Judge rules that NYC vaccine mandate can stand

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
:clap:

New York Judge Lizette Colon ruled Wednesday that New York City's COVID-19 vaccine requirement for municipal workers can be implemented as planned, rejecting a request by the police union to block the mandate, The Associated Press reported.​
Most New York City municipal workers are required to have one dose of the vaccine by Friday, with some corrections officers having a Dec. 1 deadline. The city workers who present proof of vaccination will be rewarded with a $500 bonus in their paycheck, whereas those who do not will be placed on unpaid leave until they do so.​
Previously, New York City employees could opt to take weekly COVID-19 tests instead of being vaccinated, but this exemption no longer will apply.​

New York Judge Lizette Colon ruled Wednesday that New York City's COVID-19 vaccine requirement for municipal workers can be implemented as planned, rejecting a request by the police union to block the mandate, The Associated Press reported.​
Most New York City municipal workers are required to have one dose of the vaccine by Friday, with some corrections officers having a Dec. 1 deadline. The city workers who present proof of vaccination will be rewarded with a $500 bonus in their paycheck, whereas those who do not will be placed on unpaid leave until they do so.​
Previously, New York City employees could opt to take weekly COVID-19 tests instead of being vaccinated, but this exemption no longer will apply.​

Yay, tyranny.
:yes_text12:

Really looking forward to seeing a 30% reduction in force for NYPD, FDNY, EMS and Sanitation.

No surprise, I mean it's NY

Meh, individual employers have traditionally been able to require vaccines pre-covid. Now if they were mandating them for a retired Orthadox Jew, that might have not flown. Our local hospital has mandated flu shots for employees for longer than I can remember, for instance.

Meh, individual employers have traditionally been able to require vaccines pre-covid. Now if they were mandating them for a retired Orthadox Jew, that might have not flown. Our local hospital has mandated flu shots for employees for longer than I can remember, for instance.
This is the the city. Not the corner hardware store. This mandate will turn New York into the vision in Escape From New York.

Yay, tyranny.
:yes_text12:
52F93F2E-39A4-4C61-BE79-0A5715C9704A.jpeg

More police have died of COVID than gunfire last year and this year.

More police have probably died of suicide and other causes than gunfire.

And with 30% less cops on the street, its gunfire in MY Direction I am worried about, or gunfire in someone else's direction that I am in the way of.

There is no such thing as the "bullet with your name on it", they are all addressed to "occupant"

Such mandates are perfectly appropriate and constitutional, in no manner violating citizens' rights

Not to mention every public school in the country which have been mandating 5 or 6 vaccinations since the 1950's. Hell, in Mississippi there isn't even a religious exemption on those.

No conservative judges in NY Meister? Ya know, it's funny how it was very often REPUBLICAN appointed judges who ruled against Trumpy Bear and his Bigly Lie. Ten of those were appointed by Dear Leader himself! :D
Are we talking about "Trumpy" or are we talking about the vaccine mandate.
Are you inferring that this judge is a conservative judge?

This is going to hit sanitation really hard. It will be fun to watch the rats continue to replace the people.

Are we talking about "Trumpy" or are we talking about the vaccine mandate.
Are you inferring that this judge is a conservative judge?
No, I looked her up. She is a registered Democrat. I just don't see what difference that makes. Most judges rise above their political beliefs. Shame that isn't the case with 5 of the 6 conservatives currently on SCOTUS.

Forum List

Back