Legalize Grass?

When you are in a recreational state the prices are competitive I get texts from my favorite vegas dispensary offering me 2 for one deal and sales on ounces etc. In Utah, even with a medical card, the State is out of their freaking minds. They want $60.00 for 3.5 grams Robbery!

So what is considered a good price on an OUNCE (or the 1/4 pound). I've never bought weed by the "gram." I used to get killer red Colombian and Acapulco gold (with some seeds of course) for $45 an ounce. Amazing quality. All anyone needs. Then things started getting crazy with the advent of what they used to call "Hawaiian" or something (Gainsville Gold?) that looked prettier and was totally seedless, but not really any or much better tasting or high that sold for $200 an ounce. It was obviously being grown in the USA and someone was getting very rich.

Now I understand they have all these cute names and strains that look bizarre with pretty colors. All one needs is good, natural, basic weed---- just so long as it has Delta-9 THC.

In Canada the dispensaries sell by the gram, based on street prices tied to ounces. So for the sake of clarity : 28 grams = 1 ounce. 14 grams = 1/2 ounce, 7 grams = 1/4 ounce and 3.5 grams is a "half-quarter". Dispensaries vary greatly in price, plus we always have the option of buying online in Canada. All prices are subject to VAT's based on the province of purchase. In Ontario, it's 13% HST, and in Alberta 8% GST.

Our local, small town dispensary sells Pink Kush @ $20 CDn per 3.5 grams, $40 a quarter ounce, and $130 an ounce. I bought a nice basic Indica last week for $110. At Toyko Smoke in Hamilton, that same 3.5 grams of Pink sells for $40 for 3.5 grams, but Tokyo Smoke is a very high end store. Decorator interior, all shiny and fancy.

TS is also located in a high rent RioCan shopping mall, in an area of half million dollars homes. There's always more staff in the place than customers, and it's a busy, busy store. Our small town store is located in a small strip mall in a unit that has been vacant for the past 5 years. There are 4 people working there 1 greeter - can I see your ID please, two cash register attendants to take orders, and one "runner" to pull stock from the back.

There is more to the varieties of cannabis than just cutesy names. I grew a plant this summer with almost no THC and a whole lot of CBD for my arthritis. I doesn't get you high at all, but it eliminates my pain. Pink Kush gives me a nice combo of pain relief and body stone. Instead of waking up two or three times in the night, I sleep right through, and wake up in the morning pain free and good mobility.

My daughter smoked me up on some Diesel one time and we still laugh about the time we tried to make cookies together. I dubbed it "stupid weed" because we were like Cheech and Chong trying to remember how many cups of flour we had put in the dough.

I don't like any of the "cookie" or "candy strains". I find them harsh on the throat. I bought some Afghan Kush a couple of weeks ago, that I will never buy again because it hurt my throat. When my opera singer friend came down with cancer, Toronto Dealer sold me a strain of pot which would be good for her pain, and easy on her throat.

I bought an ounce of Lemon Haze last summer and it was full of seeds. Very nice, lemony flavour, easy on othe throat, nice high. I got close to 100 of them. We're getting them started now, so they'll be ready to plant outdoors come May.

Our local, small town dispensary sells Pink Kush @ $20 CDn per 3.5 grams, $40 a quarter ounce, and $130 an ounce.

Hmm. Pink Kush.
Pink-Kush-i420club-1.jpg
In my day, all this stuff was just called sensimilla. But $130/oz sounds like a

pretty good price.

There is more to the varieties of cannabis than just cutesy names. I grew a plant this summer with almost no THC and a whole lot of CBD for my arthritis. I doesn't get you high at all, but it eliminates my pain.

Most any cannabis can be forced to be high or low THC.

Pink Kush gives me a nice combo of pain relief and body stone.
That's because it is the Indicus variety high in delta-8 thc.

When you are in a recreational state the prices are competitive I get texts from my favorite vegas dispensary offering me 2 for one deal and sales on ounces etc. In Utah, even with a medical card, the State is out of their freaking minds. They want $60.00 for 3.5 grams Robbery!

So what is considered a good price on an OUNCE (or the 1/4 pound). I've never bought weed by the "gram." I used to get killer red Colombian and Acapulco gold (with some seeds of course) for $45 an ounce. Amazing quality. All anyone needs. Then things started getting crazy with the advent of what they used to call "Hawaiian" or something (Gainsville Gold?) that looked prettier and was totally seedless, but not really any or much better tasting or high that sold for $200 an ounce. It was obviously being grown in the USA and someone was getting very rich.

