Lantern Lighting at Green Lake in Seattle To Commemorate The U.S. Bombing of Hiroshima

No such ignorance. I know more about this subject than you know about everything.

That's why it was so easy for me to debunk your falsehoods, and why you cannot point out any falsehoods in my posts.
I get it now - you need to educate yourself, but first take whatever steps are necessary to make such education possible.

Good luck with that, and may the Lord have mercy upon those who perpetrate and rationalize wanton acts of terror and horrendous crimes against humanity.

I get it now - you need to educate yourself, but first take whatever steps are necessary to make such education possible.

Good luck with that, and may the Lord have mercy upon those who perpetrate and rationalize wanton acts of terror and horrendous crimes against humanity.
Unfortunately many Americans still cling to the lies they were told in 3rd grade government school and never progress. When exposed to the truth, they can’t accept it.

Unfortunately many Americans still cling to the lies they were told in 3rd grade government school and never progress. When exposed to the truth, they can’t accept it.
It really is a master class in the power of cultish denial. :(

Nope. I am fully educated. That is why it was so easy for me to debunk all your untrue claims, and why you cannot challenge anything that I wrote.

It really is a master class in the power of cultish denial. :(
It is proper that your untrue statements are denied. You should start telling the truth.

---------------------------------------------------------
All the lies here are coming from you history deniers.

Nope. I am fully educated. That is why it was so easy for me to debunk all your untrue claims, and why you cannot challenge anything that I wrote.

It is proper that your untrue statements are denied. You should start telling the truth.

---------------------------------------------------------

All the lies here are coming from you history deniers.
The Cult of Denial is a very real thing.

Oh well - good luck. :)

I think it's worth noting, in epitaph of this discussion, that such explorations almost invariably follow the same model.

Someone brings these two acts of horrendous terrorism up in the context of memorial events.

People like you and me and a small group of others state the simple moral and historic reality of the situation, and condemn the decision to commit these hundred-fold 9/11s.

And then it begins - the firebombing of the conversation by droves of apologists for terror, vastly outnumbering the thoughtful and informed with their certain ignorance and concretely immoral reasoning.

They repeat the same lies and excuses again and again, and will not be pulled from their ignorance, steadfastly embracing it all the more tightly as they're faced with the reality of the monstrous terror they describe as sacred and good and necessary.

Having repeatedly stated the facts, people like you and me drop out of the conversation; one by one we depart, but not before certain other cliches are introduced.

There are always a handful who swear that their father or grandfather (sometimes it's a beloved uncle, or the parent or grandparent of a spouse) was about to deploy to the Pacific, and if not for these outrageous acts of terror, they themselves might well not have been born!

Thus reality and morality and reason themselves, had they originally prevailed in these instances, are the very enemy of their existence.

An enemy to be battled and belittled as fiercely decades later as the people who, like the Germans, the Russians and the Americans, had horrendous acts of terror committed in their name.

And inevitably, there is one individual, armored with impenetrable ignorance, who comes not so much to mop up the madness, but to wax and polish it.

This one individual will endlessly repeat the lies which justify (and in a fashion which would embarrass even bin Laden) the two most horrendous acts of terror in human history.

Again and again they will claim these acts of terror were sacred and just; like a two year old who's just discovered the words "no" and "mine," they will repeat their mindless lies again and again and again.

And so these conversations end, dark ignorance not so much prevailing as insisting upon itself against all good and common sense, til at last there is only silence.

Take care, Gipper, and good to interact with you here. :)

Yeah America is so great when it massacres defenseless women and children of a nation trying to surrender. We are so proud!
Yes, we are proud. Thousands of American lives were saved. They weren't trying to surrender. They fucked up. Too damn bad.

I think it's worth noting, in epitaph of this discussion, that such explorations almost invariably follow the same model.

Someone brings these two acts of horrendous terrorism up in the context of memorial events.

People like you and me and a small group of others state the simple moral and historic reality of the situation, and condemn the decision to commit these hundred-fold 9/11s.

