Lets talk REALITY on the Corona virus economically for once

The panicked herd has caused the Dow to drop another thousand points today.

The Dow is down 16% from its high. We are a little over a thousand points from an official bear market.

Who is causing the panic g? Media is screaming like banshees that we're all gonna die.

Do you not want to know what's going on such as in a hurricane? The trump administration has forbidden CDC from making public statements without going through pence. None of this should be closed off to the public.

You can’t impeach Trump over the virus, or anything else for that matter, so what’s your skin in the game?

Another stupid Russian heard from.

This is where the nation needs to put aside politics and prevent the spread of this virus. This is especially important because Donald Trump has spent three years dismantling the CDC's Pandemic Response team and cutting funding to the CDC, so there really hasn't been much done since the first outbreak in China, other than closing the border.

So the USA is way behind the 8-ball here, and need to start believing the hiring and believing the scientists and start doing as they're told for a change. But most importantly, the Trump Administration needs to let the experts speak and stop trying to control a message they don't want getting out.

People don't need political pablum and fake reasurrances at this point. They need solid information on how to protect themselves and their families, as well as a realistic assessment as to what the risks are. What happens to the market is FUCKING IRRELEVANT. It is what happens to the people that matters.

When Trump's loyalists all go to great lengths to dismiss people's concerns, while Trump stands up an babbles idiotically at the news conference about a non-existant vaccine which is, at best 12 months away, while offering nothing about what supplies you should have in your medicine chest, what symptons to look our for, and how to best protect yourself and your family, you're going to start a panic.

In the face of every crisis he has faced since his inauguration, Trump and his minions have lied to the American people. Trump has been fortunate to this point that he's never had to face a REAL national emergency. He's trying to manufacture national emergencies for his own political gain, and those went badly. This is a real national emergency.

Every President faces national emergency tests, and how the manage them will determine what their legacy will be. W had 9/11 and he passed that test of uniting the nation, but then blew it with the Iraq war. His second test was Hurricane Katrina, and W failed that one utterly. It showed the folly of creating a giant Homeland Security Agency and then awarding all of the top positions contracts to your buddies, lobbyists and friends.

Obama had the world economic meltdown, and he passed that one with flying colours. Foreign affairs were less successful, but there are no good answers there. Peace was achieved in the western hemisphere, but the Middle East continues to be a mess. Afghanistan is an utter failure, from Day 1 to today.

This is Donald Trump's test. This is where he gets to save the nation and help save the world. If he's up to it. Handing the job off to Mike Pence looks an awful lot like he's looking for a fall guy. What happened to the man who said "I alone can fix it"?

This is you get to see if you really did elect the Great and Powerful Oz, or the pathetic little conman behind the curtain.
For Trump and his supporters this is only about politics.

Had nothing to do with politics although the lib media is pushing it.

To some extent it's more of the right that make this more political.

Of all the consonants and vowels for Any word let’s look at a key element of “corona”

Corona
Co**n*

Well I c an not blame the democrats for taking thier swings it is the way the game is played. As long as a response is funded they have done thier job and they have funded the issue. Trump even said they offered more money than needed. I hope he was right. What I did not hear was how the money was going to be spent. That is what I am most interested in. The sad reality is they could give me a list of expendatures and I would not know if they were needed. I don't know shit about stopping pandimics. All I can hope is that the right people get the money and this situation is taken care of as soon as possible. I make a living on tourism so I am a bit worried about my pay check at the moment.
60 cases and no deaths. What now?
If you are a liberal, pray for more
More people have died from pneumonia in the USA in the last 24 hours than any of this fakery
yep, I posted those figures yesterday.
Stunning how it’s ignored over their pet end of mankind meme
BTW, the count is still 60 in the US and no deaths. Two of those are recovered in Chicago and no one else here got it. how the fk is that even fking possible? Oh, and no one went out and bought masks then.
Thank Trumpy.

If you are a liberal, pray for more
More people have died from pneumonia in the USA in the last 24 hours than any of this fakery
yep, I posted those figures yesterday.
Stunning how it’s ignored over their pet end of mankind meme
BTW, the count is still 60 in the US and no deaths. Two of those are recovered in Chicago and no one else here got it. how the fk is that even fking possible? Oh, and no one went out and bought masks then.
Thank Trumpy.

They don’t know how many have it because they don’t have a test yet.

