Should private agencies contracted with the government and receive tax $ be allowed to discriminate

• Total voters
So you oppose gender affirming surgery for minors?

Define minors? What age ? 5 years olds? Pre teens? Teens? 17 year olds? I do not categorically oppose surgery for older minors. as I said , caution is necessary. Denying such care is cruel and can and has proven deadly. As I also said, you are woefully uninformed on the subject

Define minors? What age ? 5 years olds? Pre teens? Teens? 17 year olds? I do not categorically oppose surgery for older minors. as I said , caution is necessary. Denying such care is cruel and can and has proven deadly. As I also said, you are woefully uninformed on the subject

If you are not opposed to “gender affirming” surgery for minors then you favor removing healthy body parts from children. Using different words doesn’t change how cruel that is.

Just a couple of comments about the lesbian couple in the story.

1 - they can’t afford “thousands of dollars” for a private adoption? Has anyone sat them down and explained the costs of raising kids?

One of them is a lawyer, and they are that broke? That part of the story sounds a little hanky…

2 - they tried expensive in vitro fertilization? Did their doctor ever sit them down and say ladies, the reason y’all are not getting pregnant is that y’all are both women? Why not just try the natural method of getting pregnant that has worked for about 1 million years now for humans?

3 - did they try any other agencies? Doesn’t the LGT community have any charities that help place children and foster care, if they care so much about this issue? If they don’t, is there anything preventing them? Or is that the choice they make?

Honestly, this seems more and more like a cause looking for a case, rather than a case that leads to a cause.

It seems that due to their hostility, the Catholic Church is targeted by the LGBT folk for this.

If you are not opposed to “gender affirming” surgery for minors then you favor removing healthy body parts from children. Using different words doesn’t change how cruel that is.
You continue to dumb it down using inflammatory sound bites and demonstrating a profound level of ignorance of the subject. Older teens who have been undergoing the transitioning process for years are in a position to make an informed decision about gender. Denying them that choice can mean suicide. Those healthy body parts are no good to a dead kid. I do not care to continue this pissing match until you give me some indication that you have at least made an effort to understand the issue. At this point it is clear that you are just spouting off with pre programed ideas that you really do not understand

What's stopping degenerate queers from setting up and operating adoption agencies for refugees? Given the government's racist and prejudicial policies, such a group would be given preferential treatment. Queers need to stop whining and suing and actually take advantage of the opportunities that are clearly available.

You continue to dumb it down using inflammatory sound bites and demonstrating a profound level of ignorance of the subject. Older teens who have been undergoing the transitioning process for years are in a position to make an informed decision about gender. Denying them that choice can mean suicide. Those healthy body parts are no good to a dead kid. I do not care to continue this pissing match until you give me some indication that you have at least made an effort to understand the issue. At this point it is clear that you are just spouting off with pre programed ideas that you really do not understand
Show me the studies that prove that denying "gender affirming" surgery leads to increased suicide. That would be a neat trick, in a population already stricken with mental illness that is associated with a higher suicide rate regardless of "treatment."

But, I'll read whatever study you are relying on. Just make sure to link the actual study, not an article that supposedly interprets the study.

Thanks.

What's stopping degenerate queers from setting up and operating adoption agencies for refugees? Given the government's racist and prejudicial policies, such a group would be given preferential treatment. Queers need to stop whining and suing and actually take advantage of the opportunities that are clearly available.
Gay PEOPLE do not need to have their own adoption agencies for the same reason that blacks do not need to have their own schools, lunch counters , water fountains and bathrooms. YOU need to stop whining and look in the mirror beffore you call anyone prejudice

Gay PEOPLE do not need to have their own adoption agencies for the same reason that blacks do not need to have their own schools, lunch counters , water fountains and bathrooms. YOU need to stop whining and look in the mirror beffore you call anyone prejudice
Apparently they do or they wouldn't be whining. Instead of actually doing something for themselves they expect everyone to do it for them. That level of entitlement simply makes them contemptible.

Apparently they do or they wouldn't be whining. Instead of actually doing something for themselves they expect everyone to do it for them. That level of entitlement simply makes them contemptible.
Yes they feel entitled. Entitled to be treated the same as everyone else If you thing that makes them contemptible , then YOU are far more contemptable

2 - they tried expensive in vitro fertilization? Did their doctor ever sit them down and say ladies, the reason y’all are not getting pregnant is that y’all are both women? Why not just try the natural method of getting pregnant that has worked for about 1 million years now for humans?
Holy shit Seymour !! This is very disappointing! Although I do not agree with you on much, I had a modicum of respect for you in that you at least try to have a civil, adult level discussion. You just blew it with this codswallop. If you think that these women were trying to conceive without male sperm, you no longer have any credibility Or maybe you’re trying to gaslight me and make me question what is meant by in vitro fertilization?. Either way it makes you look pretty stupid

More incoherent blatherskite You need to work on your writing and organizational skills. I have better things to do than try to decipher this claptrap
LOGIC "I have better thnigs to do" But what are you doing in fact ? Not the better things

Really, many on here see that you just talk,whatever comes out of your mouth.