Now I understand they have all these cute names and strains that look bizarre with pretty colors. All one needs is good, natural, basic weed---- just so long as it has Delta-9 THC.

In Canada the dispensaries sell by the gram, based on street prices tied to ounces. So for the sake of clarity : 28 grams = 1 ounce. 14 grams = 1/2 ounce, 7 grams = 1/4 ounce and 3.5 grams is a "half-quarter". Dispensaries vary greatly in price, plus we always have the option of buying online in Canada. All prices are subject to VAT's based on the province of purchase. In Ontario, it's 13% HST, and in Alberta 8% GST.

Our local, small town dispensary sells Pink Kush @ $20 CDn per 3.5 grams, $40 a quarter ounce, and $130 an ounce. I bought a nice basic Indica last week for $110. At Toyko Smoke in Hamilton, that same 3.5 grams of Pink sells for $40 for 3.5 grams, but Tokyo Smoke is a very high end store. Decorator interior, all shiny and fancy.

TS is also located in a high rent RioCan shopping mall, in an area of half million dollars homes. There's always more staff in the place than customers, and it's a busy, busy store. Our small town store is located in a small strip mall in a unit that has been vacant for the past 5 years. There are 4 people working there 1 greeter - can I see your ID please, two cash register attendants to take orders, and one "runner" to pull stock from the back.

There is more to the varieties of cannabis than just cutesy names. I grew a plant this summer with almost no THC and a whole lot of CBD for my arthritis. I doesn't get you high at all, but it eliminates my pain. Pink Kush gives me a nice combo of pain relief and body stone. Instead of waking up two or three times in the night, I sleep right through, and wake up in the morning pain free and good mobility.

My daughter smoked me up on some Diesel one time and we still laugh about the time we tried to make cookies together. I dubbed it "stupid weed" because we were like Cheech and Chong trying to remember how many cups of flour we had put in the dough.

I don't like any of the "cookie" or "candy strains". I find them harsh on the throat. I bought some Afghan Kush a couple of weeks ago, that I will never buy again because it hurt my throat. When my opera singer friend came down with cancer, Toronto Dealer sold me a strain of pot which would be good for her pain, and easy on her throat.

I bought an ounce of Lemon Haze last summer and it was full of seeds. Very nice, lemony flavour, easy on othe throat, nice high. I got close to 100 of them. We're getting them started now, so they'll be ready to plant outdoors come May.

I'm a Sativa girl LOL, most of the people I know prefer Indica. Not that Indica is bad at all it's just a I fall asleep on it when I'm super baked.LOL

I'm a Sativa girl LOL, most of the people I know prefer Indica. Not that Indica is bad at all it's just a I fall asleep on it when I'm super baked.LOL

I suffer from insomnia. I see the falling asleep thing as a feature not a bug. As I’ve gotten older, the insomnia gets worse.

I suffer from insomnia. I see the falling asleep thing as a feature not a bug. As I’ve gotten older, the insomnia gets worse.

I used to have it too for a long time and then it went away I am not sure why. Once in a while I may have a night but not like every night.

They are talking this shit here in Pennsylvania.

I think its a good idea, but it has to be done right.

IMHO, no "Grass Commissions", no special taxes, licenses or regulatory boards, no special "dispensaries".

Allow the weed to be sold in Walmart, Family Dollar, Giant Eagle, Sheetz and Target, as well any mom and pops that want to push the herbs. It would be subject to state sales tax, but nothing outside what someone buying a case of Coke or Pabst.

Eliminate the political plums and patronage out of the Grass Industry, don't let the politicians have a taste.

Lace that shit with some Chinese Fentanyl......and you're gonna get so f**king high..
What I don't understand is why the govt has to be involved in the regulation of the production, acquisition or use of Marijuana at all. A lot of people grow tomatoes , corn, and other vegetable matter with no govt involvement. The Gov is like the Mob " They don't care who gets hurt as long as they get to wet their beak" If it was truly legal the black market would disappear and smugglers from Mexico would be out of business
Government is so deeply involved in the production of alcohol that we have a freaking federal agency sworn in to eliminate unlicensed producers of alcohol. After more than a hundred years it's still (pardon the pun) technically illegal to distil grain alcohol in your own home for your own use. Pot heads can grow the weed for their own use and smoke the stuff until they can't function and nobody cares (except their kids and other drivers on the road) but the dirty little secret is that want the government's authorization to sell it to your kids like freaking tomatoes. You almost gotta laugh.

Stupid idea, pushed by stupid, selfish potheads who don't give a second thought to the lives, families, and communities destroyed by that trash.