No he doesn't recognize anything. He was singing praises for a third world dump to the south of florida. Again, he's a hypocrite and he's got you fooled.
Would that "third world dump...south of Florida" be among the sovereign states that have been looted by US corporations over the past century?
slide_16.jpg

The Height of US Imperialism. The American-Filipino War, /1913 On the eve of the vote to ratify the Treaty of Paris, Filipinos rose in revolt. - ppt download

"The United States of America has been in the Caribbean since the late19th century.

"The USA imperial tendencies can seen via its interference and manipulation in the economic and political affairs of the Caribbean.

"The USA interference can be seen historically in countries such as Nicaragua, Columbia, Panama, Honduras, Dominican Republic , Haiti, Mexico, Guatemala, Jamaica, Guyana, Puerto Rico and Grenada."

The USA in the Caribbean

The lifestyle you and I enjoy today came at the expense of millions of victims of US imperialism.

The biggest problem with the Coronavirus is the hysterical media coverage. 24/7 cable news is milking it for all it's worth.

Market down but rallied 500 in last hour. They are starting to see the end of mankind con is not working and causing panic like they hoped. The market is too good to legitimately correct like this so the manipulation effort is losing steam.

Ask how many US residents have been screened for the virus. Has anyone you know been tested?
No instead of redirecting to another theoretical question as a deflection, go ahead and answer the question he posed
Lib 101 tricks don’t work

LIB----------> we have to do something!

CON--------> Ok, what do think we should do?

LIB---------> Test everyone in the country!

CON-------> Is that legal to force tests? What if we offer free tests, and people say no?

LIB---------> Do what we always do, blame Trump! Orange man baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

CON------> Well then, why not ask the House to pass a law that everyone is required to get tested!

LIB---------> You kidding me, we will be called a police state instantly and never get elected. Better to blame Orange man-)

and that's on trump how?
Even as China was announcing its death toll from the novel coronavirus had exceeded its fatalities from SARs, Trump released his 2021 budget that slashed defense spending against epidemics by 18%. Are you surprised when a pathological liar whose arrogance is matched only by his ignorance is clueless when it comes to national defense?
donald-trump-0228201.jpg

and that's on trump how?
Even as China was announcing its death toll from the novel coronavirus had exceeded its fatalities from SARs, Trump released his 2021 budget that slashed defense spending against epidemics by 18%. Are you surprised when a pathological liar whose arrogance is matched only by his ignorance is clueless when it comes to national defense?
donald-trump-0228201.jpg
so? He's America's president, not China's.

If this outbreak was first noticed in China in December,why has the FDOH (Florida dept of health) sent out notices to the schools that they have been monitoring this since November. I want my info from the health professionals and not having to be approved by the White House. No,I am not panicking and we are prepared,just like hurricane season.

If this outbreak was first noticed in China in December,why has the FDOH (Florida dept of health) sent out notices to the schools that they have been monitoring this since November. I want my info from the health professionals and not having to be approved by the White House. No,I am not panicking and we are prepared,just like hurricane season.
why are you against trump for stopping all travel to and from China? you all are a bunch of fking monkey's that have no clue which way is up.

Dude, I just heard the governor of CA is about to start announcing thousands of his people have the virus. Are you ready for the political end to turn? Ready or not. They want to destroy america. It really isn't more evidenced than this new threat to the world. they will make it about trump.
Trump did not cause the virus and there is no conspiracy behind the virus. Trump can fuck up the response to the virus but that remains to be seen. Will he takes some lumps for the virus,yes. When you are in charge you blamed for things you had nothing to do with and get credit for things you had nothing to do with. It has never been any different.

Thank you.
Black Swan events are best handled in a bi-partisan effort; but the Dimms hate Trump so much that it ain't happening!
Well I c an not blame the democrats for taking thier swings it is the way the game is played. As long as a response is funded they have done thier job and they have funded the issue. Trump even said they offered more money than needed. I hope he was right. What I did not hear was how the money was going to be spent. That is what I am most interested in. The sad reality is they could give me a list of expendatures and I would not know if they were needed. I don't know shit about stopping pandimics. All I can hope is that the right people get the money and this situation is taken care of as soon as possible. I make a living on tourism so I am a bit worried about my pay check at the moment.
if it continues with no deaths I guess we just do not worry to much at leasat about our health. I am not sue how to mitigate financial loss from supply chain problems or turn down in buisness. I will look for more ways to make money in case it effects my pay. Not sure what else we as individuals can do. I read an experts opinion on what the government should be doing and they said the first thing we should do is develope quick cheap tests for the virus to identify where it is should be the first step. SGive hospitals extra suplies is the next step and figure out quarintines after. Hope they know what they are doing.

Forum List

Back