Show me the studies that prove that denying "gender affirming" surgery leads to increased suicide. That would be a neat trick, in a population already stricken with mental illness that is associated with a higher suicide rate regardless of "treatment."

But, I'll read whatever study you are relying on. Just make sure to link the actual study, not an article that supposedly interprets the study.

Thanks.

Many transgender young people experience family rejection, bullying and harassment, or feel unsafe for simply being who they are - all of which can be added risk factors for suicide. Earlier this year, HRC released its 2018 LGBTQ Youth Report, which detailed similarly alarming experiences -- but also significant perseverance among LGBTQ young people in the face of daunting challenges.

There are steps that can be taken to help prevent this tragedy.

HRC Foundation’s Welcoming Schools program provides specific guidance to parents, teachers and the wider community for preventing anti-LGBTQ bullying and aggression in schools. This can be as simple as responding appropriately to anti-LGBTQ comments in the classroom, or encouraging educators to promote inclusivit

“[W]hile bullying and cyberbullying is an important factor, it is not the only factor. Other factors related to feeling supported at home, at school, and in their communities are likely also very important.”
— Dr. Ian Colman

Still waiting for you to provide the promised studies on same sex parenting

I am not prjudice against Catholics or any other religion. I am however, intollerent of anyone who weaponized their religion and imposes it on others.

They have adopted a draconian interpretation of what is required of Catholics that is not shared by all Catholics Again, I wonder what the Pope’s view on this would be. Even if they believe that Homosexuality is wrong, they could, if they chose to take the position that allowing Lesbians to foster children is not contributing to or condoning homosexuality, but benefiting the children
So if you are lesbian you are ipso facto fit to be a parent.
Have you ever seen a more disgusting parent than Pete or Elton. This is torturing kids.

after Elton John left his wife, ruining her life, he found a homosexual man and got some kids.
Will they be beat up at school , YOU BET THes are your parents, can you be proud of them
1705324188134.png

For you to deny that a person's mental sickness can be a reason for at least some to be Trans, undoes your whole argument. And I let the good will and wisdom of readers see what is wrong with you

Thanks.

The organization said its peer-reviewed research paper found that gender-affirming hormone therapy, also known as GAHT, is significantly related to lower rates of depression, suicidal thoughts, and suicide attempts by young people who identify as transgender and/or nonbinary.

For you to deny that a person's mental sickness can be a reason for at least some to be Trans, undoes your whole argument. And I let the good will and wisdom of readers see what is wrong with you
Trans people hurt themselves as a result of being tormented by people like you. You have blood on your hands

Bigotry is a mental illness

Holy shit Seymour !! This is very disappointing! Although I do not agree with you on much, I had a modicum of respect for you in that you at least try to have a civil, adult level discussion. You just blew it with this codswallop. If you think that these women were trying to conceive without male sperm, you no longer have any credibility Or maybe you’re trying to gaslight me and make me question what is meant by in vitro fertilization?. Either way it makes you look pretty stupid
You have nothing, so you pretend to be too offended to participate. Nothing I said was disrespectful to you or anyone else.

I'm sure you do know what IFV is. What I dont' know is whether you are aware of the success rate for that expensive treatment? Seems that the better option is to find a male willing to impregnate one or both of them in a very clinical way - that is avoiding emotional attachment - and just have heterosexual sex for a week or so.

Even if they don't want a male involved with the child - and I know that many "feminists" really are that hostile to males - It turns out that having intercourse while attempting IVF increases the chanes of success.

Abstract​

Intercourse during an IVF cycle has the potential to improve pregnancy rates since exposure to semen is reported to promote embryo development and implantation in animals. Conversely, coitus-induced uterine contractions or introduction of infection may have a detrimental effect. A multicentre prospective randomized control trial was conducted to determine if intercourse during the peri-transfer period of an IVF cycle has any influence on pregnancy success. Participants undergoing thawed embryo transfer (Australian centre) or fresh embryo transfers (Spanish centres) were randomized either to abstain or to engage in vaginal intercourse around the time of embryo transfer. The transfer of 1343 embryos during 478 cycles of IVF resulted in 107 pregnancies (22.4%), with 125 viable embryos remaining by 6–8 weeks gestation. There was no significant difference between the intercourse and abstain groups in relation to the pregnancy rate (23.6 and 21.2% respectively), but the proportion of transferred embryos that were viable at 6–8 weeks was significantly higher in women exposed to semen compared to those who abstained (11.01 versus 7.69 viable embryos per 100 transferred embryos, P = 0.036, odds ratio 1.48, 95% confidence interval 1.01-2.19). Hence exposure to semen around the time of embryo transfer increases the likelihood of successful early embryo implantation and development.

