Karma,

I'm still waiting for my company to get off it's ass and tell us what's going on with our health care plan.
I'm paying $80.00 a week now.I would like to know just how much more I'm going to have to ante up
thanks to ObamaCare.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my company to get off it's ass and tell us what's going on with our health care plan.
I'm paying $80.00 a week now.I would like to know just how much more I'm going to have to ante up
thanks to ObamaCare.

Hey man, if you wish for the worst.......it might just come true. Is your current plan ACA compliant? Do you know? Do you care?

You pay $320 per month now? How long have you been paying that much? What were you paying last year, two years ago....five?

And...how much is your employer paying to "sponsor" you? Do you know? Should you know......or even care?

Dream on. Even if Republicans get the presidency and both sides of Congress, they'll do nothing but make superficial changes to ACA.

Dream on. When 100+ million employees lose their HC insurance next year and see the high rates, deductibles and copays on the exchange, and the number of young healthy folks enrolling remains minuscule, as those being dumped into Medicaid continues to soar, the ACA house of cards will crash.

That seems very likely. Opposition to ACA, from the public, will be very real. The political will to do the right thing, among Republicans in DC, is what I'm questioning. I hope i'm wrong.

well, politicians will do what they always do - CAVE to the pressure.
It looks like the pressure will be huge.

The amount of really life and death consequences this crap unleashed is far beyond what was predicted - even by the worst ones.

From what people have been saying so far I expect
to have to pay at least twice what I am paying weekly
and I'm sure there will be a deductible and prescriptions will no longer be covered.

and I'm sure there will be a deductible and prescriptions will no longer be covered.

your premium might not change much ( if you have insurance through the employer) but you will definitely have increased deductible and you will find that there are huge co-pays for everything, especially for so-called out-of the network services ( which were not there before)

thanks to ObamaCare.

Sibelius illegally put off the employer mandate one year so it may be a while until you get the bad news, but you will be paying far more, with added copays, drug costs, and higher deductibles IF they choose to continue providing you group insurance. They could just pay the cheaper fine and dump you into the exchange as an individual, as many companies plan to do.

If Sebelius hadn't extended the employer mandate we'd be seeing tens of millions (possibly 100 million) losing coverage right now, not just the 5 million individuals like me.

Question:

Once obama is out of office, can this supposed obamacare be dumped?

If Republicans take back both houses in November next year, it could be dumped as soon as January of 2015. If they have enough votes, they could even completely override a presidential veto.

Aren't there a lot of democrats also unhappy with this obamacare? Personally, I think he just wanted it to pass because his name is attached to it.

Only b/c it sucks so bad they know they have to jump ship now or get fired come election time.

File this under "Be careful what you wish for."

Am I a bad person because this made me laugh?

Many in New York’s professional and cultural elite have long supported President Obama’s health care plan. But now, to their surprise, thousands of writers, opera singers, music teachers, photographers, doctors, lawyers and others are learning that their health insurance plans are being canceled and they may have to pay more to get comparable coverage, if they can find it.They are part of an unusual, informal health insurance system that has developed in New York, in which independent practitioners were able to get lower insurance rates through group plans, typically set up by their professional associations or chambers of commerce. That allowed them to avoid the sky-high rates in New York’s individual insurance market, historically among the most expensive in the country. But under the Affordable Care Act, they will be treated as individuals, responsible for their own insurance policies. For many of them, that is likely to mean they will no longer have access to a wide network of doctors and a range of plans tailored to their needs. And many of them are finding that if they want to keep their premiums from rising, they will have to accept higher deductible and co-pay costs or inferior coverage.
“I couldn’t sleep because of it,” said Barbara Meinwald, a solo practitioner lawyer in Manhattan.
Ms. Meinwald, 61, has been paying $10,000 a year for her insurance through the New York City Bar. A broker told her that a new temporary plan with fewer doctors would cost $5,000 more, after factoring in the cost of her medications.
Ms. Meinwald also looked on the state’s health insurance exchange. But she said she found that those plans did not have a good choice of doctors, and that it was hard to even find out who the doctors were, and which hospitals were covered. “It’s like you’re blindfolded and you’re told that you have to buy something,” she said.
The people affected include not just writers, artists, doctors and the like, they said, but also independent tradespeople, like home builders or carpenters, who work on their own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/n...-professionals.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=5&

At least there are some fairy tail endings in all this.
What makes it even sweeter?...it doesnt affect me at all.

Not enough people have signed up for it to pay for it.

so yea, you, me and everyone else gets fucked

Not gonna happen. Libturds and obamamaniacs are convinced that the passing of time will vindicate their stupidity.

I don't see it lasting through next year without either being repealed, or severely altered. I also see serious investigations and maybe prosecutions of Sebelius, Obama and others over the massive fraud conspiracy they've committed on America.

Dare we hope for some justice?

What people?

The best thing to do when you have no idea what is going to happen is to anticipate the worst possible outcome.

I think it is quite possible that your premiums will not change much (unless your employer reduces his contribution), your copays and deductibles will remain the same and you will get more services included without additional out of pocket expense.

Ah, Karma.

