming off the cruise ship landed, and were greeted by government workers without hazmat suits or training on how to deal with infected people.

You also have over 300 Americans coming off the cruise ship and no testing kits for them. This virus is already out of control in the USA, and the reason it is out control is because for the last month, there has been no way to test sick people. You have 60 cases because you've tested fewer than 500 people as of yesterday. More than 8000 are "under observation" just in California.

There are fewer than 100 testing centres across the country. Korea has tested 30,000 people. The USA has tested fewer than 500.

You said in a month

well the border closing was from China to our coast, shut down. the president took heat for it. he didn't care, it was the right move. Good leaders do what's right, not what's popular.

You mean like pretend this isn't serious?

sure we know, they all said so. 60. why say 60? the flu ends up causing pneumonia. so does heart disease. so what?

what others are there?

The borders have NOT been shut down. Trump stopped people coming in from China. Well now they're coming in from Europe and you have cases that are cropping up where those people coming off the cruise ship landed, and were greeted by government workers without hazmat suits or training on how to deal with infected people.

You also have over 300 Americans coming off the cruise ship and no testing kits for them. This virus is already out of control in the USA, and the reason it is out control is because for the last month, there has been no way to test sick people. You have 60 cases because you've tested fewer than 500 people as of yesterday. More than 8000 are "under observation" just in California.

There are fewer than 100 testing centres across the country. Korea has tested 30,000 people. The USA has tested fewer than 500.

JC is convinced its over.

what others are there?

Just a couple of weeks ago, liberal hand wringers were saying he would do too much because he is a germaphobe.

Guess I missed the part about somebody wanting to destroy America. I probably changed changed channel to something more educational like reruns of Andy and Barney, since the Three Stooges wasn't on.
Just heard that any further announcement or government information put out by any federal government organization, regarding Coron Virus will have to be cleared by Mike Pence. Guess we are going back to top down management and information control. Good luck everybody.

He may be able to stop CDC from releasing info but he can't stop the states or personal experiences.

UA students, professor possibly exposed to coronavirus on study abroad trip

BTW when I'm reading without signing in I see the only person I have on ignore post but cannot see when signed it and that is JC.

The gov of CA said 8300 or 8400 are being monitored for the virus he said nothing about anyone of them having it yet.
Interesting comments and accurate about the 8300 to 8400 being monitor. I actually figure we would quickly learn any thing held back that we needed to know. Truth comes out. There is no stopping it. They could not stop the whistle blower and I understand there is a new whistle blower, specifically about DHS handling or mishandling aspects of meetings with possible infect patient at the air force base in CA, where the administration brought back the Americans from the cruise ship. People like JC do not bother me. I am getting used to seeing it on the board. I am not a Trump fan, but I live in the real world. Some here are so anti or pro DJT, that reality on the subject doesn't matter. Sort of like all's fair in love, war and politics, especially the politics of Trump. I do not like the TDS designations as they often are a false accusation hurled by the religious frenzied of Trump supporters, but it is getting hard to deny that TDS does to some extent exist.

Sorry.
A shortage of test kits are due to a bi-partisan shortsightedness!
This may be news to a Big Gov't proponent like you, but the Gov't cannot save you.
Good luck!
Who gets the blame for this, "Crooked Hillary?"

Coronavirus Live Updates: Cases Soar in Italy and Iran; U.S. Workers Possibly Exposed, Complaint Says

"Federal government health workers were not given proper medical training or protective gear when they were sent to assist Americans who had been quarantined for possible exposure to the coronavirus, according to a whistle-blower complaint.

"Staff members entered quarantine areas at Travis Air Force Base and March Air Reserve Base in California, interacted with the people who were in isolation and then moved freely around and off the bases, the complaint said.

"The whistle-blower, described as a senior leader at the Department of Health and Human Services, said at least one worker stayed in a nearby hotel and left California on a commercial flight."

I suppose MAGA Morons will run out of excuses for their ignorant, arrogant messiah at some point, but that will likely happen after he dies in prison.