Let that sink in: Women not only need to have a fertilized egg implanted, but to ensure that the baby stays viable, they need to be exposed to semen. Why is this not being publicized to lesbians who want to be parents? I think the answer is obvious.

But, if you're "too offended" to have a conversation, feel free to leave the threat to me.

BTW: if you cite a study, that is how to do it. Not some article in popular media.

SIGH

The Human Rights Campaign is not a professional academic journal. Here is the summary of the research it references:

OBJECTIVES:
Our primary objective was to examine prevalence rates of suicide behavior across 6 gender identity groups: female; male; transgender, male to female; transgender, female to male; transgender, not exclusively male or female; and questioning. Our secondary objective was to examine variability in the associations between key sociodemographic characteristics and suicide behavior across gender identity groups.

METHODS:
Data from the Profiles of Student Life: Attitudes and Behaviors survey (N = 120 617 adolescents; ages 11–19 years) were used to achieve our objectives. Data were collected over a 36-month period: June 2012 to May 2015. A dichotomized self-reported lifetime suicide attempts (never versus ever) measure was used. Prevalence statistics were compared across gender identity groups, as were the associations between sociodemographic characteristics (ie, age, parents’ highest level of education, urbanicity, sexual orientation, and race and/or ethnicity) and suicide behavior.

RESULTS:
Nearly 14% of adolescents reported a previous suicide attempt; disparities by gender identity in suicide attempts were found. Female to male adolescents reported the highest rate of attempted suicide (50.8%), followed by adolescents who identified as not exclusively male or female (41.8%), male to female adolescents (29.9%), questioning adolescents (27.9%), female adolescents (17.6%), and male adolescents (9.8%). Identifying as nonheterosexual exacerbated the risk for all adolescents except for those who did not exclusively identify as male or female (ie, nonbinary). For transgender adolescents, no other sociodemographic characteristic was associated with suicide attempts.

CONCLUSIONS:
Suicide prevention efforts can be enhanced by attending to variability within transgender populations, particularly the heightened risk for female to male and nonbinary transgender adolescents.

Notice it says nothing about gender affirming care, or the lack of it. Nothing at all.

The second study, at least addressed gender affirming hormones. But it did not address gender-affirming surgery, which was what you claimed leads to reduced suicide rates. Let's take a look at that study, even though it does not support your assertion about surgery:

Purpose

There are no large-scale studies examining mental health among transgender and nonbinary youth who receive gender-affirming hormone therapy (GAHT). The purpose of this study is to examine associations among access to GAHT with depression, thoughts of suicide, and attempted suicide among a large sample of transgender and nonbinary youth.

Methods

Data were collected as part of a 2020 survey of 34,759 lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth aged 13–24, including 11,914 transgender or nonbinary youth. Adjusted logistic regression assessed whether receipt of GAHT was associated with lower levels of depression, thoughts of suicide, and attempted suicide among those who wanted to receive GAHT.

Results

Half of transgender and nonbinary youth said they were not using GAHT but would like to, 36% were not interested in receiving GAHT, and 14% were receiving GAHT. Parent support for their child's gender identity had a strong relationship with receipt of GAHT, with nearly 80% of those who received GAHT reporting they had at least one parent who supported their gender identity. Use of GAHT was associated with lower odds of recent depression (adjusted odds ratio [aOR] = .73, p < .001) and seriously considering suicide (aOR = .74, p < .001) compared to those who wanted GAHT but did not receive it. For youth under age 18, GAHT was associated with lower odds of recent depression (aOR = .61, p < .01) and of a past-year suicide attempt (aOR = .62, p < .05).

Conclusions

Findings support a relationship between access to GAHT and lower rates of depression and suicidality among transgender and nonbinary youth.

Again, those findings are not about gender affirming surgery. But they are also not about suicide, but about self-reports of "seroiusly considering" suicide. So your assertion that:

Older teens who have been undergoing the transitioning process for years are in a position to make an informed decision about gender. Denying them that choice can mean suicide.
Is completely unsupported by either study.