I always wondered who the song was about. Thank you, Kathy, for making it so easy to see!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmcA9LIIXWw]Culture Club - Karma Chameleon - YouTube[/ame]

But it was Carly Simon who was clairvoyant when, in 1972 she sang the "Obama/2016" campaign song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g]Carly Simon - You're So Vain - YouTube[/ame]

More on the mother-in-law. (cancer)
Twice now she has went to the emergency room in the past week, and twice stayed overnight in the hospital due to chronic vomiting which of course makes her dehydrated.
This is due to her reaction to the chemo. They have given her medication for the stomach problems, but it is not enough.
IMPORTANT PART -> There is a much better medication that is made specifically for chemo induced severe acid reflux. It is not cheap. She needs to take two pills a day, Medicaid will only pay for one a day.
So in the evening/night she is ok. Every morning/eary afternoon she suffers terribly and vomits 2-3 times an hour. She needs two a day. Medicaid will not pay it.
I got an idea...let's expand Medicare/Medicaid.

Twice now she has went to the emergency room in the past week, and twice stayed overnight in the hospital due to chronic vomiting which of course makes her dehydrated.
This is due to her reaction to the chemo. They have given her medication for the stomach problems, but it is not enough.
IMPORTANT PART -> There is a much better medication that is made specifically for chemo induced severe acid reflux. It is not cheap. She needs to take two pills a day, Medicaid will only pay for one a day.
So in the evening/night she is ok. Every morning/eary afternoon she suffers terribly and vomits 2-3 times an hour. She needs two a day. Medicaid will not pay it.

medicaid pays for ondansetron which is now generic and it can be injected preventively as well.
change the hospital she goes to - it is more beneficial to drive further but end up in a teaching hospital which might admit her and tune the side effects care of the chemo ( it is common) - as teaching hospitals are dealing with medicaid all the time and sometimes have more possibilities as well.

she can also cut the pill you are talking about in 2 parts and take it in the morning and in the evening.
I was paying cash for my father for the needed medication when he needed it and insurance won't pay for it.
So if there are just few rounds of chemo left and you can buy the medication and pay cash for it - it is worth it.

medicaid pays for ondansetron which is now generic and it can be injected preventively as well.
change the hospital she goes to - it is more beneficial to drive further but end up in a teaching hospital which might admit her and tune the side effects care of the chemo ( it is common) - as teaching hospitals are dealing with medicaid all the time and sometimes have more possibilities as well.

she can also cut the pill you are talking about in 2 parts and take it in the morning and in the evening.
I was paying cash for my father for the needed medication when he needed it and insurance won't pay for it.
So if there are just few rounds of chemo left and you can buy the medication and pay cash for it - it is worth it.

Well I'll be damned.

FINALLY, a post from vox that's worth reading.

Thank you.

But what iametc does not seem to know is that this situation is not related to ObamaCare.

File this under "Be careful what you wish for."

Am I a bad person because this made me laugh?

Many in New York’s professional and cultural elite have long supported President Obama’s health care plan. But now, to their surprise, thousands of writers, opera singers, music teachers, photographers, doctors, lawyers and others are learning that their health insurance plans are being canceled and they may have to pay more to get comparable coverage, if they can find it.They are part of an unusual, informal health insurance system that has developed in New York, in which independent practitioners were able to get lower insurance rates through group plans, typically set up by their professional associations or chambers of commerce. That allowed them to avoid the sky-high rates in New York’s individual insurance market, historically among the most expensive in the country. But under the Affordable Care Act, they will be treated as individuals, responsible for their own insurance policies. For many of them, that is likely to mean they will no longer have access to a wide network of doctors and a range of plans tailored to their needs. And many of them are finding that if they want to keep their premiums from rising, they will have to accept higher deductible and co-pay costs or inferior coverage.
“I couldn’t sleep because of it,” said Barbara Meinwald, a solo practitioner lawyer in Manhattan.
Ms. Meinwald, 61, has been paying $10,000 a year for her insurance through the New York City Bar. A broker told her that a new temporary plan with fewer doctors would cost $5,000 more, after factoring in the cost of her medications.
Ms. Meinwald also looked on the state’s health insurance exchange. But she said she found that those plans did not have a good choice of doctors, and that it was hard to even find out who the doctors were, and which hospitals were covered. “It’s like you’re blindfolded and you’re told that you have to buy something,” she said.
The people affected include not just writers, artists, doctors and the like, they said, but also independent tradespeople, like home builders or carpenters, who work on their own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/n...-professionals.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=5&

"George Orwell lives! Stories about North Korea’s execution of the uncle of Kim Jong-un mention various agencies whose names are the opposite of their real function. There is the ruling Workers’ Party, the Ministry of State Security and, my favorite, the Ministry of People’s Security.

But who are we to laugh? America has the Affordable Care Act."
How the West was lost by the selfie president | New York Post

We did, expect it to get worse for your mother in law.

I was in physical therapy yesterday, and I couldn't help overhearing this woman talking to someone in the next room. She was upset, she was crying. I listened closer (call me an ass, but it is human nature)..and I heard her say that she would have to stop coming to therapy in January. That she is losing her insurance and cannot afford to come anymore because the only insurance she can now afford will never pay for anything.
She was speaking of course of the outrageous $10,000 deductible and 40% copay.
She can't afford to go to the doctor next year.
And that....is Obamacare.
And take that liberals and shove it up your ass...you caused this. Because you wanted something for nothing...and instead got nothing for something.

She was upset, she was crying. I listened closer (call me an ass, but it is human nature)..and I heard her say that she would have to stop coming to therapy in January.

In fairness this swings both ways, good and bad.

She was speaking of course of the outrageous $10,000 deductible and 40% copay.

The federal mandate is that no single individual can owe more than $6350, $12,700 for a family. (I agree with you, this helps nobody)

What has happened though is that aggregate deductibles have taken a more prominent roll, meaning in a family situation BOTH individual deductibles must be met before the insurance company begins paying.

Forum List

Back