Kennedy Assassination Question

I see by your comment that you are going to take the 'condescending' approach.

Nothing personal. I will take the same condescending approach to all conspiracy theories regardles of who promotes them because in my youth I got sucked into a conspiracy theory and got burned. Thus I do not take any of them seriously.

Did you know Evil Bert was also involved in 911?

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4907542256550037&pid=1.7

'
I will take the same condescending approach to all conspiracy theories, regardless of who promotes them, because in my youth I got sucked into a conspiracy theory and got burned. Thus, I do not take any of them seriously.
An approach which seems to be notably lacking in logic.

It makes sense as a conditioned reflex, of course.

'
I will take the same condescending approach to all conspiracy theories, regardless of who promotes them, because in my youth I got sucked into a conspiracy theory and got burned. Thus, I do not take any of them seriously.
An approach which seems to be notably lacking in logic.

It makes sense as a conditioned reflex, of course.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Did you know that Evil Bert was a close associate of Hitler?

http://bertisevil.tv/img/bert4.gif

Just curious so I thought I'd throw out a historical opinion question. Anyone here think Oswald shot Kennedy, or did other "forces" take him out.
to plan,prepare,and implement such an attack common sense says he did not act alone !!.............I suggest reading a book entitled Double Cross !!:eusa_eh:

Double cross: the explosive, inside story of the mobster who controlled America - Sam Giancana, Chuck Giancana - Google Books
read? how did you read when you can't discern words with more than one syllable?

Nothing personal. I will take the same condescending approach to all conspiracy theories regardles of who promotes them because in my youth I got sucked into a conspiracy theory and got burned. Thus I do not take any of them seriously.

I suggest a psychiatrist to help you overcome the trauma scars and insecurity. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. But I am intelligent enough to be able to examine events with logic, science and skepticism.

Try this one on for size...some facts and deductive reasoning.

I already posted the Katzenbach Memo. Did you read it? It is real. The highest levels of our government vehemently believed:

1. The public must be satisfied that Oswald was the assassin; that he did not have confederates who are still at large; and that the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial.

2. Speculation about Oswald's motivation ought to be cut off

Do you honestly believe any commission selected by the same highest levels of our government and ALL evidence for that commission was provided by the same highest levels of our government would reach any other conclusion than "Oswald was the assassin; that he did not have confederates who are still at large; and that the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial" ???

What type of backlash, panic and outrage would have occurred if the government came out and said President Kennedy was assassinated by more than one gunman and they are still at large?? WHAT possible benefit would there be to the United States if they came out and said anything but: "Oswald was the assassin; that he did not have confederates who are still at large; and that the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial"????

'
Well, the House Committee on the Assassination came to the conclusion that a conspiracy was probably involved -- and then no money was ever appropriated to investigate further.

Only in America. · · ;)

Well, the House Committee on the Assassination was all set to rule that Oswald was the lone gunman until in the closing days of the hearings, audio evidence from the Dallas Police was introduced which purported to conclusively show the sounds of a gunshot from the grassy knoll. Based almost solely upon this evidence, the House Committee on the Assassination changed its conclusion at the last minute.

Subsequent evidence has debunked the audio evidence relied upon by House Committee on the Assassination.

The acoustic evidence in the Kennedy assassination

Did you know Evil Bert helped to get OJ off?

http://www.bertisevil.tv/img/bert-oj3.gif

I suggest a psychiatrist to help you overcome the trauma scars and insecurity. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. But I am intelligent enough to be able to examine events with logic, science and skepticism.

I already posted the Katzenbach Memo. Did you read it? It is real. The highest levels of our government vehemently believed:

1. The public must be satisfied that Oswald was the assassin; that he did not have confederates who are still at large; and that the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial.

Do you honestly believe any commission selected by the same highest levels of our government and ALL evidence for that commission was provided by the same highest levels of our government would reach any other conclusion than "Oswald was the assassin; that he did not have confederates who are still at large; and that the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial" ???

