Komen Charity Ends Grants To Planned Parenthood

If nothing else, this thread has clearly revealed the war against women being waged by the left.
And it's not REALLY about curing/preventing cancer to many on the left. That is ancillary to the real goals.

""Less than two months since the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force issued new guidelines recommending against routine mammograms for women in their forties, a second breast cancer scandal involving a U.S. government panel of experts has come to light which has implications for healthcare reform," she told LifeNews.com.

"Although the study was published nine months ago, the NCI, the American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen for the Cure and other cancer fundraising businesses have made no efforts to reduce breast cancer rates by issuing nationwide warnings to women," she added.

She says Dolle's team reported in Table 1 a statistically significant 40% risk increase for women who have had abortions and listed it among "known and suspected risk factors."

Precious Life - a voice for the unborn child

It's also a coincidence that Komen is withdrawing support of PP.

"While concluding that breastfeeding offered significant protection from cancer, they also noted that the highest reported risk factor in developing the disease was abortion."

"
The findings, published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, are the latest research to show a link between abortion and breast cancer.
The research was carried out by scientists at the University of Colombo in Sri Lanka.
It is the fourth epidemiological study to report such a link in the past 14 months, with research in China, Turkey and the U.S. showing similar conclusions."

"Obviously, more women will die of breast cancer if the NCI fails in its duty to warn about the risks of OCs and abortion and if government funds are used to pay for both as a part of any healthcare bill," Malec said.

Last year, studies from Turkey and China also reported statistically significant risk increases for women who had abortions. "

"Earlier this year, Dr Louise Brinton, a senior researcher with the U.S. National Cancer Institute who did not accept the link, reversed her position to say she was now convinced abortion increased the risk of breast cancer by about 40 per cent."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-triple-risk-breast-cancer.html#ixzz1lGvkAzTO

Last edited:
Audit the finances of all congress people today!

Leave the women's rights groups alone!!!!

There is no hard evidence anywhere that substantiates any violations committed by Planned Parenthood.

It's more about a few radical right wing anti women republicans abusing their authority.
Audit these abusers of authority!!

I don't know what's worse, how completely illogical that statement was or the fact that you are incapable of realizing it.

So, excuses and avoidances aside, are you, or are you not a religious person?

My religious beliefs are none of your business and not necessary to this discussion, THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T BROUGHT THEM UP, you illogical fool. If you can't wrap your pea-brain around the idea of opposing the taking of innocent life outside a specific religious tradition then you are too blinded by your own bigotry to discuss anything rationally. I just bet that you'd get all upset if a religious person were to assert that an unreligious person is incapable of morality or a sense of right and wrong or whatever terms some lefty professor once told you to use, right?

What's sad to watch is how militant yet at the same time conflicted many of you lefties are over the basic moral problem involved in the action you would defend. You're quick to scream slogans but twist yourselves into knots to avoid the fact that we are talking about taking innocent human life. You seek shelter in appeals to 'science,' but science tells us that the fertilized egg, barring some disruption of the process, will develop into what even you cannot avoid recognizing as a human being (even if that means waiting until a person is 30 years old or some other arbitrary stage in natural human development). You want (need?) to believe that there is some point along the natural developmental process at which humanity is magically conferred so that you can justify killing the living organism at any time prior to that, but science does not, cannot, and will not provide you the comfort of any definitive identification of that 'magic time.' Hell, you lefties can't even agree among yourselves when the 'magic time' is supposed to be other than to claim it for whatever point is convenient for excuse making and avoiding the central point of the issue at any given time.

There is no need to bring religion into the discussion to recognize all of the above, and those who would make 'science' their religion will find no applicable gospel to comfort them in attempting to defend the indefensible.

what a Sad testament to our fall as a society..that 50% of women will have went out and willingly MADE a Child and then doesn't want it so they go out and KILL it...
What's a sad testament is that you think those 50% of women went out and willingly chose to get pregnant in the first place.

