Karma,

File this under "Be careful what you wish for."

Am I a bad person because this made me laugh?

Many in New York’s professional and cultural elite have long supported President Obama’s health care plan. But now, to their surprise, thousands of writers, opera singers, music teachers, photographers, doctors, lawyers and others are learning that their health insurance plans are being canceled and they may have to pay more to get comparable coverage, if they can find it.They are part of an unusual, informal health insurance system that has developed in New York, in which independent practitioners were able to get lower insurance rates through group plans, typically set up by their professional associations or chambers of commerce. That allowed them to avoid the sky-high rates in New York’s individual insurance market, historically among the most expensive in the country. But under the Affordable Care Act, they will be treated as individuals, responsible for their own insurance policies. For many of them, that is likely to mean they will no longer have access to a wide network of doctors and a range of plans tailored to their needs. And many of them are finding that if they want to keep their premiums from rising, they will have to accept higher deductible and co-pay costs or inferior coverage.
“I couldn’t sleep because of it,” said Barbara Meinwald, a solo practitioner lawyer in Manhattan.
Ms. Meinwald, 61, has been paying $10,000 a year for her insurance through the New York City Bar. A broker told her that a new temporary plan with fewer doctors would cost $5,000 more, after factoring in the cost of her medications.
Ms. Meinwald also looked on the state’s health insurance exchange. But she said she found that those plans did not have a good choice of doctors, and that it was hard to even find out who the doctors were, and which hospitals were covered. “It’s like you’re blindfolded and you’re told that you have to buy something,” she said.
The people affected include not just writers, artists, doctors and the like, they said, but also independent tradespeople, like home builders or carpenters, who work on their own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/n...-professionals.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=5&

At least there are some fairy tail endings in all this.
What makes it even sweeter?...it doesnt affect me at all.

for NOW. because if this crap stays - it will affect everybody - that is how it is designed to happen.

and that is the reason it HAS TO be dumped. the sooner - the better.

It REALLY will be an UGLY mess next year, and a mess that's very hard to sort out. Folks will suffer, and many will die because of Obamacare and the mess it's created in the entire nation's HC system.

IMO perhaps an interim fix would be to remove the extra, expensive mandated coverage and IPAB. Make it like the old Heritage plan which only called for catastrophic plans that are inexpensive, but cover everything after the deductible (what I had, which the ACA made illegal).

This will go down as the biggest legislative mistake since Prohibition.

BTW I'm one of those "independent tradespeople".

Last edited:
How do you undo such a cluster duck?

Yes, I know I'm a poor speller.

Last edited:
Not gonna happen. Libturds and obamamaniacs are convinced that the passing of time will vindicate their stupidity.

I don't see it lasting through next year without either being repealed, or severely altered. I also see serious investigations and maybe prosecutions of Sebelius, Obama and others over the massive fraud conspiracy they've committed on America.

]It REALLY will be an UGLY mess next year, and a mess that's very hard to sort out. Folks will suffer, and many will die because of Obamacare and the mess it's created in the entire nation's HC system.[/B]

IMO perhaps an interim fix would be to remove the extra, expensive mandated coverage and IPAB. Make it like the old Heritage plan which only called for catastrophic plans that are inexpensive, but cover everything after the deductible (what I had, which the ACA made illegal).

This will go down as the biggest legislative mistake since Prohibition.

BTW I'm one of those "independent tradespeople".

that is unfortunately VERY true.

Not gonna happen. Libturds and obamamaniacs are convinced that the passing of time will vindicate their stupidity.

I don't see it lasting through next year without either being repealed, or severely altered. I also see serious investigations and maybe prosecutions of Sebelius, Obama and others over the massive fraud conspiracy they've committed on America.

your words - for God to hear.

I think you are overly optimistic.
because this disaster actually should lead to lynching of those who rammed it through.

Question:

Once obama is out of office, can this supposed obamacare be dumped?

If Republicans take back both houses in November next year, it could be dumped as soon as January of 2015. If they have enough votes, they could even completely override a presidential veto.

Aren't there a lot of democrats also unhappy with this obamacare? Personally, I think he just wanted it to pass because his name is attached to it.

