Lawsuits against the companies that make assault rifles.

Target shooting is using a firearm to PRACTICE its design function.
To kill.
Sniper rifle
View attachment 839790
Your image
View attachment 839791

No difference in function or purpose.

Calling stupid stupid is not an insult. It is an attempt to educate.

Of course a sniper rifle is an example of a firearm designed to kill but the .22 cal. Olympic TARGET rifle that I showed is designed to win gold medals at the Olympics.

That is its sole purpose.

The targets that the US Olympic shooting team uses to practice are not human shaped targets either. They're simple "Bullseye" targets.

Another example is the difference between a bayonet and a ham carving knife.
The bayonet is designed to kill because of the blood groves along the blade.

A ham carving knife, however, does not but, like a hammer, a vehicle, poison, rope etc, it can be used to kill.

Since the US Olympic Rifle team members are not going on to become snipers, there's no way in which the target rifle I showed was designed to kill.

Therefore, it's a fact that not all firearms are designed to kill.

"GUIDE TO OLYMPIC SHOOTING EVENTS AND WHAT TEAM USA IS UP TO"

EXCERPT "Shooting events don’t get all the glory at the Summer Olympic Games — not the way mainstream sports like swimming, track, and gymnastics do. But if you watched the 2020 games in Tokyo, you know that shooting events are plenty of fun to watch. And the United States always dominates Olympic shooting. The U.S. has earned 116 medals since shooting first entered the modern Olympic games in 1896. China comes in at a distant second place with 67 total medals, 26 of them golds." CONTINUED

Nothing rials the stupidity of thinking that guns were only designed for killing.

The function design of a gun has nothing to do with how it is used. Are guns not used by the police or the military for legitimate reasons? Or by hunters or or as a method to control certain animal populations from excess numbers that lead to starvation? What about self-defense, do I not have the right to defend myself and my family?

There are so many things that can be used to kill something, whether they were designed to do so is irrelevant. One does not ban knives, cars, or what have you merely because it might be used to kill. Similarly, one does not ban guns because it also might be used to kill, that is the sole responsibility of the person who uses it. And whether or not the gun is designed to kill is irrelevant.

not using your own standards.
Make a stupid irrelevant reference and it is nothing but stupid and irrelevant.
No matter the time frame.

My references are relevant and require some understanding of history, knowledge of current events, and comprehension of the law and Constitution.

I can see why you're confused.

Of course a sniper rifle is an example of a firearm designed to kill but the .22 cal. Olympic TARGET rifle that I showed is designed to win gold medals at the Olympics.

That is its sole purpose.

The targets that the US Olympic shooting team uses to practice are not human shaped targets either. They're simple "Bullseye" targets.

Another example is the difference between a bayonet and a ham carving knife.
The bayonet is designed to kill because of the blood groves along the blade.

A ham carving knife, however, does not but, like a hammer, a vehicle, poison, rope etc, it can be used to kill.

Since the US Olympic Rifle team members are not going on to become snipers, there's no way in which the target rifle I showed was designed to kill.

Therefore, it's a fact that not all firearms are designed to kill.

"GUIDE TO OLYMPIC SHOOTING EVENTS AND WHAT TEAM USA IS UP TO"

EXCERPT "Shooting events don’t get all the glory at the Summer Olympic Games — not the way mainstream sports like swimming, track, and gymnastics do. But if you watched the 2020 games in Tokyo, you know that shooting events are plenty of fun to watch. And the United States always dominates Olympic shooting. The U.S. has earned 116 medals since shooting first entered the modern Olympic games in 1896. China comes in at a distant second place with 67 total medals, 26 of them golds." CONTINUED
Practicing to hit a target with a firearm is practicing to kill with a firearm.

UNLESS

You're making the ridiculous claim that the sniper practice is somehow different than target practice.

Even if you're stupid enough to think using a gun to drill holes in your floor is a valid use it doesn't change the design function.

No matter the time frame.

My references are relevant and require some understanding of history, knowledge of current events, and comprehension of the law and Constitution.

self-analysis??

so were the ones you said weren't revelent.

The function design of a gun has nothing to do with how it is used. Are guns not used by the police or the military for legitimate reasons? Or by hunters or or as a method to control certain animal populations from excess numbers that lead to starvation? What about self-defense, do I not have the right to defend myself and my family?

There are so many things that can be used to kill something, whether they were designed to do so is irrelevant. One does not ban knives, cars, or what have you merely because it might be used to kill. Similarly, one does not ban guns because it also might be used to kill, that is the sole responsibility of the person who uses it. And whether or not the gun is designed to kill is irrelevant.

Excellent observations!

People have been finding ways to kill each other since the beginning of time and even if all guns disappeared would only drive determined killers to shift to using crude but deadlier WMDs.

For example, earlier I showed where just one dollars worth of gasoline and some plastic was able to kill far more people than anyone with any sort of "assault weapon"(1)

This determined killer only wanted to kill one person, his ex girlfriend, but couldn't find a gun.

Enemies of the 2nd Amendment might consider this a "win" in that gun control stopped a death.
Unfortunately, determined killers will always find a way to kill and this determined killer succeeded in killing 87 instead of just one because he could not find a gun.

If the date of this incident is important, it only shows how much deadlier these crude, home made WMDs can be than "assault weapons"

Even longer ago than the previous mass murder was the deadliest school mass killing that has still not been eclipsed by any school mass shooting with any type of firearm took place (2).
This determined killer simply used a home made bomb to kill 44 people with 38 of them being students.
In almost 100 years, there hasn't been any school mass shooting to equal the carnage of that one home made bomb.

Determined killers are in no way hindered by existing gun laws but hoplophobes who are unable to grasp the basic reality that criminals, by definition, do not obey laws continue to demand more of the same failed gun laws.

Thanks again for your excellent observations,

(1). "Happy Land fire"

EXCERPT "González went to an Amoco gas station, then returned to the establishment with a plastic container with $1 worth of gasoline.[2][4] He spread the fuel at the base of a staircase, the only access into the club, and then ignited the gasoline.[5]

Eighty-seven people died in the resulting fire."CONTINUED

(2). "The 1927 Bombing That Remains America’s Deadliest School Massacre"

"Ninety years ago, a school in Bath, Michigan was rigged with explosives in a brutal act that stunned the town"

EXCERPTS "In the end 44 people died, 38 of them students. It wasn’t the first bombing in the country’s history—at least eight were killed during the Haymarket Square rally in Chicago in 1886, and 30 when a bomb exploded in Manhattan in 1920. But none had been so deadly as this, or affected so many children."CONTINUED

Forum List

Back