You're 'shot out', dude.
maddow-trump-coronavirus-lies-2000x1070.jpg

MAGA yet?

Is this reporting true---------------->Israeli scientists say they are just WEEKS away from developing a vaccine to beat coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Hmmmm, Israel, another Capitalistic country, what do you know!

Where is the Cuba solution? Venezuela? Russian?

Well, if this report is true, we can see that the SOCIALIST response is to whine, cry, and blame. The CAPITALISTIC response is...…..to SOLVE THE PROBLEM!
Weeks to get one to try, but that doesn't mean it works. If it does work, testing to make sure it doesn't destroy your brain, liver or other vital organs at the same time in attacking the single strand RNA that have taken over, your body, takes significantly more time, and then there is ramping up to produce the millions or billions of doses necessary to make a dent in the pandemic. Looking at a conservative year from what I have read. I do not care who produces it. I do not have much pharmaceutical stock and none in companies that produce vaccines, so I don't have a dog in this race relating to capitalistic or socialistic producing country coming up with it. I just hope somebody finds a viable one as soon as possible. I figure most of us are going to have a brush with this in the next year to year and half, and wish everybody luck and good health.

They are going to use that drug they used to treat ebola on the patient at the Nebraska hospital they took him to. Guess he will be the guinea pig.

I just heard from a Dr. Ingazia Ezeekay in Illinois who just announced that all 60 americans who had the virus have recovered. hmmmmmmmmm

Post a link to it.
It was just on Channel 9 WGN in Chicago ten minutes ago, Governor Pritzger had a presser.

The Illinois governor is announcing that all U.S. coronavirus patients have recovered?

Doesn't sound fishy at all.

Only 6 have fully recovered. If you click on link and then on left click on U.S. they will have the stats on right hand side.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Just heard that any further announcement or government information put out by any federal government organization, regarding Coron Virus will have to be cleared by Mike Pence. Guess we are going back to top down management and information control. Good luck everybody.

He may be able to stop CDC from releasing info but he can't stop the states or personal experiences.

UA students, professor possibly exposed to coronavirus on study abroad trip

BTW when I'm reading without signing in I see the only person I have on ignore post but cannot see when signed it and that is JC.

The gov of CA said 8300 or 8400 are being monitored for the virus he said nothing about anyone of them having it yet.
Interesting comments and accurate about the 8300 to 8400 being monitor. I actually figure we would quickly learn any thing held back that we needed to know. Truth comes out. There is no stopping it. They could not stop the whistle blower and I understand there is a new whistle blower, specifically about DHS handling or mishandling aspects of meetings with possible infect patient at the air force base in CA, where the administration brought back the Americans from the cruise ship. People like JC do not bother me. I am getting used to seeing it on the board. I am not a Trump fan, but I live in the real world. Some here are so anti or pro DJT, that reality on the subject doesn't matter. Sort of like all's fair in love, war and politics, especially the politics of Trump. I do not like the TDS designations as they often are a false accusation hurled by the religious frenzied of Trump supporters, but it is getting hard to deny that TDS does to some extent exist.

Who gets the blame for this, "Crooked Hillary?"

Coronavirus Live Updates: Cases Soar in Italy and Iran; U.S. Workers Possibly Exposed, Complaint Says

"Federal government health workers were not given proper medical training or protective gear when they were sent to assist Americans who had been quarantined for possible exposure to the coronavirus, according to a whistle-blower complaint.

"Staff members entered quarantine areas at Travis Air Force Base and March Air Reserve Base in California, interacted with the people who were in isolation and then moved freely around and off the bases, the complaint said.

"The whistle-blower, described as a senior leader at the Department of Health and Human Services, said at least one worker stayed in a nearby hotel and left California on a commercial flight."

I suppose MAGA Morons will run out of excuses for their ignorant, arrogant messiah at some point, but that will likely happen after he dies in prison.

