JUST IN: US Supreme Court Officially Asked to Overturn Colorado High Court Decision to Bar Trump From Ballot

Those Confederates actively participated in a years long war trying to break apart the Union. The 14th was passed specifically to address them. They were declared guilty of insurrection by a Congressional act and a Presidential decree.

Apples and oranges to Trump’s case, Simp.
Actually, from my best info, the south had a right to secede. It was the states that created the federal gummit, not the other way around. What the states can ratify, they can vote to de-ratify. I mean, again, the fed govt was a creation of the several states

Living societies do that they question the basis of their law.
It's still going to be the biggest direct contradiction to your Constitution and no matter the interpretation it's going to require a rewrite..

I think that's the entire motive behind bringing it up.

And still, it's upholding the Constitution or Trump.

You must be able to agree that there's something that doesn't allow Trump's side to just sweep it under the carpet.

It's a can of worms opened that the Dems see as being a big deal issue.

It's still going to be the biggest direct contradiction to your Constitution and no matter the interpretation it's going to require a rewrite..

I think that's the entire motive behind bringing it up.

And still, it's upholding the Constitution or Trump.

You must be able to agree that there's something that doesn't allow Trump's side to just sweep it under the carpet.

It's a can of worms opened that the Dems see as being a big deal issue.
No, it is not a contradiction since the amendment was made for people who do the wrong things to obtain power.

I hope SCOTUS makes very short work of this one and sets that rogue court back on its heels.
I can see a lot of reason for a 5-4 split in the affirmative, with a lot of scrambling by the court on which ones can be dissenters. Roberts will likey demand to be one.

Do you think a SCOTUS ruling will stop this Dem insurrection? :auiqs.jpg:The Dem regime does end runs around the SCOTUS all the time.

Breaking news is that CO just folded like a cheap lawn chair and is including Trump on the ballot.
Not true.

Congress. On the ratification by the States
and THAT was passed? we are talking exclusion of robert e lee etc from being excluded from office? no. that was never done. was it even considered?

(actually, there was at least 1 case approved by congress. gen nicholls did serve as louisiana governor in like 1876 )

and there certainly has been nothing passed (in accordance with the 14th para 3) to exclude trump or the oath he claims not to have taken?

Actually, from my best info, the south had a right to secede. It was the states that created the federal gummit, not the other way around. What the states can ratify, they can vote to de-ratify. I mean, again, the fed govt was a creation of the several states

Not quite. Anyone has the inherent right to fight against tyranny.

In the Case of the South they may have had the inherent right to attempt secession. What they didn't have was the right for it to not be unilateral. Since there is no escape clause in the Constitution, like any other contract breaking it requires mutual consent, or a fight over it.

The North and the South chose to fight over it.

If Roberts is affirmative then that's his legacy decided for him.

Good reason to expect a 5-4 win for Trump!

If the vote is anything other than 9/0 to strike down the Colorado court ruling, I will be deeply disappointed.
I know what's popular on this board, but thank you and others who are getting a headache over considering mine.

The Supreme Court absolutely will rule in favor of President Trump.

The state GOP’s petition argues three points:

<><>the presidency is not covered by the 14th, the insurrection clause is not “self-executing”

<><>means Congress alone must enforce it; states cannot make that determination on their own —

<><>by kicking Trump off the ballot, the state Rep Party’s “rights of association” have been violated.

The second point is interesting. The first is utterly imbecilic. How would Congress "enforce" it?
Did they argue that a Federal criminal violation must occur.

Roberts has sided with the liberal justices many times.
That's the point my friend!

And on top of that it's his court and his legacy.

And so the question is:

Is the challenge against the 14A legitimate or just blowing smoke. Let's both of us just say that it's a win for Trump at some costs.

Forum List

Back