What type of backlash, panic and outrage would have occurred if the government came out and said President Kennedy was assassinated by more than one gunman and they are still at large?? WHAT possible benefit would there be to the United States if they came out and said anything but: "Oswald was the assassin; that he did not have confederates who are still at large; and that the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial"????
really? since not everything is deducible and the facts you talk about are after the fact then you are no closer then you were when you started studying the jfk assassination.

'
Well, the House Committee on the Assassination came to the conclusion that a conspiracy was probably involved -- and then no money was ever appropriated to investigate further.

Only in America. · · ;)

Well, the House Committee on the Assassination was all set to rule that Oswald was the lone gunman until in the closing days of the hearings, audio evidence from the Dallas Police was introduced which purported to conclusively show the sounds of a gunshot from the grassy knoll. Based almost solely upon this evidence, the House Committee on the Assassination changed its conclusion at the last minute.

Subsequent evidence has debunked the audio evidence relied upon by House Committee on the Assassination.

The acoustic evidence in the Kennedy assassination

Did you know Evil Bert helped to get OJ off?

http://www.bertisevil.tv/img/bert-oj3.gif
we brought Bert's bitch Ernie in question him for hours and got nuttin'..." Dick Tracy Unmasked

[ame=http://youtu.be/EoMY0eR3eEs]JFK Inside The Target Car Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/szGciJo0iPo]JFK: Inside the Target Car - Grassy Knoll Field Test - YouTube[/ame]

really? since not everything is deducible and the facts you talk about are after the fact then you are no closer then you were when you started studying the jfk assassination.

I know that Oswald was not the lone assassin. So there was, by definition, a conspiracy.

'

Only in America. · · ;)

The best movie made on the assassination was Executive Action [not "Executive Decision"], starring Burt Lancaster, Robert Ryan and Will Geer.

Good luck trying to get your hands on a copy.

Someone earlier was spot on when he wrote :

The objective of disinformation is not to convince you of one point of view or another, it is to create enough uncertainty so that everything is believable and nothing is knowable.
---James Fetzer

And yes, everything in the US went downhill after the coup.

I saw that movie as part of a paper I did in High School. The movie was BS through and through. Leonard Maltin reported that the movie was billed by the producers as something that would "clear the air" about the assassination. He said that it was better at clearing the theaters and the movie was a colossul (sp?) flop and easily dismissed.

Funny story, the end of the film shows a bunch of pictures arranged in a format that makes them look like they were in a high school year book...row upon row. It starts with a close up on one picture then pans out to show all 18 pictures of these witnesses who have died in 3 years after the Assassination of JFK. A narrator named Gaydon Gould who used to do the voice for Ernest and Julio Gallo comes on and reports this supposedly startling statistic that the odds of all 18 being dead in 3 years were a trillion to one or some BS like that. I would think the odds of them all still being alive in 3 years was probably as ominus.

Anyway, here is the funny part. At the time I believed these kookie conspiracies and wanted to get the quote just right at the end. So I saw it was coming on after the news on Saturday night and wanted to record it. I found my cousin's videotape collection--he was involved in those Tom Vu seminars and bought some of the video tapes. I jammed a piece of scotch tape over the removed tab, popped that baby in and recorded this quote about a billion jillion odds of these folks being dead. I transcribed it onto my notebook paper and put the tape back in it's holder and didn't think anything of it.

A couple of years later, he was bitten by the same bug and began to look into these conspiracies. He actually still believes this mess but one day he was viewing the tape and when he popped it in to see the tape and made sure it still worked, boom, there is the harrowing statistic right in front of him. He couldn't believe his eyes---he had never seen the movie. So here he is a conspiracy kook (very mild) minding his own business and one day, he gets this message sent to him. I overheard him telling my parents about it (not knowing I did this). Funny as hell to see him sitting there in disbelief.

I know that Oswald was not the lone assassin. So there was, by definition, a conspiracy.

Simple question

How did multiple assassins manage to only get off three shots?

Simple question

Most witnesses heard 3 shots. That doesn't eliminate the possibility that there were more shots not heard.

Secret Service agent Roy H. Kellerman who was in the passenger seat of the Presidential limousine stated to the Warren Commission that "there has to be more than three shots, gentleman" and that a "flurry of shells" came into the car.

