Judge in Georgia Dismisses Three Trump Charges

When Mr. Blue lost the election the EC electors were no longer those pledged to Mr. Blue. The pledged electors were changed to Mr. Red who cast their ballots and were certified by The states executive authority.
You overlook, conveniently, the fact that in many states, electors can go rouge. So, as I mentioned previously, the electors aren't necessarily bound to switch their votes to Mr Red.......what if that happens? Has to be some intervention at the executive level.

Now what?

You misstate the what would happen:
  • Election held.
  • Mr. Blue appears to win.
  • Mr. Red challenges the election and there is a recount and possibly court action.
  • Final determination is that Mr. Red won the election.
  • Mr. Red's Electors from the party (who the people are really voting for) meet in the capital and cast their votes.
  • The Executive Authority certifies the EC votes and sends the certification to the National Archivist and the President of the Senate.
  • Congress, sitting in joint session, then count the certificates from the States Executive Authority.
Under no scenario does the losing party get to select "alternate" electors and and send them to Congress, bypassing State Executive Authority, claiming to be the "official" EC certification.

WW
That's lovely if the challenges are sorted out in a timely manner, but that's not what this debate is all about.

3 USC 7

The electors of President and Vice President of each State shall meet and give their votes on the first Tuesday after the second Wednesday in December next following their appointment at such place in each State in accordance with the laws of the State enacted prior to election day.

That date is set by the ECA and is not negotiable.

When Mr. Blue lost the election the EC electors were no longer those pledged to Mr. Blue. The pledged electors were changed to Mr. Red who cast their ballots and were certified by The states executive authority.

WW
Electors are pledged to a candidate, their votes are not subject to a Governor's whim.

That was the whole point of Democrat electors meeting and casting their votes immediately after the Republican electors in Hawaii. To preserve the challenge that was underway on the day the electors had to meet.

What Lessig called a "genius legal insight" in that CNN piece...

No you didn't.

Better people than you that lived long ago did that.
... and, yes, they were Europeans. Nevertheless, all you can do is complain and whimper about it and do what you can to undo what they did (while typing on your computer under electric lighting just after driving your car back from the grocery store).

It's your slaver Founders who enjoyed living off the fruits of other people's labor and making sure American schools teach real history is only a destruction of your fail white fantasy and make believe.
Who invented the combustion engine? Who invented the light bulb? Who harnessed and utilized electricity? Who invented the cotton gin and other machinery used in the production of textiles? Airplane? Telephone?

Please stop with your victimhood and try to do something productive.

Who invented the combustion engine? Who invented the light bulb? Who harnessed and utilized electricity? Who invented the cotton gin and other machinery used in the production of textiles? Airplane? Telephone?
Not you. Do you want a participation trophy? :dunno: :laugh:
Please stop with your victimhood and try to do something productive.
I'm not the one engaging in stolen valor while being part of the fail white generation to lose white demographic hegemony. :itsok::funnyface:

Not you. Do you want a participation trophy? :dunno: :laugh:

I'm not the one engaging in stolen valor while being part of the fail white generation to lose white demographic hegemony. :itsok::funnyface:
No ... you're the one who wants to enjoy the fruits of others' inventions and the fruit of their production while blaming them for your own failures; shortcomings; and sloth.

Electors are pledged to a candidate, their votes are not subject to a Governor's whim.

That was the whole point of Democrat electors meeting and casting their votes immediately after the Republican electors in Hawaii. To preserve the challenge that was underway on the day the electors had to meet.

What Lessig called a "genius legal insight" in that CNN piece...

Correct. But those party electors were done under State authority while the court case was pending. It was the Governor as the States Executive Authority that finalized and sent the official elector count to Congress.

The party DID NOT, send elector certification to Congress claiming to be the real and true, duel certified electors.

WW

You overlook, conveniently, the fact that in many states, electors can go rouge. So, as I mentioned previously, the electors aren't necessarily bound to switch their votes to Mr Red.......what if that happens? Has to be some intervention at the executive level.

Now what?