And then it begins - the firebombing of the conversation by droves of apologists for terror, vastly outnumbering the thoughtful and informed with their certain ignorance and concretely immoral reasoning.

They repeat the same lies and excuses again and again, and will not be pulled from their ignorance, steadfastly embracing it all the more tightly as they're faced with the reality of the monstrous terror they describe as sacred and good and necessary.

Having repeatedly stated the facts, people like you and me drop out of the conversation; one by one we depart, but not before certain other cliches are introduced.

There are always a handful who swear that their father or grandfather (sometimes it's a beloved uncle, or the parent or grandparent of a spouse) was about to deploy to the Pacific, and if not for these outrageous acts of terror, they themselves might well not have been born!

Thus reality and morality and reason themselves, had they originally prevailed in these instances, are the very enemy of their existence.

An enemy to be battled and belittled as fiercely decades later as the people who, like the Germans, the Russians and the Americans, had horrendous acts of terror committed in their name.

And inevitably, there is one individual, armored with impenetrable ignorance, who comes not so much to mop up the madness, but to wax and polish it.

This one individual will endlessly repeat the lies which justify (and in a fashion which would embarrass even bin Laden) the two most horrendous acts of terror in human history.

Again and again they will claim these acts of terror were sacred and just; like a two year old who's just discovered the words "no" and "mine," they will repeat their mindless lies again and again and again.

And so these conversations end, dark ignorance not so much prevailing as insisting upon itself against all good and common sense, til at last there is only silence.

Take care, Gipper, and good to interact with you here. :)
Thread!

You summarized it perfectly. It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant many Americans are, particularly on this subject. Over the many years I’ve posted on this forum I’ve debated the warmongers and a-bomb supporters and you’re right, they never learn.

However you and I did. I once thought like an ignoramus too. How is it some of us can accept the truth and others can’t?

Thread!

You summarized it perfectly. It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant many Americans are, particularly on this subject. Over the many years I’ve posted on this forum I’ve debated the warmongers and a-bomb supporters and you’re right, they never learn.

However you and I did. I once thought like an ignoramus too. How is it some of us can accept the truth and others can’t?
It's a REALLY good question, and my journey began years ago to not only understand how our world actually works, but why so many choose a simple tribal path instead.

I think it ultimately comes down to people as pack animals; loyalty to an arbitrary/familiar group is more important than anything else, including integrity and truth.

Did you know that MILLIONS of friendships, many lifelong, ended during Covid?

People made the *wrong* choice to follow their rational beliefs rather than follow along, and others could not accept this.

Utterly tragic.

And Trump has the same effect.

To us, just another bad US president, but to many, a literal embodiment of Satan.

Reject him, or be rejected by the group, or even a friend too closely aligned to the group.

So sad, and so ultimately human.

It's a REALLY good question, and my journey began years ago to not only understand how our world actually works, but why so many choose a simple tribal path instead.

I think it ultimately comes down to people as pack animals; loyalty to an arbitrary/familiar group is more important than anything else, including integrity and truth.

Did you know that MILLIONS of friendships, many lifelong, ended during Covid?

People made the *wrong* choice to follow their rational beliefs rather than follow along, and others could not accept this.

Utterly tragic.

And Trump has the same effect.

To us, just another bad US president, but to many, a literal embodiment of Satan.

Reject him, or be rejected by the group, or even a friend too closely aligned to the group.

So sad, and so ultimately human.
Yes it is tragic.

I have, and you and your pal aren't telling the whole story. As usual, you're cherry picking. How can a nation "try and surrender"? You either surrender or you don't. What bullshit.
It's all been discussed ad nauseum.

As has been said at least a dozen times in the thread, they had one condition, which was met after the unspeakable terror and slaughter of innocent civilians inflicted by sociopath Truman.

If you don't understand this, then it's because you choose not to.

And that's a psychological problem, and not one aided in any way by repeating the truth dozens of more times.

Accept the truth, or live in the darkness of your cherry-picked ignorance.

Forum List

Back