But the most damning testimony is the multitude of witnesses who described the timing and cadence of the 3 shots heard as: bang............................................bang, bang.

The rifle recovered on the 6th floor of the TSDB was a bolt action rifle. That rifle is not capable of that timing and cadence.

Simple question

Most witnesses heard 3 shots. That doesn't eliminate the possibility that there were more shots not heard.

Secret Service agent Roy H. Kellerman who was in the passenger seat of the Presidential limousine stated to the Warren Commission that "there has to be more than three shots, gentleman" and that a "flurry of shells" came into the car.

But the most damning testimony is the multitude of witnesses who described the timing and cadence of the 3 shots heard as: bang............................................bang, bang.

The rifle recovered on the 6th floor of the TSDB was a bolt action rifle. That rifle is not capable of that timing and cadence.

There is no evidence of more than three shots and thousands of witnesses. For your multiple shooter theory there would have been a killing zone with pop, pop, pop, pop, pop from multiple directions

There were three shots fired with gaps in between

Some conspiracy

Simple question

With the greatest conspiracy in history involving knocking off a US President. Why would the chosen assassin be given a $19.95 bolt action rifle to accomplish the deed?

Don't you think they could have sprung for a high priced sniper rifle?

Simple question

There is no evidence of more than three shots and thousands of witnesses. For your multiple shooter theory there would have been a killing zone with pop, pop, pop, pop, pop from multiple directions

Some conspiracy

There were not 'thousands of witnesses. There were hundreds.

About 40 witnesses to the assassination of President Kennedy claimed either to have heard gunshots from the grassy knoll in the northwest corner of Dealey Plaza, or to have seen smoke or smelled gunpowder in that area.

Interviewing the Dealey Plaza Witnesses

Several of these witnesses were interviewed by newspaper, radio and television reporters immediately after the assassination. The interviews were influential in generating doubt about the lone–gunman theory. Many other interviews have been carried out in the years since the assassination, almost all of them by private researchers.

Examination of photographs and home movies suggests that there were perhaps as many as 600 people in Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. Official interviews or statements exist for around 200 of these witnesses. Because the Warren Commission did no investigation of its own, almost all of the witnesses who testified before the Commission were chosen from those who had already made official statements. The other 400 or so, including many of the spectators nearest to the president, were never interviewed officially at all. Few of these missing witnesses were identified, even when the authorities had been informed of their existence (Warren Commission Hearings, vol.15, pp.525f).

In many cases, the witnesses appear not to have been asked about the origin of the shots. Of those who were asked, probably a small majority claimed that the shots came from the general direction of the Texas School Book Depository. A handful of people claimed to have heard shots from both directions. Many had no opinion.

The Guns of Dealey Plaza

If Oswald were the only shooter there would have to be at least 2.3 seconds between shots, assuming he used the telescopic sight found on the Mannlicher Carcano. The three shots that the Warren Commission claimed were fired from Oswald's rifle could not have been shot faster than 6.9 seconds. Secret Service Agent Roy Kellerman described the shots as a "flurry." Two of the shots were often described by witnesses as so closely spaced that they seemed "simultaneous" and had "practically no time element between them." Additionally, there is a substantial amount of testimony, presented in this article, that describes the later shots as sounding different from the first shot. Governor Connally's initial reaction to the gunfire was "that there were either two or three people involved or more in this or someone was shooting with an automatic rifle." [65]

A double sound, or bang, is described by three Secret Service agents. Two of these agents sat within feet of Kennedy as occupants of the limousine. A double shot was reported by one of the witnesses standing on the overpass.