Odd that you were the one who was going to - what were your words? "Destroy" any study I posted that showed the obvious about two opposite sex parents being better than two same-sex parents, for well-rounded child rearing?

In post #150, you demonstrated a layman's ability to analyze research. But you did not use that ability for those two studies. Remember, it is even more important to be sure research that supports your position you is valid. Saves embarassment.

Like this:

Here's an article showing how flawed the research that purports to show equality of same-sex parenting with heterosexual parenting:

Abstract

In 2005, the American Psychological Association (APA) issued an official brief on lesbian and gay parenting. This brief included the assertion: “Not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents” (p. 15). The present article closely examines this assertion and the 59 published studies cited by the APA to support it. Seven central questions address: (1) homogeneous sampling, (2) absence of comparison groups, (3) comparison group characteristics, (4) contradictory data, (5) the limited scope of children’s outcomes studied, (6) paucity of long-term outcome data, and (7) lack of APA-urged statistical power. The conclusion is that strong assertions, including those made by the APA, were not empirically warranted. Recommendations for future research are offered.

Highlights

► A 26 of 59 APA studies on same-sex parenting had no heterosexual comparison groups. ► In comparison studies, single mothers were often used as the hetero comparison group. ► No comparison study had the statistical power required to detect a small effect size. ► Definitive claims were not substantiated by the 59 published studies.

Single mothers as the heterosexual control group? Do you understand how inappropriate that is? Of course two parent of any gender mix would do better than one parent. As we see among our welfare dependency class, single parenthood is very destructive to outcomes for children. But the hustlers of the LGBT movement did not hesitate to use misleading methodology like that.

Here is another:

Abstract

Same-sex marriage is one of the great policy issues of our time, and part of this debate hinges on the ability of same-sex couples to parent. Most gay parenting studies conclude that children raised by gay parents perform as well, if not better, than their counterparts in heterosexual families. This conclusion, which may or may not be true, is not scientifically warranted because of various limitations: Some results are misreported; most of the literature is exploratory and made up of small qualitative samples, biased data, and other research design failures; the studies concentrate on lesbian families; and outcome measures have been limited. Although these problems prevent scientific generalizations, social scientists have treated the preliminary, nonconclusive research as authoritative. Quite naturally, those within public policy circles have adopted this unwarranted position. Regardless of what science ultimately demonstrates about same-sex family structure, it is important to safeguard the research process from political pressures: either anti-gay marriage or pro-gay rights.

And another:

Abstract​

Scholars have noted that survey analysis of small subsamples—for example, same-sex parent families—is sensitive to researchers’ analytical decisions, and even small differences in coding can profoundly shape empirical patterns. As an illustration, we reassess the findings of a recent article by Regnerus regarding the implications of being raised by gay and lesbian parents. Taking a close look at the New Family Structures Study (NFSS), we demonstrate the potential for misclassifying a non-negligible number of respondents as having been raised by parents who had a same-sex romantic relationship. We assess the implications of these possible misclassifications, along with other methodological considerations, by reanalyzing the NFSS in seven steps. The reanalysis offers evidence that the empirical patterns showcased in the original Regnerus article are fragile—so fragile that they appear largely a function of these possible misclassifications and other methodological choices. Our replication and reanalysis of Regnerus’s study offer a cautionary illustration of the importance of double checking and critically assessing the implications of measurement and other methodological decisions in our and others’ research.

I could go on, those were very easy to find on Google Scholar.

Sir, I say this with all respect: If you want to be informed about research, I suggest you first take some courses in how research is conducted, as I did in pursuing my masters degrees, and a PhD. Then, I suggest that you read the research firsthand, and not rely on agendized publications such as The Human Rights Campaign to cherry pick your research for you.

You have nothing, so you pretend to be too offended to participate. Nothing I said was disrespectful to you or anyone else.
I have nothing? Really? You gave me every thing that I need to show what an ass you are. I am not personally offended. But your remarks
Are certainly offensive to gay and lesbian people , not to mention just plain stupid You said “ Did their doctor ever sit them down and say ladies, the reason y’all are not getting pregnant is that y’all are both women? “ If you do not think that that is disrespectful there is something seriously wrong with you

I'm sure you do know what IFV is. What I dont' know is whether you are aware of the success rate for that expensive treatment? Seems that the better option is to find a male willing to impregnate one or both of them in a very clinical way - that is avoiding emotional attachment - and just have heterosexual sex for a week or so.

Even if they don't want a male involved with the child - and I know that many "feminists" really are that hostile to males - It turns out that having intercourse while attempting IVF increases the chanes of success.
Could you "just have gay sex" for a week? More evidence of your ignorance and lack of respect

Forum List

Back