Just curious - who on here lives in a "mandatory face coverings required in public" county?

I work at the hospital, not for the hospital. And I take health advice from the people that work the ER, not from the admin policy makers. The staff there loves me and wouldn't want to see any harm come to me, I've fought too many PCP smoking MICAs to keep them safe for them not to care.
We been in this knee-deep from jump street and so far only one person contracted it and she got it at her other job.

We know what we're doing.
Why the hell would ypu be in a room with a patient, anyway? I would say you lost credibility, but you never had any to start with, dumb ass.
Sounds like he's a security guard, or more likely a "rent-a-cop" for the hospital. As a contract worker he doesn't technically work for the hospital, but labor law wouldn't phrase it that way. I can't understand the hospital not requiring he wear a mask, not to protect himself, but to protect the patients. Since he has a high likelyhood to be an asymptomatic carrier.

He's lying one way or the other. If he works at a hospital, and has ANY interaction with the public, even if it is just in the lobby, he wears a mask.
If I come out from behind the desk, I pull up my mask at work. Thing is, I often have to pull it down again to communicate with people. The vast majority of what I do is just talking to people and the mask gets in the way.
I had to get between an irate family member and the ER doc last week because she was wearing a full face respirator and the person misheard her and was going to beat her ass for what they THOUGHT she said.

So why did you make up that lie? You Trump supporters can't help yourselves, can you?
What are you talking about?

Where is your irrefutable evidence that masks are helping anything?

P.S. "Better safe than sorry" isn't evidence.

Why does it need to be "irrefutable evidence"? Why not simply compelling evidence, or even fairly good evidence, particularly if there is also evidence that wearing a surgical style mask won't cause harm in the majority of people?
There isn't even marginally compelling evidence....There's nothing, zero, skiff, nada, bupkis....Nothing other than guesses from bureaucrats and edicts from tyrants.

"Wearing a mask does you no harm" isn't an argument.

There's a few.

I mean, sure, there's nothing, zero, skiff, nada, bupkis...
"Suggests" isn't an actual scientific conclusion.

Texas went mandatory a couple days ago, which didn't matter in my case since I wear one anyway in stores, as well as disposable gloves. Doesn't bother me to comply, since I only go to stores early in the morning as soon as they open and get in and get out quickly. I don't wear it in my car or outside, and I do the 6 foot distance thing. nobody I know who practices this is sick. I go by what seems to work for Taiwan, who should be flooded with case that close to Ground Zero, but they have been wearing masks and the like for years now, long before March, and it was becoming a common sight in the cities around here for the last couple of years as well anyway.

Some people are just going to be perpetual 10 year olds, no matter what, and the talk radio victims strive for being competitive with 4 year olds. I don't intend to be a transmitter myself and infect anybody else, even if I'm not bothered for myself personally.

Last edited:
Americans should be the social distancing champions anyway, we already observe a larger personal space bubble than just about any other culture.

So you'd rather go on being a drooling idiotic pavlovian dog.

I also obey traffic signals, like a drooling idiot pavlovian dog.

No, I don't recommend that you disobey all traffic signals just to demonstrate your independence and manliness.

The point is that preservation of self and others is a good thing. There's a reason that everyone is doing it.

• People should not wear cloth face coverings while engaged in activities that may cause the cloth face covering to become wet, like when swimming at the beach or pool. A wet cloth face covering may make it difficult to breathe. For activities like swimming, it is particularly important to maintain physical distance from others when in the water.
  • People who are engaged in high intensity activities, like running, may not be able to wear a cloth face covering if it causes difficulty breathing. If unable to wear a cloth face covering, consider conducting the activity in a location with greater ventilation and air exchange (for instance, outdoors versus indoors) and where it is possible to maintain physical distance from others.
  • People who work in a setting where cloth face coverings may increase the risk of heat-related illness or cause safety concerns due to introduction of a hazard (for instance, straps getting caught in machinery) may consult with an occupational safety and health professional to determine the appropriate face covering for their setting. Outdoor workers may prioritize use of cloth face coverings when in close contact with other people, like during group travel or shift meetings, and remove face coverings when social distancing is possible. Find more information here and below.

CDC states that employers should have people wear the masks only for close quarters meetings and such...........Not outside were you can maintain distance...............yet where I work.........and from everywhere I'm hearing they are making it mandatory even outside and IN THE HEAT..........

These masks get sweaty.........WET.......and like I've said MANY TIMES......it's like Waterboarding yourself with your own sweat..............STUPIDITY......in the workplace from a low death rate virus with inflated deaths by the DEFINITION.....