Special Agent William Greer, the limousine driver, testified that "the last two shots seemed to be just simultaneously, one behind the other." [66]

The other Secret Serviceman in the limousine was Roy Kellerman. Agent Kellerman sat next to Greer and was intimately familiar with the sound of weapons. He described the first shot like many others had, as sounding like a firecracker. But the other two shots, which he officially reported as a "flurry," sounded different than the first shot. Asked by Mr. Specter if Kellerman could describe the sound of the flurry of shots by way of distinction of the first shot, Kellerman replied " ... if I recall correctly these were two sharp reports, sir." Did they sound different from the first shot, asked Specter. "Yes. Definitely. Very much so." Kellerman added: " ... "Let me give you an illustration ... You have heard the sound barrier, of a plane breaking the sound barrier, bang, bang? That is it. It was like a doublebang --- bang, bang." [67]

In Warren Commission testimony Special Agent Hickey described "two reports which I thought were shots ... that there seemed to be practically no time element between them." [68]

Clint Hill, the agent who threw himself into the limousine after the shooting, told the Commission that the second noise he heard was different from the first shot " ... like the sound of shooting a revolver into something hard... almost a double sound." [69]

S.M. Holland carefully watched the motorcade from the railroad overpass. He heard four shots with the third and fourth sounding like a "double shot." He thought some of the shots came from behind the fence on the grassy knoll. "Well it would be like you're firing a .38 pistol right beside a shotgun, or a .45 right beside a shotgun... the third shot was not so loud ... the third and fourth shot hit the President." [70]

Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig. "The first shot ... sort of like it reverberated ... well, it was quite a pause between there [the first and second shots] ... It could have been a little longer [than two or three seconds]... " Between the second and third shots there was "no more than two seconds. It was--they were real rapid." [71]

Joe R. Molina. "... Of course, the first shot was fired then there was an interval between the first and second, longer than the second and third." [72]

Seymour Weitzman. "First one, then the second two seemed to be simultaneously." [73]

Ladybird Johnson. " ... suddenly there was a sharp loud report--a shot. It seemed to me to come from the right, above my shoulder, from a building. Then a moment and then two more shots in rapid succession." [74]

Special Agent Forrest V. Sorrels. "There was to me about twice as much time between the first and second shots as there was between the second and third shots." [75]

Congressman Ralph W. Yarborough. "... by my estimate--to me there seemed to be a longer time between the first and second shots, a much shorter time between the second and third shots... after the first shot about three seconds another shot boomed out, and after what I took to be one-half the time between the first and second shots ... the third shot about one and one-half seconds after the second shot ..." [76]

Mayor Earle Cabell. "There was a longer pause between the first and second shots than there was between the second and third shots. They were in rather rapid succession." [77]

Special Agent Sam A. Kinney. "I saw the President lean toward the left and appeared to have grabbed his chest with his right hand. There was a second of pause and then two more shots were heard ... " [78]

Special Agent William A. McIntyre. "The Presidential vehicle was approximately 200 feet from the underpass when the first shot was fired, followed in quick succession by two more. I would estimate that all three shots were fired within five seconds. After the second shot, I looked at the President and witnessed his being struck in the head by the third and last shot." [79]

Special Agent George Hickey (in reference to the second and third shots). "At the moment he was almost sitting erect I heard two reports, which I thought were shots and that appeared to me completely different in sound than the first report and were in such rapid succession that there seemed to be practically no time element between them." [80]

Special Agent Warren W. Taylor. "In the instant that my left foot touched the ground, I heard two more bangs and realized that they must be gun shots." [81]

Linda Willis. "Yes, I heard one. Then there was a little bit of time, and then there were two real fast bullets together. When the first one hit, well, the President turned from waving to the people, and he grabbed his throat, and he kind of slumped forward, and then I couldn't tell where the second shot went." [82]

Special Agent Rufus Youngblood. "There seemed to be a longer span of time between the first and the second shot than there was between the second and third shot." [83] " ... from the beginning at the sound of the first shot to the second or third shot, happened with a few seconds." [84]

Robert Jackson. "I would say to me it seemed like three or four seconds between the first and the second, and between the second and third, well, I guess two seconds, they were very close together ... " [85]

Arnold Rowland. "The actual time between the reports I would say now, after having had time to consider the six seconds between the first and second report and two between the second and third." [86]

Luke Mooney. "... The second and third shot was pretty close together, but there was a short lapse there between the first and second shot." [87]

Ms. Mitchell (Mary Ann Mitchell). "... there were three---the second and third being closer together than the first and second ... " [88]

Lee Bowers "I heard three shots. One, then a slight pause, then two very close together ... also reverberation from the shots." [89]

Jean Hill. "There were three shots -- one right after the other, and a distinct pause, or just a moment's pause, and I heard more ... " And concerning the shots that followed the first three Ms. Hill said they were "quicker -- more automatic." [90]

Last edited:
The Kennedy assassination is the place where Historians go to die.

