Zone1 Lawsuit alleges Harvard gives preferential treatment to legacy admissions, who are ‘overwhelmingly’ White

Liberals do not only "want to suppress the most capable and give a boost to less capable In the pursuit of 'equal outcomes',” they want to suppress the truth about IQ, and the way average IQ's differ between the races.

I dislike what has happened to the Democrat Party after 1963. A lot died with President Kennedy.

That is why I consider myself to be a New Deal Democrat. Franklin Roosevelt had the sense to keep civil rights off of the New Deal agenda. I have reluctantly become a Southern Democrat of the old school. The New Deal was popular among Southern Democrats and white blue collar workers. The Democrat Party lost those important constituencies when Democrats began to make excuses for black social pathology.

Wrong again... FDR, Truman, JFK all did a lot to advance the agenda of equality. The only thing that happened after 1964 is that LBJ realized he didn't need to appease the southern white bigots anymore.

Well, since you were never man enough to serve in the military, you really don't know what you are talking about.

Some of the finest men and women I served with, Officers and NCO's, were black. You wouldn't be worthy to shine their boots, to be quite honest. Just be happy that they were out there protecting your right to hold obnoxious views.

When the Army desegregated in 1947, everyone said it would be the worst thing ever. But this awesome thing happened, they were fine. You got fine generals like Colin Powell, who never would have gotten a chance in your world.

I'm sure you don't understand diversity, whatever Jamal did to you scared you for life.
I agree with most of what you said, but Colin Powell wasn’t “a fine general”. He was a politician in. Uniform. Schwarzkoph was “a fine general” he gave orders and took responsibility.

Equal rights are one thing. Negroes should not be advanced to positions where they lack the intelligence to perform well.

Uh, Hector, I bet if I talked to everyone you ever worked with, I'd find more than a few who thought you lacked the intelligence to do your job or thought you were a piece of garbage.

The reality is, merit has very little to do with who gets positions.

I've worked with enough people who got jobs because they were related to the boss, sleeping with the boss, or just managed to talk a good game during their interview.

Good. They did not need special preferences.

No, what they needed and got were fair opportunities, which they wouldn't have gotten if people like you were allowed to make the decisions.

I agree with most of what you said, but Colin Powell wasn’t “a fine general”. He was a politician in. Uniform. Schwarzkoph was “a fine general” he gave orders and took responsibility.
Generals at that level have to be politicians. Ike was politician... but I doubt we'd have done as well as we did in WWII if he wasn't.

Powell had to hold together a shaky coalition of people who all had their own agendas, and he got the job done. (And I say this as someone who didn't approve of the Gulf War, and was so disgusted by it, I didn't re-enlist the next time my contract came up.)

Forum List

Back