Lambda Legal Sues Social Security:Lesbian Seeking Spousal Survivor's Benefits

zzzzzzz another angry bull
Thank you so much for that brilliant and cogent commentary on an important issue. As always to seek to raise the level of intellectual discourse on the USMB to the highest level. You are such an asset and a blessing to behold!

Sorry but I don't agree with SSM errr pretend marriage so this shit won't go anywhere with me.

Fck'em

Nobody gives a crap what you agree with. You are living in a world that does not exist anymore. You are a dinosaur who will soon be extinct.

Dude you're an ancient old fag, I'm 33...wanna bet who meets our Maker first? By the way when you do? You're so fugged

A newsflash, nobody cares about your queer cause...now go ahead and try to convince us your ass isn't a freeway of Hershey love. Ain't nobody buying that BS

Fag? really? You don't know shit about me. I have some years on you but I am strong and healthy. Think Jack La Lane .type. You might be young but the hate and anger that burdens you will wear down you souls and body into the abyss

Thank you so much for that brilliant and cogent commentary on an important issue. As always to seek to raise the level of intellectual discourse on the USMB to the highest level. You are such an asset and a blessing to behold!

Sorry but I don't agree with SSM errr pretend marriage so this shit won't go anywhere with me.

Fck'em

Nobody gives a crap what you agree with. You are living in a world that does not exist anymore. You are a dinosaur who will soon be extinct.

Dude you're an ancient old fag, I'm 33...wanna bet who meets our Maker first? By the way when you do? You're so fugged

A newsflash, nobody cares about your queer cause...now go ahead and try to convince us your ass isn't a freeway of Hershey love. Ain't nobody buying that BS

Fag? really? You don't know shit about me. I have some years on you but I am strong and healthy. Think Jack La Lane .type. You might be young but the hate and anger that burdens you will wear down you souls and body into the abyss

The link you gave didn't work. I got the "page not found" message. Here is a better link:

Lesbian woman accuses Social Security of survivor's benefits discrimination in lawsuit

Fck'em

The link you gave didn't work. I got the "page not found" message. Here is a better link:

Lesbian woman accuses Social Security of survivor's benefits discrimination in lawsuit
Thank you. The article that you posted is essentially the same. Interestingly, it took 23 replies before someone actually tried to view it. That speaks poorly for the level of intellectual curiosity and desire to actually learn about an issue. Most of these knuckle heads just want to flame and spout off their bigoted bovine excrement.

Last edited:
Lambda Legal Sues Social Security on Behalf of Lesbian Seeking Spousal Survivor's Benefits

Heartless bigoted bureaucratic bastards !! This is one more reason why we can't let the SCOTUS move to far to the right!!

Lambda Legal today filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) on behalf of a 63-year-old lesbian seeking spousal survivor's benefits based on her relationship with her partner of 27 years, who died in 2006 before same-sex couples in the State of Washington were able to marry.

The lawsuit filed on behalf of Helen Thornton in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington argues that SSA's exclusion of same-sex couples from survivor's benefits based on their inability to marry is unconstitutional.

Outrageous! They would have been married if they could have been .To deny her survivors benefits is tantamount to blaming the victim of discrimination.

https://www.lambdalegal.org/blog/20federl court180925_lambda-legal-sues-ssi-survivors-benefits

Give me free $$$ give me free $$$ give me free $$$....The mantra of the progressives

Lambda Legal Sues Social Security on Behalf of Lesbian Seeking Spousal Survivor's Benefits

Heartless bigoted bureaucratic bastards !! This is one more reason why we can't let the SCOTUS move to far to the right!!

Lambda Legal today filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) on behalf of a 63-year-old lesbian seeking spousal survivor's benefits based on her relationship with her partner of 27 years, who died in 2006 before same-sex couples in the State of Washington were able to marry.

The lawsuit filed on behalf of Helen Thornton in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington argues that SSA's exclusion of same-sex couples from survivor's benefits based on their inability to marry is unconstitutional.

Outrageous! They would have been married if they could have been .To deny her survivors benefits is tantamount to blaming the victim of discrimination.

https://www.lambdalegal.org/blog/20federl court180925_lambda-legal-sues-ssi-survivors-benefits

Give me free $$$ give me free $$$ give me free $$$....The mantra of the progressives
And then they bitch when they can’t access the money they forfeit to the government. Stupid. Abjectly stupid.
Democrats should be sentenced to mental retardation facilities.

Unfortunately nothing can be done about the Supreme Court – there will soon be five reactionary conservative ideologues hostile to the rights and protected liberties of the American people who as a consequence of their fear and bigotry will allow government to discriminate against gay and transgender Americans.

Well I'm not sure this has to do with SSM discrimination. I suspect it has to do with spouses not being able to collect SS unless they've been married 10 years.

An activist group in 2007 attempted to put SSM to a vote in Washington but they failed to gather enough signatures over a span of nearly a year to get it on the ballot. (The group was the "Washington Defense of Marriage Alliance" for reference.)

As the public of Washington wasn't interested in legalizing SSM, there's not really much chance for this spouse to argue that they 'could' have been married ten years ago.

Fck'em

Yup, because, logically, evolution supports faggots. Not heterosexuals.

Fucking idiot.

Unfortunately nothing can be done about the Supreme Court – there will soon be five reactionary conservative ideologues hostile to the rights and protected liberties of the American people who as a consequence of their fear and bigotry will allow government to discriminate against gay and transgender Americans.
Explain the alleged discrimination.

They were not married. That's the law then and NOW. At 63', she qualifies for her own SS payments. Apply for them.

Another good reason to get rid of SS and to privatize retirement savings accounts - they would then be personal assets that can be bequeathed to whomever one chooses.
And take away the liberal's personal piggy bank? They won't go with that idea, even if it would have solved the problem.

They were not married. That's the law then and NOW. At 63', she qualifies for her own SS payments. Apply for them.
Right Bubba, except maybe he partners would be higher. That's how it works. The rest of us have a choice as to which to take , She does not and that's discrimination.

Right Bubba, except maybe he partners would be higher. That's how it works. The rest of us have a choice as to which to take , She does not and that's discrimination. The SSA decision goes against the spirt and letter of Obergefell Have you read it? I didn't think so.

Another good reason to get rid of SS and to privatize retirement savings accounts - they would then be personal assets that can be bequeathed to whomever one chooses.
And take away the liberal's personal piggy bank? They won't go with that idea, even if it would have solved the problem.
Liberal piggy bank. Are you saying that conservatives/Republicans do not partake of social security? What "problem" is it that needs solving?

Explain the alleged discrimination.
Thank you for admitting that you have your head so far up that smelly place where the sun don't shine that you do not know how LGBT people have been, and still are discriminated against,

Forum List

Back