Lawsuits against the companies that make assault rifles.

So your saying cars are designed to be used illegally?
No, you are saying that.
legal or illegal has nothing to do with design function.
Obviously you haven't the intellect or comprehension to participate in this conversation.

I'm guessing "cats" wasn't a mistake.

No, you are saying that.
legal or illegal has nothing to do with design function.
Obviously you haven't the intellect or comprehension to participate in this conversation.

I'm guessing "cats" wasn't a mistake.
You disagreed when I said cars were designed to be used legally. So that must mean you believe they are designed to be used illegally.

Obviously you don't understand the term "design function"
You haven't the intellect required to participate in this thread.
1696883814148.png

You disagreed when I said cars were designed to be used legally. So that must mean you believe they are designed to be used illegally.
your statement was irrelevant since legality has zero to do with design function.
You are obviously not qualified to participate in this thread.

I'm fascinated by this. I'm not anti-guns. I'm not Kneejerk against all gun control proposals. I'm fascinated by the legal issue(s) here. This isn't really about the 2nd Amendment 'right'. The article is speaking to the responsibilities that come with freedom and commerce. This is a huge issue now regarding holding gun makers accountable.

I'm going to "

Listen to This Article​

Download New York Times Audio
Listen to this story in the New York Times Audio app on iOS.

Gun Makers and Mass Shootings

What physical tool can we locate protected by the Constitution? Easy, the gun. And even if used to kill humans, the maker of the gun is equally protected by the constitution.

From the clown who thinks drilling holes with a firearm is part of its design function.

BWAAHAHAHAHA
strange post from A clown that thinks I made a post about drilling holes with a firearm.

Legal or illegal has nothing to do with design function.
You just not intellectually equipped to participate in this thread.
Take the case of Whiskey. Whiskey is not designed to cause a man to drink and kill a human. You still do not pass laws to blame the maker of the Whiskey.

Humans alone are responsible for things they do that are crimes. The gun can't be found guilty of a crime.

Distinction without a difference. The gun industry knows the kind of people they are selling to, in fact they are superficially marketing to them.

Uh, sorry, let's say we developed a Gun that couldn't possibly kill anyone... why would you buy it?

But that's what it's DESIGNED to do, that's the point.

So here's a simple solution. Since you all REALLY don't want to kill anyone, let's ONLY allow the sale of weapons with non-lethal ammo- Tasers, Rubber Bullets, etc.
The constitution is so sturdy it is very very difficult to amend. And until it is amended, your system will never be approved by the public nor the legislators.

Take the case of Whiskey. Whiskey is not designed to cause a man to drink and kill a human. You still do not pass laws to blame the maker of the Whiskey.

Humans alone are responsible for things they do that are crimes. The gun can't be found guilty of a crime.
Whiskey is designed to get a person drunk.
It has no other design function.
A firearm is designed to kill.

The design function of alcohol has no relationship to the design function of a automobile or a firearm.

Desperate attempts at equating these unrelated objects is silly.

Whiskey is designed to get a person drunk.
A firearm is designed to kill.

The design function of alcohol has no relationship to the design function of a automobile or a firearm.

Desperate attempts at equating these unrelated objects is silly.
Apparently you have not fired weapons. At least your attack makes me come to that conclusion. Kill what? And why do you think the firearm has just one function? It is an improvement over the Bow and Arrow, the spear, the knife, the hammer used in combat.
But to blame the gun makes no sense. As in we do not blame the arrow for what the shooter aims at.

Forum List

Back