Lamar Jackson requests trade

Why should he come back from an injury if he’s not 100% if the team isn’t committed to him? Where is the upside for the player? He’s putting everything at risk and the team if he reinjures himself just doesn’t pay him. He’s already a top 5 talent according to most and no one has him out of the top 10 QBs in the NFL. So he had everything to lose and nothing to gain by playing any games last year after his PCL sprain.

What exactly has he done as a person that makes him not the model franchise player?

Lamar c/b all it's meant to be as a franchise player, but Baltimore is well within their rights to deny giving him a guaranteed contract of over $230 M when he's had problems w/ injuries missing many games per season! J/b Cleveland was crazy enough to give that ridiculous contract to Watson doesn't mean the league has to follow suit! It can very easily be called collusion, but I don't blame The Ravens at all for being hesitant! Jackson did this to himself by not having an official agent to barter in good faith! I could guarantee problems allowing "MOM" to fight his battles for obscene $$ & years! It never works out; esp. when making extreme demands of compensation! :dunno: :omg::rolleyes:

Yes, Let’s compare stats

Herbert
2020: 4,336 yds, 31 TDs, 10 INT, 98.3 rating
2021: 5014 yds, 38 TDs, 15 INT 97.7 rating
2022: 4739 yds, 25 TDs, 10 INT, 93.2 rating

Jackson:
2020: 2757 yds, 26 TD, 9 INT, 99.3 rating
2021: 2882 yds, 16 TD, 13 INT, 87.0 rating
2022: 2242 yds, 17 TD, 7 INT, 91.1 rating

Yes, it’s proof that within recent play, Herbert has been the better QB

Lamar c/b all it's meant to be as a franchise player, but Baltimore is well within their rights to deny giving him a guaranteed contract of over $230 M when he's had problems w/ injuries missing many games per season! J/b Cleveland was crazy enough to give that ridiculous contract to Watson doesn't mean the league has to follow suit! It can very easily be called collusion, but I don't blame The Ravens at all for being hesitant! Jackson did this to himself by not having an official agent to barter in good faith! I could guarantee problems allowing "MOM" to fight his battles for obscene $$ & years! It never works out; esp. when making extreme demands of compensation! :dunno: :omg::rolleyes:
No one said the Ravens have to pay Jackson anything. It is unprecedented that a QB of his caliber plays out his rookie contract. And certainly none have been on the market for trade. Daniel Jones got an extension for fuck’s sake. Jackson did everything he was supposed to. Played when they didn’t get a long term deal done. How many guys have held out in the past? He played assuming the Ravens would take care of him. They haven’t. I don’t blame him for wanting out. They didn’t surround him with any talent at the WR position. Like none. The only decent WR they had they traded. He’s running because the Ravens are asking him to run. Look at his MVP year. He was throwing from the pocket, and running when he had to/when it was given to him. Since then they have basically said Lamar, go get us wins.

Yes, Let’s compare stats

Herbert
2020: 4,336 yds, 31 TDs, 10 INT, 98.3 rating
2021: 5014 yds, 38 TDs, 15 INT 97.7 rating
2022: 4739 yds, 25 TDs, 10 INT, 93.2 rating

Jackson:
2020: 2757 yds, 26 TD, 9 INT, 99.3 rating
2021: 2882 yds, 16 TD, 13 INT, 87.0 rating
2022: 2242 yds, 17 TD, 7 INT, 91.1 rating

Yes, it’s proof that within recent play, Herbert has been the better QB
You have to add in the rushing because the Ravens are making him run the ball. It’s also why he’s hurt. See the above post. Jackson is the entire offense for Baltimore.

Whats Herbert’s record?

You have to add in the rushing because the Ravens are making him run the ball. It’s also why he’s hurt. See the above post. Jackson is the entire offense for Baltimore.
Team Scoring offense:
2022:
LAC 12th, 23.4 ppg
BAL 20th, 20.4 ppg

2021:
LAC 5th, 27.9 ppg
BAL 17th, 22.8 ppg

2020:
BAL 9th, 27.3 ppg
LAC 18th, 24.0 ppg

Regardless of what Jackson is, Herbert helms the better offense.
Whats Herbert’s record?
You’re referencing a team stat. I’m talking about QB performance.

Team Scoring offense:
2022:
LAC 12th, 23.4 ppg
BAL 20th, 20.4 ppg

2021:
LAC 5th, 27.9 ppg
BAL 17th, 22.8 ppg

2020:
BAL 9th, 27.3 ppg
LAC 18th, 24.0 ppg

Regardless of what Jackson is, Herbert helms the better offense.

You’re referencing a team stat. I’m talking about QB performance.
QBs get credit when the team wins because they get the blame when they lose. Ravens win 75% of their games when Jackson starts, that winning percentage drops precipitously when he doesn’t. Only 3 QBs have a higher winning percentage than Jackson. Mahomes, Brady, Montana. Let’s also not forget that Herbert is playing with a legit #1 WR and Jackson doesn’t have a #2 on his roster to throw to let alone a 1.

But even if Herbert is better than Jackson, Jackson is still a top 10 QB in his prime. The fact that he’s played out his rookie contract and doesn’t have a deal and now on the trade market is unprecedented.

And really anyone who thinks Joe Namath deserves to be in the HOF has questionable bona fides when it comes to QB assessment. :auiqs.jpg:

QBs get credit when the team wins because they get the blame when they lose.
Maybe to some. I always found the practice odd because QBs don’t play defense. So, a person in your camp might argue that Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer were better QBs than Dan Marino because they won super bowls and Dan didnt. I think that’s really off base. Some QBs have good D behind them so they can underperform and get wins. Clearly Jackson has had a better D than Herbert, it’s not Herbert’s fault, nor is Jackson making it happen.

A QBs job is to helm a unit that scores points. Herbert does that better, and Jackson’s offenses have been average to above average the last 3 years. So along with injuries, it’s not shocking at all that people Don’t want to make him the highest paid QB in history. I’ve not talked to or heard of anyone who thinks he should be, besides you.

Ravens win 75% of their games when Jackson starts, that winning percentage drops precipitously when he doesn’t. Only 3 QBs have a higher winning percentage than Jackson. Mahomes, Brady, Montana.
Again, they don’t play defense. I think you may have been watching too much modern hot take sports culture. Get some context.
And really anyone who thinks Joe Namath deserves to be in the HOF has questionable bona fides when it comes to QB assessment. :auiqs.jpg:
?

Forum List

Back