It seems you did not read very carefully the comment to which you responded.

Yes Stephanie. All rape victims who became pregnant made that choice.

Fucking loon.

don't play this rape game...that is a very small percentage of abortions..
anyone with a BRAIN knows the majority of abortions are for Birth Control...in other words they went out HAD SEX got knocked up then decided a child wouldn't FIT into their lives...
50million children have been aborted since abortions became legal...warms your heart doesn't it..
puke

Yeah, but if all 50 MILLION of those aborted kids weren't, we'd have an even higher unemployment rate.

By that logic, the government should go out and kill all unemployed people, thereby eliminating unemployment.

Are you really this fucking stupid, or was that just the worst attempt at humor ever?

Audit the finances of all congress people today!

Leave the women's rights groups alone!!!!

There is no hard evidence anywhere that substantiates any violations committed by Planned Parenthood.

It's more about a few radical right wing anti women republicans abusing their authority.
Audit these abusers of authority!!

Fuck off, baby killing oppressor and torturer of poor women.

I emphasized the important word there... Your premise is based entirely around it...

I argue, based upon the makup of pro-choice v. pro-life people, that the actions of pulling PP funding will have little to no effect on their donor base... I also believe that these women's rights groups will not abandon a remarkable cause en masse because PP will not be funded thru them...

Well then efforts like mine, to have like-minded people stop donating, shouldn't really concern you.

The folks that feel the way I do will just take their money, and their efforts, and go elsewhere. And everything will be hunky dory.
I already stated I believe your efforts will be ineffectual...

The sheer volume of people who believe in the goodness that the SGK foundation provides will likely outnumber the shallow individuals who can't see past their political noses...

We'll just have to see who was right in their predictions and who was wrong by the end result.
Yep... Are you hoping for the demise of the SGK foundation?

If anyone is really serious about changing the Komen Foundation's mind, forget the petitions, contact them directly:

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

1 call is worth 1,000 names on an online petition, or 10,000 FaceBook "likes".

Tell them that you will immediately cease any donations until they reverse their decision. You can always donate to all the other cancer foundations out there in the interim.

Or if you're really, really serious, show up at their office. The addresses can be found from the link.

1 personal appearance is worth 100 calls.

Yeah, killing the unborn is so much more important than a cure for breast cancer! :rolleyes:

You people are fucking inhuman monsters.
if we were really monsters you wouldnt be here.

What makes you say that?

"Murder" is a legal term with specific meanings dependent upon laws and circumstances. It is most certainly the forcible taking of life from an innocent human being. What would you call that?

And there you go, being an asshole again.

I would in fact call "the forcible taking of life from an innocent human being" murder.

It's a good thing that legal, first trimester abortion, like those provided by Planned Parenthood don't in any way fall into that category then, isn't it?

If anyone is really serious about changing the Komen Foundation's mind, forget the petitions, contact them directly:

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

1 call is worth 1,000 names on an online petition, or 10,000 FaceBook "likes".

Tell them that you will immediately cease any donations until they reverse their decision. You can always donate to all the other cancer foundations out there in the interim.

Or if you're really, really serious, show up at their office. The addresses can be found from the link.

1 personal appearance is worth 100 calls.

Yeah, killing the unborn is so much more important than a cure for breast cancer! :rolleyes:

You people are fucking inhuman monsters.
if we were really monsters you wouldnt be here.

:eusa_eh:

"Murder" is a legal term with specific meanings dependent upon laws and circumstances. It is most certainly the forcible taking of life from an innocent human being. What would you call that?

I would in fact call "the forcible taking of life from an innocent human being" murder.

I'm sorry you are too stupid to understand what I wrote. That's so sad for you.

It's a good thing that legal, first trimester abortion, like those provided by Planned Parenthood don't in any way fall into that category then, isn't it?

In countries with sharia law, are honor killings murder?

Forum List

Back