Want to know why I say that?

Because there is so much information/misinformation out there, information that no honest historian can either confirm or discredit, that it is quite impossible for any of us truly know what to believe.

Oh we can all have our suspicions...I know I do.

But for an honest historian, suspicion is NOT enough to advance an historical narrative.

Some conspiracy

There were not 'thousands of witnesses. There were hundreds.

About 40 witnesses to the assassination of President Kennedy claimed either to have heard gunshots from the grassy knoll in the northwest corner of Dealey Plaza, or to have seen smoke or smelled gunpowder in that area.

Interviewing the Dealey Plaza Witnesses

Several of these witnesses were interviewed by newspaper, radio and television reporters immediately after the assassination. The interviews were influential in generating doubt about the lone–gunman theory. Many other interviews have been carried out in the years since the assassination, almost all of them by private researchers.

Examination of photographs and home movies suggests that there were perhaps as many as 600 people in Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. Official interviews or statements exist for around 200 of these witnesses. Because the Warren Commission did no investigation of its own, almost all of the witnesses who testified before the Commission were chosen from those who had already made official statements. The other 400 or so, including many of the spectators nearest to the president, were never interviewed officially at all. Few of these missing witnesses were identified, even when the authorities had been informed of their existence (Warren Commission Hearings, vol.15, pp.525f).

In many cases, the witnesses appear not to have been asked about the origin of the shots. Of those who were asked, probably a small majority claimed that the shots came from the general direction of the Texas School Book Depository. A handful of people claimed to have heard shots from both directions. Many had no opinion.

The Guns of Dealey Plaza

If Oswald were the only shooter there would have to be at least 2.3 seconds between shots, assuming he used the telescopic sight found on the Mannlicher Carcano. The three shots that the Warren Commission claimed were fired from Oswald's rifle could not have been shot faster than 6.9 seconds. Secret Service Agent Roy Kellerman described the shots as a "flurry." Two of the shots were often described by witnesses as so closely spaced that they seemed "simultaneous" and had "practically no time element between them." Additionally, there is a substantial amount of testimony, presented in this article, that describes the later shots as sounding different from the first shot. Governor Connally's initial reaction to the gunfire was "that there were either two or three people involved or more in this or someone was shooting with an automatic rifle." [65]

A double sound, or bang, is described by three Secret Service agents. Two of these agents sat within feet of Kennedy as occupants of the limousine. A double shot was reported by one of the witnesses standing on the overpass.

Special Agent William Greer, the limousine driver, testified that "the last two shots seemed to be just simultaneously, one behind the other." [66]

The other Secret Serviceman in the limousine was Roy Kellerman. Agent Kellerman sat next to Greer and was intimately familiar with the sound of weapons. He described the first shot like many others had, as sounding like a firecracker. But the other two shots, which he officially reported as a "flurry," sounded different than the first shot. Asked by Mr. Specter if Kellerman could describe the sound of the flurry of shots by way of distinction of the first shot, Kellerman replied " ... if I recall correctly these were two sharp reports, sir." Did they sound different from the first shot, asked Specter. "Yes. Definitely. Very much so." Kellerman added: " ... "Let me give you an illustration ... You have heard the sound barrier, of a plane breaking the sound barrier, bang, bang? That is it. It was like a doublebang --- bang, bang." [67]

In Warren Commission testimony Special Agent Hickey described "two reports which I thought were shots ... that there seemed to be practically no time element between them." [68]

Clint Hill, the agent who threw himself into the limousine after the shooting, told the Commission that the second noise he heard was different from the first shot " ... like the sound of shooting a revolver into something hard... almost a double sound." [69]

S.M. Holland carefully watched the motorcade from the railroad overpass. He heard four shots with the third and fourth sounding like a "double shot." He thought some of the shots came from behind the fence on the grassy knoll. "Well it would be like you're firing a .38 pistol right beside a shotgun, or a .45 right beside a shotgun... the third shot was not so loud ... the third and fourth shot hit the President." [70]

Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig. "The first shot ... sort of like it reverberated ... well, it was quite a pause between there [the first and second shots] ... It could have been a little longer [than two or three seconds]... " Between the second and third shots there was "no more than two seconds. It was--they were real rapid." [71]

Joe R. Molina. "... Of course, the first shot was fired then there was an interval between the first and second, longer than the second and third." [72]

Seymour Weitzman. "First one, then the second two seemed to be simultaneously." [73]

Ladybird Johnson. " ... suddenly there was a sharp loud report--a shot. It seemed to me to come from the right, above my shoulder, from a building. Then a moment and then two more shots in rapid succession." [74]

Special Agent Forrest V. Sorrels. "There was to me about twice as much time between the first and second shots as there was between the second and third shots." [75]

Congressman Ralph W. Yarborough. "... by my estimate--to me there seemed to be a longer time between the first and second shots, a much shorter time between the second and third shots... after the first shot about three seconds another shot boomed out, and after what I took to be one-half the time between the first and second shots ... the third shot about one and one-half seconds after the second shot ..." [76]

Mayor Earle Cabell. "There was a longer pause between the first and second shots than there was between the second and third shots. They were in rather rapid succession." [77]

Special Agent Sam A. Kinney. "I saw the President lean toward the left and appeared to have grabbed his chest with his right hand. There was a second of pause and then two more shots were heard ... " [78]

Special Agent William A. McIntyre. "The Presidential vehicle was approximately 200 feet from the underpass when the first shot was fired, followed in quick succession by two more. I would estimate that all three shots were fired within five seconds. After the second shot, I looked at the President and witnessed his being struck in the head by the third and last shot." [79]

Special Agent George Hickey (in reference to the second and third shots). "At the moment he was almost sitting erect I heard two reports, which I thought were shots and that appeared to me completely different in sound than the first report and were in such rapid succession that there seemed to be practically no time element between them." [80]

Special Agent Warren W. Taylor. "In the instant that my left foot touched the ground, I heard two more bangs and realized that they must be gun shots." [81]

Linda Willis. "Yes, I heard one. Then there was a little bit of time, and then there were two real fast bullets together. When the first one hit, well, the President turned from waving to the people, and he grabbed his throat, and he kind of slumped forward, and then I couldn't tell where the second shot went." [82]

Special Agent Rufus Youngblood. "There seemed to be a longer span of time between the first and the second shot than there was between the second and third shot." [83] " ... from the beginning at the sound of the first shot to the second or third shot, happened with a few seconds." [84]

Robert Jackson. "I would say to me it seemed like three or four seconds between the first and the second, and between the second and third, well, I guess two seconds, they were very close together ... " [85]

Arnold Rowland. "The actual time between the reports I would say now, after having had time to consider the six seconds between the first and second report and two between the second and third." [86]

Luke Mooney. "... The second and third shot was pretty close together, but there was a short lapse there between the first and second shot." [87]

Ms. Mitchell (Mary Ann Mitchell). "... there were three---the second and third being closer together than the first and second ... " [88]

Lee Bowers "I heard three shots. One, then a slight pause, then two very close together ... also reverberation from the shots." [89]

Jean Hill. "There were three shots -- one right after the other, and a distinct pause, or just a moment's pause, and I heard more ... " And concerning the shots that followed the first three Ms. Hill said they were "quicker -- more automatic." [90]

There is always confusion in the fog of war. But a consensus seems to be threes shots and three shots were accounted for

If there was a conspiracy involving CIA, MAFIA, Cuba, Russia, LBJ (pick one) don't you think they would want to do the job right?
Multiple shooters with precise semiautomatic rifles. Pepper the presidents limo, kill the driver, be sure of the kill
Instead, the geniuses have an undependable, unstable loner with a $19.95 bolt action rifle

Some conspiracy

whether Oswald was the lone shooter or not does not dispel an organised conspiracy !!with the associations Oswald had and then the convenient offing of Oswald by Ruby who had mob connections and then the convenient death of Ruby shortly after ...i mean come on !! :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back