Yes, there may be. Some of them don't want to admit it. And yes, I do believe you're right. He has a funny definition of what "legacy" means.

Question:

If Republicans take back both houses in November next year, it could be dumped as soon as January of 2015. If they have enough votes, they could even completely override a presidential veto.

Dream on. Even if Republicans get the presidency and both sides of Congress, they'll do nothing but make superficial changes to ACA.

Question:

Dream on. Even if Republicans get the presidency and both sides of Congress, they'll do nothing but make superficial changes to ACA.

Dream on. When 100+ million employees lose their HC insurance next year and see the high rates, deductibles and copays on the exchange, and the number of young healthy folks enrolling remains minuscule, as those being dumped into Medicaid continues to soar, the ACA house of cards will crash.

I was in physical therapy yesterday, and I couldn't help overhearing this woman talking to someone in the next room. She was upset, she was crying. I listened closer (call me an ass, but it is human nature)..and I heard her say that she would have to stop coming to therapy in January. That she is losing her insurance and cannot afford to come anymore because the only insurance she can now afford will never pay for anything.
She was speaking of course of the outrageous $10,000 deductible and 40% copay.
She can't afford to go to the doctor next year.
And that....is Obamacare.
And take that liberals and shove it up your ass...you caused this. Because you wanted something for nothing...and instead got nothing for something.

I almost cried reading that.

My friend lost her pain management therapy. She can't swing the out-of-pocket ACA brought her.

@#*!

Question:

I'm sorry to burst your pessimistic bubble my friend, but Rep Tom Price (from my state no less), introduced a bill to scrap the problematic parts of Obamacare and cannibalize the good parts, i.e preexisting conditions.

Rep. Tom Price introduces patient-centered alternative to ObamaCare | Human Events

Last edited:

I'm sorry to burst your pessimistic bubble my friend, but Rep Tom Price (from my state no less), introduced a bill to scrap the problematic parts of Obamacare and cannibalize the good parts, i.e preexisting conditions.

Rep. Tom Price introduces patient-centered alternative to ObamaCare | Human Events

Actually, it's that bill that confirms my cynicism. If that's the best they can even aim for, which in reality changes very little, I don't see why they'd bother.

Dream on. When 100+ million employees lose their HC insurance next year and see the high rates, deductibles and copays on the exchange, and the number of young healthy folks enrolling remains minuscule, as those being dumped into Medicaid continues to soar, the ACA house of cards will crash.

That seems very likely. Opposition to ACA, from the public, will be very real. The political will to do the right thing, among Republicans in DC, is what I'm questioning. I hope i'm wrong.

Last edited:

Actually, it's that bill that confirms my cynicism. If that's the best they can even aim for, which in reality changes very little, I don't see why they'd bother.

I don't think you understand. The former head of the CBO scored this bill, and it will save 2 trillion in 10 years. That's 200 billion for the next decade. It reduces dependency on medicaid. How can you knock something you haven't even taken the time to read?

http://tomprice.house.gov/sites/tomprice.house.gov/files/HR 2300 Section by Section.pdf

Try it.

I don't think you understand. The former head of the CBO scored this bill, ABMs it will save 2 trillion in 10 years. That's 200 billion for the next decade. It reduces dependency on medicaid. How can you knock something you haven't even taken the time to read?

http://tomprice.house.gov/sites/tomprice.house.gov/files/HR 2300 Section by Section.pdf

Try it.

I read it a couple of days ago. It features most of the same idiocy that makes ACA so abysmal. Democrats are right when they point out that ACA is essentially a Republican scheme, and I doubt well see them move far from it.

I say good for them.
Republicans told us what was gonna happen.
And the lefties told everyone that it was crazy talk.

People voted for this and now they don't like it...?
You wanted this people,and now you have it.

Gee. You guys could run a bunch of toasters and sweep the mid-terms! This Obamacare thing is a train wreck! There is no way a Democrat can win an election ever again!

I can't wait until the GOP, led by Boehner, Cantor, Cruz and Paul.....institute all the great policy ideas that have earned them the fine reputation that they have. It is gonna be something!

Forum List

Back