Let's Talk Eggplant

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
Eggplants, those purple things considered a vegetable.......I've never eaten it before. So what does it taste like? Do you like it? What recipes do you use it in??

And as a bonus question........have you ever grown it in your garden? How easy/difficult is it to grow??

Any & all info would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to include something new in the garden and at the table. TIA:)

Eggplants, those purple things considered a vegetable.......I've never eaten it before. So what does it taste like? Do you like it? What recipes do you use it in??

And as a bonus question........have you ever grown it in your garden? How easy/difficult is it to grow??

Any & all info would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to include something new in the garden and at the table. TIA:)
You can't say Egg_______t without being a racist.

No.....just no.

Oh come on, just try a bite.

iu

I'll give you my brother. I suspect he'd be a fine eggplant substitution.

To each their own. There are a few foods, well more than a few I wouldn't even consider eating. :thup:

I tried squid once. It took me 17 years to chew that crap and I think in the end I just gave up and let it slither down my throat.

Mostly just sliced, fried, in mixture of flour and cornmeal as you might do okra. My mother and grandmother raised it most years. If you can grow watermelon you can grow eggplant, though you probably need to stake it like tomatoes.

Take your pick! There's more information about eggplants in these three links than you'll ever need to know. I eat them raw and cooked. Eat the purple skin, not just the meat of the plant. They are good to eat if prepared while fresh.

Never eat a moldy eggplant.

Forum List

Back