Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Taking the bible as literal truth is the same kind of internet troll.

I tell the absolute truth. The Apostles all told the truth, but were different men. They even fought with each other.

The truth with you is it doesn't matter which apostle or follower (believer) it is. You believe in Satan as your lord. You want to be like God like him. He is the "god of the world and prince of the power of the air." You believe lies because you are those which you criticize and you believe and live these lies in your heart. Reap what you sow, my man. Reap what you sow.

Can one change this path of Satan? Certainly. One must repent. Even a murderer is forgiven.

What does one such as you know about forgiveness? Never saw a holier-than-thou judgemental bible thumper yet that was actually capable of forgiving anything. You have self-satisfied little fantasies about how you will laugh last as everyone who ever wronged you burns in hell.

True, and I can't control that. I can only control myself. Just like you can only control yourself. So you can choose to see these literally and dismiss them or you can look for the truth in them. Your call.
We're on the same page. I read the Bible as theology not as history or science. I've always considered many ethical teachings in the NT to be myths but truths. Like GW and the cherry tree, the story is made up but the idea of GW being honest is true.
There is history in the Bible, but some context is required to understand it. Of course there are other literary styles as well.

But we aren't on exactly the same page because I do believe God created the material world and that he does care deeply about us.

There is history in the Bible, but some context is required to understand it. Of course there are other literary styles as well.

But we aren't on exactly the same page because I do believe God created the material world and that he does care deeply about us.
I see no evidence of any caring but then again, I'm not yet dead. Yes there is history in the Bible and context is required to understand it, that context being the theology of the writer. Historical accuracy is always secondary to the theology.

Read your own post...
You made a statement that was easily proven to be incorrect and then attempted to divert with an ad hominem.
I did and if it was easily proven to be incorrect why didn't you prove it?
An article on the Internet isn’t good enough for you when that’s exactly how you try to prove your points?
And don’t tell me you were too occupied to take 5 seconds to Google what I Googled.

I hope you weren’t on a Debate Team because you suck at debate.
Your strawman would be unacceptable on any Debate Team
How old are you?
Why?
Let me guess...
PhD
College Professor
Never allowed a student to freely debate you, which explains your out-of-context, out-of-sequence seizures
Never truly earned a penny in your life in the non-Academic environment
Would be ridiculed and fired for actually doing independent research on any given subject

Don't feel bad, most of my Liberal family lives in your Private Idaho.

Read your own post...
You made a statement that was easily proven to be incorrect and then attempted to divert with an ad hominem.
An article on the Internet isn’t good enough for you when that’s exactly how you try to prove your points?
And don’t tell me you were too occupied to take 5 seconds to Google what I Googled.

How old are you?
Why?
Let me guess...
PhD
College Professor
Never allowed a student to freely debate you, which explains your out-of-context, out-of-sequence seizures
Would be ridiculed and fired for actually doing independent research on any given subject

100% wrong. A+

Read your own post...

How old are you?
Why?
Let me guess...
PhD
College Professor

100% wrong. A+
Yet you have not yet responded.
An alternative, yet still embarrassing scenario?

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this.

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL

Atheists are to religion as not collecting stamps is to a hobby.

There is no religion of atheism.

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this.

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL

It's not religion; it's ego.
Someone who does not believe in God generally mocks anyone who does not agree with them on any subject.
Those who profess to believe in God and act like Egoists believe they themselves are God.

Earthquakes causing floods...
You got it wrong.
What do you do for a living?
I wrote:
There is no evidence for a global flood in the last 10,000 years. Splitting the land causes earthquakes, not the other way round. No evidence for that either.
I see nothing about earthquakes and floods.
You’re very close to making a complete ass out of yourself.
You are purposely quoting all the posts you made and not my responses showing you’re intellectually dishonest.
Now go back and read the last 30 posts in sequence because anyone reading this Thread already knows you’re an idiot.
Now go back and read the last 30 posts in sequence because anyone reading this Thread already knows you’re an idiot.
you think to highly of yourself - at least you began limiting the fairy tale to less than a global flood before reverting back to endorse the forgery at face value. surly you were thinking of the wildlife and are aware for your versions corruption seen by the young and innocent.

