Judge rules that NYC vaccine mandate can stand

Well why do political parties go shopping for the right judge, Doc?

A question for the ages actually. I'd like to see more moderate judges. Garland would have been one of those but Mitch cock-blocked him for nearly a year. Same will be true now if anyone dies. He'll pull the same stunt for three more years and more if necessary.

Tell you what's another crying shame with McTurtle? He's blocked every single Biden ambassador pick with the exception fo a couple of former senators like Flake and McCain's daughter.

He doesn't give a damn about this country. It's all about consolidating power and defeating anything Biden wants.

A question for the ages actually. I'd like to see more moderate judges. Garland would have been one of those but Mitch cock-blocked him for nearly a year. Same will be true now if anyone dies. He'll pull the same stunt for three more years and more if necessary.

Tell you what's another crying shame with McTurtle? He's blocked every single Biden ambassador pick with the exception fo a couple of former senators like Flake and McCain's daughter.

He doesn't give a damn about this country. It's all about consolidating power and defeating anything Biden wants.

Garland, a moderate? After his hot seat inquisition this week, I don't think anyone would call him a moderate any longer.
What was Schumer and Pelosi doing with Trump for four straight years? Really, any difference?

Garland, a moderate? After his hot seat inquisition this week, I don't think anyone would call him a moderate any longer.
What was Schumer and Pelosi doing with Trump for four straight years? Really, any difference?

Yes, Garland may be a Democrat, but he is definitely a moderate. And he completely shut down Biden when Joe said he thought Bannon and others should be indicted for ignoring subpoenas.

It's rather nice to have a DOJ which is independent of the executive branch. That sure as hell wasn't the case with Trump, who used the DOJ as his political plaything and got his way most of the time.

Yes, Garland may be a Democrat, but he is definitely a moderate. And he completely shut down Biden when Joe said he thought Bannon and others should be indicted for ignoring subpoenas.

It's rather nice to have a DOJ which is independent of the executive branch. That sure as hell wasn't the case with Trump, who used the DOJ as his political plaything and got his way most of the time.
I found it concerning with his stance with the parents, and CRT and the son-in-law connection.

:clap:

New York Judge Lizette Colon ruled Wednesday that New York City's COVID-19 vaccine requirement for municipal workers can be implemented as planned, rejecting a request by the police union to block the mandate, The Associated Press reported.​
Most New York City municipal workers are required to have one dose of the vaccine by Friday, with some corrections officers having a Dec. 1 deadline. The city workers who present proof of vaccination will be rewarded with a $500 bonus in their paycheck, whereas those who do not will be placed on unpaid leave until they do so.​
Previously, New York City employees could opt to take weekly COVID-19 tests instead of being vaccinated, but this exemption no longer will apply.​

I know this same issue has come before judges in my state with the judges ruling the same as the ones in NY state.

Has any judge ruled against mandatory vaccinations in any case yet?

I know that the Supreme Court ruled around 100 years ago that government vaccination mandates are constitutional and legal so I don't think any court will ever rule that a mandate is unconstitutional and illegal.

But anything is possible. Maybe a far right judge in a red state might.

We will have to wait to see.

:clap:

New York Judge Lizette Colon ruled Wednesday that New York City's COVID-19 vaccine requirement for municipal workers can be implemented as planned, rejecting a request by the police union to block the mandate, The Associated Press reported.​
Most New York City municipal workers are required to have one dose of the vaccine by Friday, with some corrections officers having a Dec. 1 deadline. The city workers who present proof of vaccination will be rewarded with a $500 bonus in their paycheck, whereas those who do not will be placed on unpaid leave until they do so.​
Previously, New York City employees could opt to take weekly COVID-19 tests instead of being vaccinated, but this exemption no longer will apply.​
The ruling stands with existing case law. I'm not surprised. I don't think any of these challenges against state or local government mandates are going to stand barring unusual circumstances.

I know this same issue has come before judges in my state with the judges ruling the same as the ones in NY state.

Has any judge ruled against mandatory vaccinations in any case yet?

I know that the Supreme Court ruled around 100 years ago that government vaccination mandates are constitutional and legal so I don't think any court will ever rule that a mandate is unconstitutional and illegal.

But anything is possible. Maybe a far right judge in a red state might.

We will have to wait to see.

Florida's idiot governor was able to find a judge to back him on outlawing mask mandates in school districts. But vaccine mandates? Nope, I don't believe a single one has been overturned. You're right, we have around 75 years of precedent on those.

It will be interesting to see how many are willing to lose their jobs to stand by their convictions.

It will be interesting to see how many are willing to lose their jobs to stand by their convictions.

Not as many as our Vax Karens would like to believe. Push comes to shove, they crumble.

1635441641561.png

Not to mention every public school in the country which have been mandating 5 or 6 vaccinations since the 1950's. Hell, in Mississippi there isn't even a religious exemption on those.

and of course the Department of Defense loves them some jabs as well.

Forum List

Back