I know of no one whose life was destroyed by pot. I know a lot of people whose lives have been helped by the medicinal benefits of the herb, myself included.

I have seen too many bright energetic kids with great futures and unlimited potential, turn in just a few months into unmotivated slugs barely able to keep their blood shot eyes open, and devoid of any ambition or concern for their own welfare, let alone for the outcome of their future. Old hippies and assorted other adult scumbags who just want to indulge their own feel good moment don’t pause to think about what this shit does to children, children, children. Read that carefully, I said children. Their families their communities all of it gets destroyed by this shit and I have seen it far too many times. All this crap about medicinal uses when there are other medicines that perform the same task, or distractions about banning alcohol instead, miss the entire point that careless and irresponsible pieces of shit are all too willing to avoid just so they can sit there and have their little smoky smoky and get a little buzz on for a second. Nothing else matters in the world or for the sake of the entire country except that they can sit and have a little fucking smoke for their little two fucking minutes and their little fucking pointless lives while others lives are ruined by it.

Stupid idea, pushed by stupid, selfish potheads who don't give a second thought to the lives, families, and communities destroyed by that trash.

I know of no one whose life was destroyed by pot. I know a lot of people whose lives have been helped by the medicinal benefits of the herb, myself included.

I have seen too many bright energetic kids with great futures and unlimited potential, turn in just a few months into unmotivated slugs barely able to keep their blood shot eyes open, and devoid of any ambition or concern for their own welfare, let alone for the outcome of their future. Old hippies and assorted other adult scumbags who just want to indulge their own feel good moment don’t pause to think about what this shit does to children, children, children. Read that carefully, I said children. Their families their communities all of it gets destroyed by this shit and I have seen it far too many times. All this crap about medicinal uses when there are other medicines that perform the same task, or distractions about banning alcohol instead, miss the entire point that careless and irresponsible pieces of shit are all too willing to avoid just so they can sit there and have their little smoky smoky and get a little buzz on for a second. Nothing else matters in the world or for the sake of the entire country except that they can sit and have a little fucking smoke for their little two fucking minutes and their little fucking pointless lives while others lives are ruined by it.

I've seen that happen too, with alcohol, usually. But yes, I've seen it happen with pot, too. But nearly all those kids have woken up, and turned into real human beings. And highly productive ones at that. Even the kid who got my vote as most likely to die of an overdose, survived and is a productive human being. My youngest and her high school friends are all opening businesses, having families and living their best lives. If you had met any of them in high school, they looked like a bunch of "disappointments to their families", as my mother would say.

All this crap about "medicinal uses" is very valid. I can't take chemicals. Every drug ever created has side effects, and I'm the canary in the coal mine when it comes to side effects. Pot is the only thing I have ever taken for my insomnia that didn't leave me a zombie the next morning. I needed three coffees just to get out of the house with all of my underwear on. There is a reason why those with problems sleeping end up using drugs to go to sleep and then drugs to wake them up. I smoke pot, go to sleep, wake up refreshed. No drug hangover. No massive doses of caffeine to be able to function.

Legalizing weed will not have an effect on the number of children who smoke it.

Legal weed dispensaries only allow people 21 and over to walk in.

Underage kids drink too so are you for making alcohol illegal ?

.... Pot is the only thing I have ever taken for my insomnia that didn't leave me a zombie the next morning. .....

Absolute bullshit. There are tons of drugs - over the counter drugs at that - that are gentle and effective for insomnia. You are just an old pothead making excuses to yourself.

Legal weed will increase the number of children who smoke it, as they will be able to go into their parents stash when they ain't looking, as well as go to the local bodega with a note purportedly signed by mom to allow them to buy grass.

Bullshit. I see if firsthand.

Nope underage kids get it via the black market like they always did.

No one under 21 can even walk into a dispensary and reselling weed bought at a dispensary makes no sense because it's already much more expensive than black market weed.

So tell me is your solution to underage drinking to reinstate prohibition?

Legal weed will increase the number of children who smoke it, as they will be able to go into their parents stash when they ain't looking, as well as go to the local bodega with a note purportedly signed by mom to allow them to buy grass.
you can't buy weed at the bodega.

you mean just like kids who raid their parents' liquor supply?

.... But nearly all those kids have woken up, and turned into real human beings. And highly productive ones at that. .....

You're using some lame excuse and I'm talking about real people. This past summer one of my students - a great kid I saw everyday - who started with that shit progressed up to the shit that took his life. A real person, a real life. Stop with the selfish pothead bullshit because real lives are ruined for the sake of your little fucking indulgence.

:fu:

Forum List

Back