You're 'shot out', dude.
maddow-trump-coronavirus-lies-2000x1070.jpg

MAGA yet?

Is this reporting true---------------->Israeli scientists say they are just WEEKS away from developing a vaccine to beat coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Hmmmm, Israel, another Capitalistic country, what do you know!

Where is the Cuba solution? Venezuela? Russian?

Well, if this report is true, we can see that the SOCIALIST response is to whine, cry, and blame. The CAPITALISTIC response is...…..to SOLVE THE PROBLEM!
Weeks to get one to try, but that doesn't mean it works. If it does work, testing to make sure it doesn't destroy your brain, liver or other vital organs at the same time in attacking the single strand RNA that have taken over, your body, takes significantly more time, and then there is ramping up to produce the millions or billions of doses necessary to make a dent in the pandemic. Looking at a conservative year from what I have read. I do not care who produces it. I do not have much pharmaceutical stock and none in companies that produce vaccines, so I don't have a dog in this race relating to capitalistic or socialistic producing country coming up with it. I just hope somebody finds a viable one as soon as possible. I figure most of us are going to have a brush with this in the next year to year and half, and wish everybody luck and good health.

They are going to use that drug they used to treat ebola on the patient at the Nebraska hospital they took him to. Guess he will be the guinea pig.
Really? I wonder what makes them think that a drug for an unrelated blood born pathogen is the way to go? Not sure I would want to be on the receiving end of that experiment, but I guess I can only say that because I am healthy instead of deathly ill. I wish him well.

You can’t impeach Trump over the virus, or anything else for that matter, so what’s your skin in the game?

Another stupid Russian heard from.

This is where the nation needs to put aside politics and prevent the spread of this virus. This is especially important because Donald Trump has spent three years dismantling the CDC's Pandemic Response team and cutting funding to the CDC, so there really hasn't been much done since the first outbreak in China, other than closing the border.

So the USA is way behind the 8-ball here, and need to start believing the hiring and believing the scientists and start doing as they're told for a change. But most importantly, the Trump Administration needs to let the experts speak and stop trying to control a message they don't want getting out.

People don't need political pablum and fake reasurrances at this point. They need solid information on how to protect themselves and their families, as well as a realistic assessment as to what the risks are. What happens to the market is FUCKING IRRELEVANT. It is what happens to the people that matters.

When Trump's loyalists all go to great lengths to dismiss people's concerns, while Trump stands up an babbles idiotically at the news conference about a non-existant vaccine which is, at best 12 months away, while offering nothing about what supplies you should have in your medicine chest, what symptons to look our for, and how to best protect yourself and your family, you're going to start a panic.

In the face of every crisis he has faced since his inauguration, Trump and his minions have lied to the American people. Trump has been fortunate to this point that he's never had to face a REAL national emergency. He's trying to manufacture national emergencies for his own political gain, and those went badly. This is a real national emergency.

Every President faces national emergency tests, and how the manage them will determine what their legacy will be. W had 9/11 and he passed that test of uniting the nation, but then blew it with the Iraq war. His second test was Hurricane Katrina, and W failed that one utterly. It showed the folly of creating a giant Homeland Security Agency and then awarding all of the top positions contracts to your buddies, lobbyists and friends.

Obama had the world economic meltdown, and he passed that one with flying colours. Foreign affairs were less successful, but there are no good answers there. Peace was achieved in the western hemisphere, but the Middle East continues to be a mess. Afghanistan is an utter failure, from Day 1 to today.

This is Donald Trump's test. This is where he gets to save the nation and help save the world. If he's up to it. Handing the job off to Mike Pence looks an awful lot like he's looking for a fall guy. What happened to the man who said "I alone can fix it"?

This is you get to see if you really did elect the Great and Powerful Oz, or the pathetic little conman behind the curtain.
For Trump and his supporters this is only about politics.

Sure is and they are making a big deal about the dems but in fact they have made this political just watch the Jr fuck on fox news with Killemeade or that bitch Ingrahm.

Forum List

Back