That has nothing to do with the discussion.
  • If the DEM candidate wins, that selects a slate of DEM electors.
  • If the GOP candidate is found to have won through a recount or court action determines the original result is incorrect, the DEM slate of electors is no longer valid and the GOP electors are instead selected.
If you have GOP EC Electors not wanting to vote for the GOP candidate you have a different problem.

WW

Dude..................it's obvious you have succumbed to Trump Derangement Syndrome....you've bounced around all over the place from my factual counter posts to you assertions.....:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:
You are trying to make the law political. I am against that. BTW, I'm not deranged over someone who has been charged with 88 felony counts and is now saying there will be a "bloodbath" if he is not elected.

You are trying to make the law political. I am against that. BTW, I'm not deranged over someone who has been charged with 88 felony counts and is now saying there will be a "bloodbath" if he is not elected.

Heaven knows I'm not an FPOTUS#45 supporter.

But the "bloodbath" comments is being taken completely out of context as he's clearly talking about the impact on the automotive industry.

FPOTUS#45 clearly says enough stupid things without having to resort to out of context snippets.

WW

Heaven knows I'm not an FPOTUS#45 supporter.

But the "bloodbath" comments is being taken completely out of context as he's clearly talking about the impact on the automotive industry.

FPOTUS#45 clearly says enough stupid things without having to resort to out of context snippets.

WW
Oh bullshit! That's a crock of shit!

And I'm happy we all get to see Trump have his day in court against Fani Willis. Can't wait. :laugh:
Look what the so called justice system is doing to Trump. They mounted so many charges that their plan is to cause him to go broke. They do not charge murderers as many charges though they took lives.

Correct. But those party electors were done under State authority while the court case was pending. It was the Governor as the States Executive Authority that finalized and sent the official elector count to Congress.
I have asked you several times to support that claim wrt "state authority". You have provided nothing. The republican electors cast their votes, then the democrat electors cast theirs. That's what we know from the Honolulu newspaper and other accounts.

There are statements from the Governor and Secretary of State that contradict what you say- i.e. "even if the recount goes to Kennedy, it will require another recount". And the Governor certified the result for Nixon BEFORE the electoral votes were even cast.

The recount was automatic due to the close call. After the recount, and long after the statutory deadline, the Circuit Court declared Kennedy was the winner, they sent those electoral votes to Congress and they arrived barely in time to be counted.

The democrat electors preserved Kennedy's challenge.
The party DID NOT, send elector certification to Congress claiming to be the real and true, duel certified electors.
The Nixon votes were sent, then later the Kennedy votes were sent. Nixon had two slates of electors on counting day.

In 2020, no one claimed that any State had reversed their official certification on Jan 6. The electors certify that their ballots are true ballots, cast by the electors for Trump, and not something out of a cereal box. That is the extent of the certifications that electors make.

Nothing was transmitted to Congress that claimed the official certification of any State had been reversed, or had any forged signature of a Governor.

No one was expecting Pence to count those votes unless the challenges at the State level were successful. The Eastman gambit was to have Pence reject the certified votes from the contested States, and send the decision to the House, and not count Trump's votes. That would have been illegal, imo, and Pence correctly refused.

I get it. You are trying to come up with some difference between what happened in 1960 and 2020, and say HA! THAT is why is was okay in 1960 and not in 2020. That is BS. There are bound to be some differences when the elections are 60 years apart. There was no roadmap then or now on how that situation is handled. All there is, is the precedent.

And the dems were prepared to go down that same road in 2020, as the CNN piece shows. Hell, It could have been that very piece that gave republicans the idea...

Last edited:
If the GOP candidate is found to have won through a recount or court action determines the original result is incorrect, the DEM slate of electors is no longer valid and the GOP electors are instead selected.
That was the crux of the Trump campaigns contingent electors and having to have them in place by December 14th. The Biden electors would vote on that day, if no Trump electors voted on that same day, and the courts gave the win to Trump, without any contingent electors to have voted, it would default to Biden.

Forum List

Back