Joe Manchin eyes potential third-party White House run. What do this board's moderates have to say?

Within the framework of capitalism, the problem of poverty is not solved in any way.
After all, the "fight against poverty" always turns into a business of enriching themselves through inflated contracts, stealing, and keeping all their lackeys at the expense of this very fight.
Charity is the same

We have a few so-called "moderates", who (and you know who you are) only seem to go after the board's conservatives. If Manchin runs, would you support him?
In other words if the choice is Biden, Trump, or Manchin, who will you support?

Democrats trying to talk Manchin out of White House ambitions​

How can a Senator not have even suspected that Biden and fellow Democrats would betray him over American Energy concerns.
They did and he acted all "what the hecK" so take your pick: Gullible, stupid, mendacious, posturing --- Naah, send him back to the farm

How can a Senator not have even suspected that Biden and fellow Democrats would betray him over American Energy concerns.
They did and he acted all "what the hecK" so take your pick: Gullible, stupid, mendacious, posturing --- Naah, send him back to the farm

Or......

Dems "But you will hurt the party"

Manchin "You should have considered that before lying to me".

Hoppy Kercheval is the best voice on WV politics. He's center right and fair on his thoughts. It's the only political radio I will listen to.

Here he makes some remarks on Manchin.

Joe Manchin's quest - WV MetroNews

“The Democratic and Republican machines have no interest in solutions,” he said. “Today, the business of politics is about monetizing anger and getting paid for it. And business has never been better.............

Joe is spot on here.

Remarks on Justice and how he doesn't feel a need to actually pay for anything.

Bills keep piling up for Justice family businesses - WV MetroNews

As opposed to being a billionaire like initially claimed, he is bankrupt, it's just not been filed yet.

Because we need to continue Joe's open-border so the flood of the third-world will continue.
I know...caravan time again. Lemme know how well that works out for you. I'll be looking for ya on the morning of 11/6/24.

We have a few so-called "moderates", who (and you know who you are) only seem to go after the board's conservatives. If Manchin runs, would you support him?

I like JM.....always did.

Unless they're completely unhinged, I'll vote for the first candidate to push for Ranked Choice Voting.

All the screaming about how Biden is corrupt, how he has used his position in government to advance the family business. And the other view, that Trump used his position as president to further his businesses. Well Manchin "defines" that type of corruption.

Manchin has made his money selling "gob" coal. I mean it is coal, kind of, it is discarded coal mixed with rocks, more carbon intensive than wood. But in West Virginia, well companies get a credit toward an "alternative energy" source by burning waste coal. How mean now cynical is that? But Manchin made that happen when he was governor.

I mean it is a hell of a gig. Manchin picks up the waste coal for like fourteen bucks a ton or so, government contract. And then they sell it to a special power plant, that gets a special exemption from environmental controls, gets credit for using an "alternative energy" source, and they pay the same as the cost of real coal. That is usually over a hundred bucks a ton. I mean Manchin is profiting over eighty bucks a ton.
Well there you go That's the guy I want in charge.

/——/ Joe now sleeps with one eye open.

All the screaming about how Biden is corrupt, how he has used his position in government to advance the family business. And the other view, that Trump used his position as president to further his businesses. Well Manchin "defines" that type of corruption.

Manchin has made his money selling "gob" coal. I mean it is coal, kind of, it is discarded coal mixed with rocks, more carbon intensive than wood. But in West Virginia, well companies get a credit toward an "alternative energy" source by burning waste coal. How mean now cynical is that? But Manchin made that happen when he was governor.

I mean it is a hell of a gig. Manchin picks up the waste coal for like fourteen bucks a ton or so, government contract. And then they sell it to a special power plant, that gets a special exemption from environmental controls, gets credit for using an "alternative energy" source, and they pay the same as the cost of real coal. That is usually over a hundred bucks a ton. I mean Manchin is profiting over eighty bucks a ton.
/——/ Well, good for him. Thanks for sharing.

I consider myself moderate on most issues. I think Biden is generally a moderate so I don't really see a need for another moderate in the race. If there is a moderate 3rd party, I'd prefer them to start at the state or local level. I think that is where the extremists on either side are winning.

Forum List

Back