Since the CDC recommends cloth only.......and that is all most are wearing anyway........they don't do jack squat for AIR BORNE TRANSMISSION........
Are you standing behind the CDC recommendations or are you challenging them?
The CDC got it wrong on the death rate early on..........weren't even close........screwed up tests early on

In regards to masks getting wet.....most places like I work are wearing them outside in the heat and they get wet.............CDC in what I posted......don't wear them wet.......and outside you should be able to keep your distance........most businesses are pushing for the stupidity outside.......where they get soaked with sweat.

The cloth masks DO NOT STOP AIRBORNE.........they are useless in my opinion anyway.........

• People should not wear cloth face coverings while engaged in activities that may cause the cloth face covering to become wet, like when swimming at the beach or pool. A wet cloth face covering may make it difficult to breathe. For activities like swimming, it is particularly important to maintain physical distance from others when in the water.
  • People who are engaged in high intensity activities, like running, may not be able to wear a cloth face covering if it causes difficulty breathing. If unable to wear a cloth face covering, consider conducting the activity in a location with greater ventilation and air exchange (for instance, outdoors versus indoors) and where it is possible to maintain physical distance from others.
  • People who work in a setting where cloth face coverings may increase the risk of heat-related illness or cause safety concerns due to introduction of a hazard (for instance, straps getting caught in machinery) may consult with an occupational safety and health professional to determine the appropriate face covering for their setting. Outdoor workers may prioritize use of cloth face coverings when in close contact with other people, like during group travel or shift meetings, and remove face coverings when social distancing is possible. Find more information here and below.

CDC states that employers should have people wear the masks only for close quarters meetings and such...........Not outside were you can maintain distance...............yet where I work.........and from everywhere I'm hearing they are making it mandatory even outside and IN THE HEAT..........

These masks get sweaty.........WET.......and like I've said MANY TIMES......it's like Waterboarding yourself with your own sweat..............STUPIDITY......in the workplace from a low death rate virus with inflated deaths by the DEFINITION.....

Since the CDC recommends cloth only.......and that is all most are wearing anyway........they don't do jack squat for AIR BORNE TRANSMISSION........
The CDC got it wrong on the death rate early on..........weren't even close........screwed up tests early on

In regards to masks getting wet.....most places like I work are wearing them outside in the heat and they get wet.............CDC in what I posted......don't wear them wet.......and outside you should be able to keep your distance........most businesses are pushing for the stupidity outside.......where they get soaked with sweat.

The cloth masks DO NOT STOP AIRBORNE.........they are useless in my opinion anyway.........
Offense intended... your opinion is shit. You’re cherry picking what the CDC says to try and back up your argument while trying to lay our a case for the CDC being incompetent. Those two don’t mesh well. Nice try though

Offense intended... your opinion is shit. You’re cherry picking what the CDC says to try and back up your argument while trying to lay our a case for the CDC being incompetent. Those two don’t mesh well. Nice try though
Just be a good little lemming and keep your mask on.

And if you are - are you complying?
Of course I am complying. I have customers who are relying on me and my "feelings" dont supercede my need to fulfill my contracts or support my family.
So do you have to wear a mask to fulfill your contracts? Or does your company require you to wear them?
I don't wear them on the job. Have to wear them EVERYWHERE else now. Need lumber? Wear a mask. No choice

20200706_134328.jpg

Are you deaf dumb and blind?! We are in a nation wide pandemic. Most other countries took this thing seriously and have squashed it. But not us, it’s a big joke, it’s just gonna disappear, people who listen to the safety guidelines pussies... what the fuck is wrong with you? Look at what’s happening. Open your eyes

Are you deaf dumb and blind?! We are in a nation wide pandemic. Most other countries took this thing seriously and have squashed it. But not us, it’s a big joke, it’s just gonna disappear, people who listen to the safety guidelines pussies... what the fuck is wrong with you? Look at what’s happening. Open your eyes
Go cry somewhere else dingus.
FB_IMG_1594089822978.jpg

Go cry somewhere else dingus.
View attachment 360375
Nobody is crying dipshit. Just giving a reality check to a brick wall so I guess I actually am the idiot here for even trying

I am looking, I'm at ground zero, looking around and I DON'T see bodies in the streets like I was told to expect.
I don't see healthy people dying from this.
I DO see a lot of people going along with whatever they are told by a government and a media that have been wrong about everything.

I may have to wear a mask at work in the hospital but I don't have to anywhere else and I'm not going to.

I swear, now I know how all the sane Germans felt watching the Nazi's come to power and not being able to talk sense to anyone.

Forum List

Back