Earthquakes causing floods...
You got it wrong.
What do you do for a living?
I wrote:
There is no evidence for a global flood in the last 10,000 years. Splitting the land causes earthquakes, not the other way round. No evidence for that either.
I see nothing about earthquakes and floods.
You’re very close to making a complete ass out of yourself.
You are purposely quoting all the posts you made and not my responses showing you’re intellectually dishonest.
you think to highly of yourself - at least you began limiting the fairy tale to less than a global flood before reverting back to endorse the forgery at face value. surly you were thinking of the wildlife and are aware for your versions corruption seen by the young and innocent.
I think I show responsibility in a discussion to actually read the material being discussed.
It's not atheism that bothers me, it's assholes posting that the Torah says something it doesn't say.
And no matter how many times assholes (aka atheists) are corrected on that, they continue to do so and remain assholes.

Take a professional asshole like Christopher Hitchens.
He has spent the last 20 years (check out YouTube videos) misquoting Torah verses.
He is told to his face what the verse(s) actually say, and he responds by saying, "I'm going to look into that...I promise you!".
And then he continues to repeat the same lies for 20 years knowing his fellow assholes (aka atheists) will never look it up.

I don't blame Hitchens; he won't look it up because if he stopped lying, he would lose his income.

I see no evidence of any caring but then again, I'm not yet dead. Yes there is history in the Bible and context is required to understand it, that context being the theology of the writer. Historical accuracy is always secondary to the theology.
That’s probably just because you don't want to. You still can’t get past the bathwater. Your loss.

It’s not that the historical accuracy is secondary. It depends on the literary style and the age of the accounts.

Regards
DL

Behaviors say otherwise.

Read your own post...

How old are you?
Why?
Let me guess...
PhD
College Professor

100% wrong. A+
You seem overly concerned about my resume. Do you hope I'm a unemployed failure, living in my mom's basement so you can justify your feelings of superiority? Maybe I am, maybe I'm not, but either way my writing is all you need to know.

Read your own post...

How old are you?
Why?
Let me guess...
PhD
College Professor

100% wrong. A+
You seem overly concerned about my resume. Do you hope I'm a unemployed failure, living in my mom's basement so you can justify your feelings of superiority? Maybe I am, maybe I'm not, but either way my writing is all you need to know.
I am hoping you are an intelligent person who has been indoctrinated to robotically accept whatever he hears from his assumed peers or superiors who can be intellectually honest when no one is looking over his shoulder.

That’s probably just because you don't want to. You still can’t get past the bathwater. Your loss.

It’s not that the historical accuracy is secondary. It depends on the literary style and the age of the accounts.
I can just as easily turn it back on you and say you believe what you believe because you want to.

I think I've managed to save the baby. There are Christian values I try to emulate, love your neighbor for example, and there are Christian values I will not endorse, religion is more important than family, for example.

In some regards you're correct and I should have said "Historical accuracy is almost always secondary to the theology" since there are parts of the NT that would not be there if the story were pure fiction.

I am hoping you are an intelligent person who has been indoctrinated to robotically accept whatever he hears from his assumed peers or superiors who can be intellectually honest when no one is looking over his shoulder.
I like to think I'm intelligent and honest but I'll let others be the judge. I think if I robotically accepted ideas I wouldn't be on USMB writing to someone so very different from me.

I can just as easily turn it back on you and say you believe what you believe because you want to.

I think I've managed to save the baby. There are Christian values I try to emulate, love your neighbor for example, and there are Christian values I will not endorse, religion is more important than family, for example.

In some regards you're correct and I should have said "Historical accuracy is almost always secondary to the theology" since there are parts of the NT that would not be there if the story were pure fiction.
Sure you could but the difference is I have reasons for believing what something is, you have arguments against my beliefs. You can’t make an affirmative case for your beliefs. I can. But more importantly I have tested my beliefs. How have you tested your non-belief? Look I’m not trying to convince you. I really couldn’t care less what you do. You seem like a nice guy. Better than most that I converse with on this board. But I think you aren’t being objective.

I’m not sure where you got the idea that Christianity teaches religion is more important than family. Religion isn’t God. To many atheists here confuse the two. For that matter too many persons of faith do too.

With that said there actually is a practical aspect to the order God, Country and Family. But that has nothing to do with religion or theology. It’s more about logic.

My personal observation about you is that you are letting religion get in the way of your relationship with God. Or I should more accurately say, you are letting your biases about religion get in your way.

Each book and sometimes each chapter need to be evaluated on a case by case basis. The 1st 11 chapters of Genesis stand alone. I am appalled by man’s misunderstanding of these chapters; both believers and non-believers.

Forum List

Back