Let's see if I have this right.

Rozman

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2009
Brooklyn,NY
The Democrats have the White House,and both houses of Congress. They had the sixty votes
necessary to pass the bill. Now I see Democrat senator after senator on MSNBC complaining about the bill.

Harry Reid on the floor of the Senate crying that while he's speaking Americans are dying
because they don't have health care.

Isn't it true that the full effect of this bill doesn't take effect until 4 years from now.

This has to be a real bad movie that we are all watching. Please people we need to get these Democrats out of power as quickly as possible.:eusa_pray:

The Democrats have the White House,and both houses of Congress. They had the sixty votes
necessary to pass the bill. Now I see Democrat senator after senator on MSNBC complaining about the bill.

Harry Reid on the floor of the Senate crying that while he's speaking Americans are dying

Isn't it true that the full effect of this bill doesn't take effect until 4 years from now.

This has to be a real bad movie that we are all watching. Please people we need to get these Democrats out of power as quickly as possible.:eusa_pray:

Do you want to get the Democrats out of power to put in better Democrats or to put the Republicans back in power? If the latter, how much sooner do you estimate the Republicans would be saving those lives?

Of course the bill sucks now. 40 million or so of lobbyist money has been spent to achieve on of the following goals.

1.. Kill heealthcare reform.
2.. Kill it by making the bill something no one wants.
3.. Make sure if it passes it is favorable to those contributing the lobbyist monies.

Perhaps we will likely have a mix of 2 and 3.

Did You read my post?....The people who put this bill together don't like it. and your answer to that is to point the finger at the Republicans....The leader of the Senate says we need to do this now and the bill doesn't kick in for 4 years,and you point the finger at the Republicans..

I give up. We are doomed as a country with these guys in power. Spend,Spend,Spend.....and have it do nothing. I can't wait for the second coronation of the boy king at the State of the Union speech when the media crowns the King....again.

Did You read my post?....The people who put this bill together don't like it. and your answer to that is to point the finger at the Republicans....The leader of the Senate says we need to do this now and the bill doesn't kick in for 4 years,and you point the finger at the Republicans..

I give up. We are doomed as a country with these guys in power. Spend,Spend,Spend.....and have it do nothing. I can't wait for the second coronation of the boy king at the State of the Union speech when the media crowns the King....again.

What... you were expecting reason....:lol:

Who created the messes they are trying to clean up?

I dont think the republics did anything but make the messes

Jeeze. Last I heard Truth. The Dems had control of Congress for what, 50 years. You honestly don't think they are responsible for any of THIS MESS?

LBJ unlocked the lockbox on SS and look at the mess thats in. Last I heard Medicare and Welfare were put in place by Democratics Look at the mess those programs are in.

The Reps played their part as well by spending like drunken sailors when they had control of Congress. They aren't innocent but they sure didn't do anything by themselves. The Dems had control for the last 2 years and they did nothing but spend as well. They are still spending with money we ain't got.

We'll just see where this clusterfuck of a healthcare bill leads us. My guess it will be right to the poor house. The only folks who won't be affected are those who are already living on the largesse of the taxpayers of America. Their little EBT cards will always have money in em.

Jeeze. Last I heard Truth. The Dems had control of Congress for what, 50 years. You honestly don't think they are responsible for any of THIS MESS?you heard wrong

LBJ unlocked the lockbox on SS and look at the mess thats in. Last I heard Medicare and Welfare were put in place by Democratics Look at the mess those programs are in.
how many would have died without these programs
The Reps played their part as well by spending like drunken sailors when they had control of Congress. They aren't innocent but they sure didn't do anything by themselves.they pushed for deregulation and refusing to police the industry, hell bush even fought ALL 50 states governors when they tried to put in place state laws to regulate the mortgage industry state by state. Yes they got some help from assholes like Clinton who fucked us all by signing Phil Grams GLB act but its republican platform to deregulate and NOT dem platform The Dems had control for the last 2 years and they did nothing but spend as well. They are still spending with money we ain't got.
where was all your outrage when reagan was ballooning the deficit, or Bush one or Bush 2
We'll just see where this clusterfuck of a healthcare bill leads us. My guess it will be right to the poor house. The only folks who won't be affected are those who are already living on the largesse of the taxpayers of America. Their little EBT cards will always have money in em.
All the western countries have single payer healthcare and they will be competeing with our corps who have to pay half of their employees health care premiums. How the fuck do you think they will fare against other western corps who are free of this cost? Universal single payer healthcare is going to happen in this country. Its a matter of how long and how we end up there. Republicans defend the exsisting insurance assholes hwo have seen under Bush unbelieveable profit. How much would healthcare cost without the profit these leaches gleen out of the sytem? You people are really fucking short sited.

where did I point the finger at republicans in particular?
And we even got an amen or two from the right wing choir :)

Guilty concience?

my post you replied to:

Of course the bill sucks now. 40 million or so of lobbyist money has been spent to achieve on of the following goals.

3.. Make sure if it passes it is favorable to those contributing the lobbyist monies.

Last edited:

yep, they gotta have four years to tax the crap outta us while they let 45 thousand Americans die,,each year,, 180 thousands Americans have to pay with their lives so the demoncwats can run their ponzi scheme.{it's a ponzi scheme that would put Murdoch to shame." I forgot who said that.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I guess if you guys didn't elect Democrats that could be bought, we wouldn't be in this spot. People of principle that made sure it was something people wanted. Gee, I'd even take Congresspersons that could see over 61% of Americans don't want their plan.

Come now Truth, you know that the mess that congress created is the result of both parties not listening to those they represent and freely doing as they wish or as those on K Street wish them too. That is why the current healthcare bill doesn't even have a basic premise in it that the Democrat party themselves put in their party plank in Denver in 2008. We have seen the results of years of people wishing for change then turing around and voting for the same people who have been there and hoping that they will change. The only way that anyone will ever see the results they desire from these individuals, regardless of what that may be is to STOP voting for those that have gotten us there in the first place. Let me give you an example, while I'm sure some Senator is a good person, but frankly if they don't accomplish anything after being there for 20 plus years then perhaps to expect anything close to change is a lot to hope for. No matter what party that Senator belongs too.

I guess if you guys didn't elect Democrats that could be bought, we wouldn't be in this spot. People of principle that made sure it was something people wanted. Gee, I'd even take Congresspersons that could see over 61% of Americans don't want their plan.

You are saying that none of the elected republicans in congress can be bought?

Why are you helping Rozman skewer himself?

You are saying that none of the elected republicans in congress can be bought?

Why are you helping Rozman skewer himself?

Well, let's count the votes for the bill by Republicans USCitizen. How many did you come up with? 100% integrity in the Senate. Almost the same in the House. At least Judas had the sense to hang himself.

Obama killed real reform by squashing an amendment that would allow buying medication across statelines to lower the costs of perscriptions.

He worked out a deal with Big Pharm....so real reform isn't on the way.

But isn't this the way Washington has always worked anyway....regardless of who is in charge.

Of the 60 nominal votes, not all are certain. And one of those is Lieberman..

Of the 60 nominal votes, not all are certain. And one of those is Lieberman..

It's too late now. It doesn't matter if they change their votes after the fact. The damage is done and all the Dems need now is 51 votes.

Forum List

Back